• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mythos recipes?

rob@rar.org.uk

Skiing is best, Mickey comes next
I'm back from our two week vacation in Orlando and one of the highlights was a meal at Mythos. I had the coffee encrusted pork, followed by the Taste of Chocolate(?). Both were simply wonderful, and it added up to one of the nicest meals I have ever had. I vaguely remember thesecondchef talking about the pork dish so I gave it a try, and I had a real treat. I can't recommend it highly enough.

I'd love to try and recreate the pork dish (with the java sauce and what was the vegetable dish?) at home, but I simply have no idea where to begin. Can anyone out there help? Secondchef? Or are the Mythos recipes trade secrets?

Regards

Rob

I can see what I can do when I go into work next. We get requests for the recipes all the time. I'm asuming your email address is your user name here on the forum, am I correct?

I'm glad you enjoyed your meal so much. The coffewe encrusted pork is certainly unlike anything you'll find anywhere. Were we able to accomodate your girlfirend's vegetarian requests? I'm sorry I wasn't able to get my vegetarian pasta up on the menu; it was shot down. Oh well.

Yes, my login is my email. If you could send me the recipe that would be brilliant!

Jane had the pasta dish minus the shrimp - the waitress (sorry, can't remember her name) was very helpful and offered several vegetarian suggestions based on other menu items. Jane also had the peach cobbler which she really enjoyed as it was not too sweet (she's not a great pudding fan).

BTW, many congratulations on your engagement. Sounds like a great way to propose.

Regards

Rob

Hey SecondCook, how about one for the gooey banana cake?

That was heaven on a fork.....

But hey, I'm not picky, it was such a wonderful place, I'll take any recipe from there.... email them if you want cmbitzer@hotmail.com

We ate at Mythos on 9/7. I want to know if the Cedar Plank Salmon is always on the menu because I only got two bites of it and I want more! My DH is usually very nice about splitting meals so we each can try some of the other's, but he got very possesive of this piece of salmon. It was a BIG piece, too. I had a risotto with shrimp which was good, but did not compare with the salmon. Any chance of that recipe? Do we need to build an open flame pit? LOL My DD absolutely loved her pasta with Alfredo sauce, a variation off the child's menu, and we split a gooey chocolate cake. Will have to get my own next time, it was a "dueling spoons" experience. We loved it all, but when I added up later I think we were overcharged about $10. Do the servers add the tip on for parties of 3?

We ate there on 9/7 also we had lunch the pizza and salads it was great. I'd like to know how to make that pizza. We loved it . We had a table by the out side window it was beautiful. We went there for our 29th Annv. but my Husband wouldn't let me tell anyone. I think that I should have 29 years is a LONG time.

Rob - Don't forget to ask us all round for dinner when you've perfected the pork dish - it sounds delicious!! :)

Astrid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter