Nachi Cocom vs Paradise Beach in Cozumel

Hatay

Earning My Ears
My family will be in Cozumel in Oct. Our kids are 8, 6, and 4. Anybody have any experience with either of these places and which one is better for kids? From my research I think the kids may like Paradise Beach better, but my husband and I may like the drink/food price/option better at Nachi. Anybody taken younger kids to Nachi? Just curious! Thanks!

We went to Paradise Beach and we loved it. However, Nachi Cocom does look very nice. If price is an option, Paradise Beach may be less expensive unless you are big drinkers and eaters.

MUN

We went to Paradise Beach and we loved it. However, Nachi Cocom does sound very nice. If price is an option, Paradise Beach may be less expensive unless you are big drinkers and eaters.

MUN
Thanks! Not big drinkers or eaters, was thinking the same.

Nachi Cocum is more relaxing and has a nice pool, but does not have the water park type elements.

Nachi Cocum is more relaxing and has a nice pool, but does not have the water park type elements.
I thought the pool at Paradise Beach was very nice. It didn't seem very crowded the day we went. I think they both would be good choices.

We really liked Paradise Beach. Get there early and you can have your pick of locations - lots of sun, shade, or pool side. It got a bit crowded by mid day. Be aware that the inflatables are huge and are in pretty deep water - over my head, and are staggered in the water where you will not be able to see behind the first line of inflatables. Unless your kids are very good swimmers, it might not be the best for them. You can check out life vests for free, and there is a "life guard" there, but he can't really be everywhere at once. I'd consider it more swim at your own risk. It took a fair bit of strength to get up on the inflatables also. The pool was very nice, large, and had lots of pool chairs also. I thought the food was good, and our server was fabulous. I'd easily go back.

ETA - my teens are all strong swimmers and enjoyed the inflatables. I'd just be worried about younger kids.

Last edited:
We took our 2 year old to Nachi Cocum and we had a great time. As others have said................very relaxing and not too many people. Nice break from the crowded ship.

We really liked Paradise Beach. Get there early and you can have your pick of locations - lots of sun, shade, or pool side. It got a bit crowded by mid day. Be aware that the inflatables are huge and are in pretty deep water - over my head, and are staggered in the water where you will not be able to see behind the first line of inflatables. Unless your kids are very good swimmers, it might not be the best for them. You can check out life vests for free, and there is a "life guard" there, but he can't really be everywhere at once. I'd consider it more swim at your own risk. It took a fair bit of strength to get up on the inflatables also. The pool was very nice, large, and had lots of pool chairs also. I thought the food was good, and our server was fabulous. I'd easily go back.

ETA - my teens are all strong swimmers and enjoyed the inflatables. I'd just be worried about younger kids.

Thank you, great info about the inflatables!!

We really enjoyed Paradise Beach. I would agree with above though - we had 10 and 12 year old strong swimmers with us and they couldn't get up on the inflatables. We really enjoyed the pool and having good food and drinks delivered to your chair was awesome. I thought the prices were reasonable too. I did a massage which was extra but pretty good. Have fun!

Going to Nachi in August. Have never been. I am optimistically thinking that I’ll be writing a review, so I’ll have some feedback then.

Also, food for thought - heck to see how many ships are in port that day. Nachi touts a guest limit, so if there are a lot of ships (or one Oasis class ship) that might tip the scales in their favour.

But overall, based on the reviews I’ve seen before, I don’t think you’ll go wr9ng with either place.

We went to Nachi Cocom in Feb 2013, and my kids were 2 and 5 at the time (my oldest went on an ATV ride with Dad instead). We loved it. Mine were the only kids there that day, and staff brought us a few beach toys for them to play with.

Food was great, drinks were great. The only negative thing about Nachi is that the pool is not heated and it was FREEZING in February. Way too cold for everyone. For that reason, on our upcoming cruise in Jan 2019, we are considering Paradise Beach because it advertises a heated pool.

I’ve been to Nachi Cocum and Playa Mia, never Paradise Beach though.

The food was amazing at NC, but the wi-fi was awful. Bathroom was ok. Pool was clean but cold. Beach was boring, but staff was pleasant.

I’ve decided I’m going to avoid Coz from now on if I can help it. The sand is so coarse. No burying yourself in it. Kids hated it. Was like sharp sesame seeds. (Some have suggested north side of island is better.)

I’ve been to Nachi Cocum and Playa Mia, never Paradise Beach though.

The food was amazing at NC, but the wi-fi was awful. Bathroom was ok. Pool was clean but cold. Beach was boring, but staff was pleasant.

I’ve decided I’m going to avoid Coz from now on if I can help it. The sand is so coarse. No burying yourself in it. Kids hated it. Was like sharp sesame seeds. (Some have suggested north side of island is better.)

How is Playa Mia? Looks fun for kids but have heard mixed reviews.

The sand is so coarse. No burying yourself in it. Kids hated it. Was like sharp sesame seeds.

You're obviously don't go to the Texas coast for the beach. LOL Cozumel beaches are way better than anything we have near us. (South Padre is ok, but anything Rockport and east is a beach by technical standards only.)

How is Playa Mia? Looks fun for kids but have heard mixed reviews.

I thought the food was very Americanized. Nachi Cocum was more authentic IMO. But it was buffet at Playa Mia, so we had more options. The pool was very nice. Shopping was kinda convenient. Water was very weedy when we were there. My kids and DH were a little freaked out at the beach.

My signature has our cruise trip report and you can scroll through to Cozumel day. Have lots of pictures of Playa Mia.

You're obviously don't go to the Texas coast for the beach. LOL Cozumel beaches are way better than anything we have near us. (South Padre is ok, but anything Rockport and east is a beach by technical standards only.)

This is good to know.
I have beach-sand issues.

Never go to Galveston, at least not for the beach. It’s the worst.
I can't speak for Galveston now but when I lived in Houston ('01-'05) it certainly did not look great. But it's been over 10 years now and I hope that it's better now.

Also hoping to see how these places are in 2022. I'll be there in March 2023.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter