MYW Dining Option Have new info about plan

Leslie32

Going to disneyworld for the first time EVER!!!
Hi there, My AAA agent just called me and said that the dining option does have some restrictions. If you want to eat at an upscale restaurant like the CA Grill for example. You will have to use 2 sit down meal offers for one of their dinners. At the other sit down restaurants there are no restrictions. SO if you want lobster or anything else expensive you will have to use 2 sit down dinning options for that lobster. Hope this helps everyone.

If you look at the list of places on mousesavers, there are signature restaurants and these take 2 sit downs from your meal plan. CA Grill is listed as a signature restaurant. The list on mousesavers is very helpful...it lists snacks and counter service too.

Leslie32 said:
Hi there, My AAA agent just called me and said that the dining option does have some restrictions. If you want to eat at an upscale restaurant like the CA Grill for example. You will have to use 2 sit down meal offers for one of their dinners. At the other sit down restaurants there are no restrictions. SO if you want lobster or anything else expensive you will have to use 2 sit down dinning options for that lobster. Hope this helps everyone.

I am confused. If there are NO restrictions at non-signature restaurants why do I have to use 2 dining options to get an expensive meal at one of those restaurants?

I don't know. If you look at www.mousesavers.com they have a list of signature restaurants and shows. I asked my AAA the same thing and she said well I guess because they are more expensive then the regular table service restaurants. I wanted to try Jiko and California grill but I don't want to use 2 of my options to eat there. I will not be able to eat dinner one night. Ugh I don't understand.

I think the cost of the meals in the signature restaurants is quite high, thats why they are making you use 2 dining options. Heres a sample of a meal from Jiko, one of the signature restaurants requiring use of 2 sit down options.

Appetizer- Lemon-Cumin Marinated Ahi Tuna - with heirloom beans and "Zough" yogurt sauce $12.00

Entree- Oak-Grilled Filet Mignon - with macaroni and cheese and red wine sauce $33.00

Dessert-Jiko Sundae - three ice creams...vanilla, amarula and chocolate with meringue dots, roasted peanuts, chocolate sauce, malted whipped cream and chilled espresso $7.50

Beverage- Coca Cola - $2.50 (estimate, no price listed for drinks)

Sub- Total$ 55.00

Gratuity- $ 8.25 (15%)

Total- $ 63.25

Now 2 days of dining cost you 70.00 but you are also getting 2 snacks and 2 counter service meals out of that. If you allow about 8.50 for counter service and 2.50 for your snack x 2 that equals $22.00 take yr 70.00 minus the 22.00 and now it leaves $48.00. So you could technically get the above meal worth $63.25 for your cost of $48.00 a savings of $ 15.25. Bottom line is, go check out the menus and costs at wdwig and see what types of meals you would order then you will know if you can make the dining plan save you money or not. I'm having a blast preplaning the meals I plan to have with my pkg.

and, the price of Boma which counts as one sit down is 24.99...
it's not nearly as expensive.

What doesn't make sense it that Brown Derby counts as two with the FDP and it's not a signature restaurant.

Here's another estimate of a meal at Le Cellier in Canada at Epcot and this will only use 1 of yr dining options and is a great deal.

Appetizer- Asian Shrimp Cocktail - wasabi slaw and horseradish chili sauce $9.99

Entree- 20 oz. Bone-in Ribeye Steak - roasted garlic, frisee, and Roasted Yukon potatoes flavored with caramelized Vidalia onions, finished with veal demi glace $36.99

Dessert- Canadian Club Cake $6.99

Beverage- Coca-Cola $2.50 ( estimate, no prices listed for drinks)

Sub-Total $ 56.47

Gratuity $ 7.96

Total $ 64.43

Pretty nice meal considering you paid $35.00 for the day and you get this meal worth $64.43 plus a snack plus a counter service lunch. For us this is an opportunity to eat some great meals that we normally couldnt afford if we paid on a meal by meal basis.

Thank you so much benebire. That really helps you breaking it down like that. I definatley think the meal pkg will be worth it for us. We love to eat, LOL so do my children. I just wish I didn't have to give them 2 sit downs for the meal at Jikos. What if its your last day and you only have 1 sit down left and you eat at a signiture restaurant, how will they work that out? Will you just pay the difference? Remember Gratuity is included with the dining option which is Awesome to me.

Someone posted on another board that Le Cellier is changing to a signature resturant. I have checked with my TA and she is going to find out for sure before she changes my ressies.

Kristy

Eeyorelover22,

what are you looking at that shows brown derby requires 2 sit downs. Its listed in the sit down column on mousesavers not in the signature and dinner show column. Does disney have another list somewhere? I've been using the one at mousesavers as her site is usually very reliable.

We've had this info on the DIS: MYW Dining

Since some questions have been raised, we're looking into whether there have been some changes made since this was first issued. We'll keep you posted. :D :D :D

thanks dvcreg, we appreciate your checking it out. Looks like yr list matches the mousesavers list though. Maybe EEyorelover22 just looked in the wrong column when she made the comment about brown derby being a 2 dining option instead of a 1. I just went looking on disneys site and couldnt find a listing anywhere over there.

benebire, someone posted on a different thread about the FDP and another person posted that the Brown Derby if used for the FDP would be two sit downs. I'm getting confused on the different threads!! I'll try to find the other thread and post the link.

Mouse savers need to update their site! I called Disney today and Brown Derby and Le Cellier are now signature rest, but Alfredo has been taken off the list! This just was changed when the new dinning plan came out! I am rethinking about getting the dinning plan! :flower1: I might get lunch vochers instead!

The Disney site lists the following as Signature Dining:

Artist Point
Bistro de Paris
California Grill
Citricos
Coral Reef Restaurant
Flying Fish Cafe
The Hollywood Brown Derby
Jiko
Les Chefs de France
Palio
Shula's Steak House
Todd English's bluezoo
Victoria and Albert's
Yachtasman Steakhouse

By the way, my TA insists that Brown Derby and Les Cellar aren't "Signature Dining Experiences", and she's a certified Disney TA. <sigh> I wish Disney would make this clear by posting a list on their site, but I don't find any link. Maybe this allows them to make changes at will?

FallDisney said:
By the way, my TA insists that Brown Derby and Les Cellar aren't "Signature Dining Experiences", and she's a certified Disney TA. <sigh> I wish Disney would make this clear by posting a list on their site, but I don't find any link. Maybe this allows them to make changes at will?

I got my information on the phone directly from a Disney. He checked for me and LeCellier and Brown Derby are now signature . Alfredo (which used to be a signature rest) is not now.

drumflower said:
I got my information on the phone directly from a Disney. He checked for me and LeCellier and Brown Derby are now signature . Alfredo (which used to be a signature rest) is not now.

Oh, I hope you don't think I was questioning you! :guilty:

I was just trying to say that I don't even think the TA's are getting all of the information.

You are right about that! lol Even the Cm that I talked to (who has worked for Disney many years) was very surprised himself! According to him, they never notified their own travel agents about this change. I am glad I haven't booked the dinning package yet. If all the best restaurants are becoming 2 meals value on the dinning plan, I think I might not do it. I will keep my room only discount!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter