Mystery song- Am I going crazy or...

ChrisFL

Disney/Universal Fan and MALE
Found the soundtrack of this PC chess game while watching a youtube video about the game and thought this was an instrumental of a 70's or 80's R&B song, but I can't seem to place it.

Officially it's an original song, but it sounds very similar to another song to me, one that had lyrics, etc. but just can't place it.

So does this sound familiar to anyone else or am I going crazy? :crazy:

the problem is that you have a lot of Chris Botti in the background and if you listen to his collections....they tend to all sound the same....so chances are you heard Chris Botti or contemporaries and think...I have heard of that song

It reminds me of a song in an old commercial, like for ice cream. Maybe the Dove ice cream bars or Dove chocolates, when they first came out. And there weren't lyrics, but a narrator voice talking about how luscious, creamy & silky the chocolates & ice cream bars are.

Last edited:

So does this sound familiar to anyone else or am I going crazy? :crazy:

You’re going crazy. :crazy: Just kiddin’

I don’t hear anything familiar, but I know that feeling when you do. I hear Moment In Love by Artful Noise every time Katy Perry’s Dark Horse is played. They’re definitely not the same, but I get that vibe with the background beat.

I think that "Lonely Night" at :17 sounds a bit like "Waiting for a Girl Like You" at :25 (the whole note descent part) Other than that, I've got nothing. That section sounds so familiar, but I am having trouble placing it.

It reminded me of the background music in one scene from Revenge of the Nerds. Not exactly a "safe for families" scene, but if you look for the "Atomizer" or "Darth Vader" scene, you should find it.

There are production music libraries for commercial use that feature facsimiles of popular songs and styles. The little descending line sounds a bit like "Riders On The Storm" by The Doors, though the style of the track doesn't sound anything like that band.

Sounds like music for when mommy and daddy want some alone time.
I was getting 90s R&B Boyz II Men vibes from that, personally.

Thanks for all of your replies, I'm pretty familiar with the songs posted. For the record, Shazam gave up, lol

I do like the Dove commercial idea, it's funny and possibly true :p

There are production music libraries for commercial use that feature facsimiles of popular songs and styles.

I just went through that while listening to some background music on a YouTube tutorial. They lifted a whole phrase of a song that I know. But, they had changed it so much to give it a "muzak" elevator music feel to it, that I had to listen to it 6 times before I figured out which song it is. :headache: :badpc:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter