Mystery at Sea

DisneyMom&Fan

DIS Veteran
Has anyone else seen this link on the DCL website? When did it show up? It says something about an announcement on March 21 for the Disney Magic... :bitelip:

OK, this is a lot of fun!! Played with the coffee, the coins, the compass, and the paper! Didn't figure anything out. Somebody has to know morse code .... March 21st .... Sounds like we may be able to find out port info before April 4 after all!!! :banana:

CACruisin' said:
OK, this is a lot of fun!! Played with the coffee, the coins, the compass, and the paper! Didn't figure anything out. Somebody has to know morse code .... March 21st .... Sounds like we may be able to find out port info before April 4 after all!!! :banana:
Good Luck!
Intcode.png

DECEMBER 6 - Saint Nicholas (4th Century). St. Nicholas, the 4th century saint who inspired our modern figure of Santa Claus, was born near Myra, a port on the Mediterranean Sea serving the busy sea lanes that linked the seaports of Egypt, Greece, and Rome. Ships ailing these waters, laden with grain and all kinds of goods, found safety in the port from raging storms and menacing pirates.

http://www.smcenter.org/events_saints_dec01.htm

Ok so maybe a little out there but this is a distant shore, right?

:cool1:
From a reliable source the morde code says Mediterranean. :thumbsup2
The longitude and latitude listed are for Castaway Cay! :cool1:

I was on the repo cruise from Ca to Fl. The buzz from some of the people I travled with is.... The magic is going trans atlantic to France for the 15 aniversery of Euro Disney in May 07, and probably return in Aug like the prev repo.

:woohoo:
We'll have to watch the clues

Ok, this is what I have come up with:

The compass - going N - NE = Bermuda

Coins - St Michael the archangel = France (there is a statue in Paris)

Coffee - Italy is known for its coffee

The morse code I do believe says Mediterranean - at least the first 3 letters are Med and that is as far I as I went becuase I can't scribe and hold the mouse down at the same time :rotfl:

I am curious about the Log/Lat that is listed under the compass. I tried it and it came up Krzgstan near China :rolleyes: anyone do any better with that?

You know that they are doing this just for us LOL!!

Debbie

Sorry for all the junk at the end of my posting. I think it was the count down clock for pannama. :rolleyes1

I'm gonna vote for Greece. All the clues look that way to me. Wow that's would be a great cruise.

At the Castaway Club social with Capt Thord last week, he said there would be announcements on 3/21. I'm sure it is the Med. itineraries!!

It would be great if the dates were announced a few days before going on sail. It will give us time to decide if we really want to do this. ( I really do, but I am seeing rates so much cheaper for other cruise lines like Costa.)
I am barely able to afford the oceanview room, but on another ship we could do Verandah for cheaper.
By the way, how is the kid's program on Costa? Is there even one? :confused3

Wouldn't it be cool if the Magic stopped at Bermuda on the Repos?

Dreamer04 said:
Wouldn't it be cool if the Magic stopped at Bermuda on the Repos?

It would definitely make sense, since it would be pretty much passing right by it. What would be even cooler is if I got to go on the repo cruise! :woohoo: Two weeks is a long time away from work though. :sad2:

I think all the buzz is about something we just heard about from a crew member on our cruise last week. He said DCL is in the process of moving the actual pirate ship used in Pirates of the Carribean to Castaway Cay where they would turn it into a museum. Only time will tell.....

Kelli
:groom: princess: pirate: pirate: pirate:

The small coordinates in the map 40,75N 73,99 W come up as New York in Mapquest .. ??? Castaway - New York ---??

hmmmmm

Stephan

So with these clues may the route be from Port Canaveral up to New York and the over to visit the famous Mont Saint Michel ( St Michaels medaillions look like the stuff you can buy over there as a soucvenir item for pilgrims )on France's westcoast and then further south to Spain.. Italy ????
What a trip ....superb ...

the first sandclock was shown in a painting from Lorenzetti in the city of Siena in Italy . This is the Toscana .. maybe we can guess the complete route :-)

Stephan

I am in the process of decoding this using some analysis software I have. The first two rounds through produced this:

#hsic awaits. tut oueete just edmvete the egiztdawa
mageec awaits. tut oueete just edmvete the egiztdawa

I am going to keep hacking at it and attempt to clean up the sound. The problem is the darn waves in the background mess up the decoding.

EDIT:

THIRD TRY

taginne t tttaits. the queen just loves the pizza.

Looks like we might be going to the UK, folks!

This is what my DH decoded the message as:

Magic awaits. The queen just loves pizza.

It'll be interesting to see what others come up with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter