MyMagic+ and FastPass+

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my point. People were asking why the FP proponents weren't commenting on this thread. My reason: "I haven't watched the podcast!". Therefore, I didn't feel I COULD comment, so I havent.

What did I say that made you feel I was commenting on the show? :confused3

Well, posting on this thread about a podcast is commenting on it isn't it?

I passed a co-worker in the hallway and mentioned that I was going to WDW next week. She took her kids two weeks ago and was not happy about her trip at all. She had not idea about FP+ or MDE and hadn't set up anything in advance, and there were a few things they didn't get to do. I didn't have much time to talk, so i don't know how she booked or how she missed the info on FP+.

I suppose that only furthers the question. Wondering why people aren't watching and responding to the podcast, since they don't seem to have any problems reading and responding any other time ... well sort of no problem.

And if we are always so concerned with the accuracy of peoples information and the difference between personal experience and overall or average experience ... this is pretty fantastic.

Not everyone has the time or desire to devote 45 minutes to watching or listening to a presentation on a subject that has already been beaten into the ground.

I think you would agree that the vast majority of this program does not provide any new information. The part that seems to have people most excited are the occasional passing references to comments from travel agent clients. If you want to discuss those specifically, I would be happy to do that. But, you have to sit through a lot of other commentary to find those. And, even then, it was hard for me to separate the personal opinions of the panelists from the references to things their clients say. When someone starts by saying that he or she thinks that FP+ sucks the fun out of visiting WDW, and then relays comments from clients, it raises the question of whether they are reporting on what many or most of their clients say, or just the ones that agree with them.

If you would like to narrow the discussion by citing a specific portion of the program (with a time tag) that you think is most revealing, let's do that.

I passed a co-worker in the hallway and mentioned that I was going to WDW next week. She took her kids two weeks ago and was not happy about her trip at all. She had not idea about FP+ or MDE and hadn't set up anything in advance, and there were a few things they didn't get to do. I didn't have much time to talk, so i don't know how she booked or how she missed the info on FP+.

My bet is she stayed offsite.

I find it interesting that the only ones commenting on this thread are those of us who have been critical of FP+, and vocal about it, since it's inception.

Where are the I love fp+ fanatics? :lmao:

My husband thinks all this planning is ridiculous and is ready to cancel and go on a cruise.

Well, posting on this thread about a podcast is commenting on it isn't it?

My initial comment was prompted by the first 2 posts above. I was giving my reasons, as a FP+ proponent, on why I haven't commented about THE PODCAST. I haven't watched it, so I have no thoughts about it.

Besides, when did you start talking to me again?

Another slogan: WDW : MDE, FP+, Customer Service... Everything less than great. It can be added to the Pay More Experience Less campaign.

Rumor is ticket prices will see an increase next month. Unless one is part of a Local/AP/DVC crowd it's getting harder for me to understand how someone can justify the cost versus returns of a one-off family trip. For someone who's never been, spending thousands of dollars to "pick three" may not sound very appealing. From a travel agent's perspective, talking points about dissatisfaction from conversations with clients could be anecdotal of a larger frustration.

Not everyone has the time or desire to devote 45 minutes to watching or listening to a presentation on a subject that has already been beaten into the ground.

I think you would agree that the vast majority of this program does not provide any new information. The part that seems to have people most excited are the occasional passing references to comments from travel agent clients. If you want to discuss those specifically, I would be happy to do that. But, you have to sit through a lot of other commentary to find those. And, even then, it was hard for me to separate the personal opinions of the panelists from the references to things their clients say. When someone starts by saying that he or she thinks that FP+ sucks the fun out of visiting WDW, and then relays comments from clients, it raises the question of whether they are reporting on what many or most of their clients say, or just the ones that agree with them.

If you would like to narrow the discussion by citing a specific portion of the program (with a time tag) that you think is most revealing, let's do that.

I get your point, but you are talking about the people who literally spent hours straight sitting on these boards jumping on people with an opposing view of their for things like word choice, and missing letters at the ends of words, and whether or not they accurately quoted someone else, all trying to discount the validity of their opinion about FP+ due to these factors.

Yet, we have a video discussing the issue from people who, as many people recognize, are in the "know" about many a topic regarding Disney world. Both from their experiences in the parks, their contacts in the parks/corporation, and their experience with a vast array of clients and wdw guests. And suddenly those people don't have an interest or the "time" to watch the video?

And the video does offer "new" information, in that information we have debated, back and forth from our own perspective, are commented on not only from the panel's personal experiences, but the things they hear from their clients. Arguably these folks' experiences (on particular issues ie: SB wait times) and the things they have heard from clients (a much larger pool of experiences than any of us have access to) should be more valuable than anyone's personal experiences here on the boards, and should be valued for their ability to comment on the overall or aggregate effects of FP+.

Rumor is ticket prices will see an increase next month. Unless one is part of a Local/AP/DVC crowd it's getting harder for me to understand how someone can justify the cost versus returns of a one-off family trip. For someone who's never been, spending thousands of dollars to "pick three" may not sound very appealing. From a travel agent's perspective, talking points about dissatisfaction from conversations with clients could be anecdotal of a larger frustration.
I'm amazed that Disney is raising ticket prices again. I wonder when people are going to say it's enough? Especially with the attraction rationing FP+ has created.

Alright, I watched. I think discussing this would go similarly to the way a discussion goes when a poster starts an anecdotal "Why I love/hate FP" thread and then never stays to answer questions or clarify anything. It seems like it'd be a waste of time. We don't have access to these people to understand the whole story. I know I have questions:

Why did Kathy say you had to have a magic band in order to use Memory Maker?
Why did someone say there are now "hours long" waits for PotC?
Why did Corey seem to suggest that Magic Kingdom had FP tiering?
When John was talking about how there's people on all sides of this, was he talking about Disboarders or his clients?
Kevin said that sound effects for special magic bands are only available for a limited time... someone in the comments section says otherwise.
When Kevin said he wouldn't mind paying for a fast pass service, wouldn't this go against his belief that WDW is for everyone?
Why did Kevin or John (I forget which) suggest that MM+ required planning 6 months out?
I wonder how differently this conversation would have gone if Dustin spoke up more and if Pete had been included?

Watching the podcast, it became apparent to me why I missed Shaun so much. He did provide a much needed balance. I don't think he would've let certain inaccurate comments go unquestioned.

I also found it a bit humorous that Corey ended up getting all the FP attractions he wanted. It seemed like he wasn't expecting that...

I'm amazed that Disney is raising ticket prices again. I wonder when people are going to say it's enough? Especially with the attraction rationing FP+ has created.

But hey..... at least they'll be able to say that guest spending is up because of magic bands.

I get your point, but you are talking about the people who literally spent hours straight sitting on these boards jumping on people with an opposing view of their for things like word choice, and missing letters at the ends of words, and whether or not they accurately quoted someone else, all trying to discount the validity of their opinion about FP+ due to these factors.

Yet, we have a video discussing the issue from people who, as many people recognize, are in the "know" about many a topic regarding Disney world. Both from their experiences in the parks, their contacts in the parks/corporation, and their experience with a vast array of clients and wdw guests. And suddenly those people don't have an interest or the "time" to watch the video?

And the video does offer "new" information, in that information we have debated, back and forth from our own perspective, are commented on not only from the panel's personal experiences, but the things they hear from their clients. Arguably these folks' experiences (on particular issues ie: SB wait times) and the things they have heard from clients (a much larger pool of experiences than any of us have access to) should be more valuable than anyone's personal experiences here on the boards, and should be valued for their ability to comment on the overall or aggregate effects of FP+.

Spent 10 minutes perusing this thread.

Yes, I spent lots of time chatting on threads. Over Christmas break. (And lest you complain I posted well into the beginning of January, why, yes they did--my break isn't only in December.)

Break over. Back to real world.

I don't listen to podcasts or watch panel discussions.

I do recall a discussion previously in threads here that these podcasts were not permitting any dissent to FP+. So a show is dedicated to that. Okay. Hooray!

Based on what was discussed here--I never claimed that all locals loved and adored FP+. So how y'all got such an impression to be shocked that locals on a podcast dedicated to dissenting views don't like FP+ , I just don't know.

Additionally--it is being mentioned that their clients, I guess, seem to not like this. Okay. Yay?

If it makes you feel better that a 45 minute podcast validates your thoughts that the masses share your opinion, so be it.

Either way--I moved on to other things and done arguing the topic. I did read for curiosity and since some shout outs were done wondering where we all are--I chimed in. Here I am! :yay:

But I don't care to listen to a podcast, though. Doesn't mean I am eschewing opposing views. Just means that I don't want to listen to a podcast. I am a visual person. C'est la vie. (And it seems this is a video panel--not visual enough. Still just people talking.)

Why did Kathy say you had to have a magic band in order to use Memory Maker?
Why did someone say there are now "hours long" waits for PotC?
Why did Corey seem to suggest that Magic Kingdom had FP tiering?
When John was talking about how there's people on all sides of this, was he talking about Disboarders or his clients?
Kevin said that sound effects for special magic bands are only available for a limited time... someone in the comments section says otherwise.
When Kevin said he wouldn't mind paying for a fast pass service, wouldn't this go against his belief that WDW is for everyone?
Why did Kevin or John (I forget which) suggest that MM+ required planning 6 months out?

Your observations point to one of the most difficult challenges a company can ever face. It's when their customers don't like or even "hate" their product but can't articulate why or offer reasons that aren't even true. It's an emotions based customer psychology that once formed is almost impossible to correct.

I cannot believe they are dropping the no-expire option entirely.

I did have a legit Universal ticket question--do their ( non-annual) passes expire?

Holy crap, very interesting stuff here.

Especially some of the comments about clients, meaning, you know, average people ... not Disney experts, not Disboards people.
Very contrary to what we hear here about the average every day person loving FP+.

WRT the bolded - I agree. How the podcast described their clients' reactions is very much how every person I've helped plan a trip since FP+ was introduced has reacted. Everyone's first comment is something along the lines of "seriously, I have to reserve rides now too?"

I have yet to personally come across an "average Disney goer" who loves FP+. Magic Bands, yes. FP+ no.

I sincerely doubt the Dreams Unlimited travel agent/ podcasters are telling clients that FP+ is crap. I doubt any travel agent would say that, regardless of what they may think.
On the podcast, they were giving their personal opinions about FP+ and providing their customer feedback, both positive and negative.

I agree. They are allowed to have their own personal opinions. That doesn't mean the podcasters are biasing their clients one way or another. I've only been watching the podcast for just a few months, so it's not like I'm a long time devoted fan or something, but I think that all of the podcast team have more integrity than that.

But, I am not surprised that the opponents of FP+ lapped it up.

No lapping it up here. :confused3 It saddens me when people aren't happy with their Disney experience, regardless of the reason (or whether I've had the same experience they've had or not).

WRT the bolded - I agree. How the podcast described their clients' reactions is very much how every person I've helped plan a trip since FP+ was introduced has reacted. Everyone's first comment is something along the lines of "seriously, I have to reserve rides now too?"

I have yet to personally come across an "average Disney goer" who loves FP+. Magic Bands, yes. FP+ no.

I'm wondering if other Disney travel agents are getting the same or similar responses from their customers when FP plus is introduced. When I told my friend who was planning a visit, she was pretty incredulous.

I am still having trouble pinning down exactly what it was in this program that has led some people to the conclusion that the panelists were saying that a majority, or even a high percentage, of their clients are saying that they dislike FP+.

When I listened to the whole program the thing that stuck out for me on the issue of client feedback were the comments from John (who I think they introduced as the president of Dreams Unlimited Travel). I'm not going to try to transcribe the exact quote, but the gist of it was that Dreams Unlimited gets feedback from its clients on what they do at Disney. He said that the opinions are very mixed, that there are some people who love it and plan their whole trips, but they get a whole spectrum of opinions.

If you want to hear the comments in context it came around the 15:40 mark of the program. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't hear John, or anyone else, saying that more of their clients dislike FP+ than like it, or that more of their clients are now reporting being less satisfied with their Disney trips than they were before MM+ and FP+ were introduced.

I also recall some general comments about clients having initial reactions of surprise about the concept of making FP+ reservations in advance. But I didn't hear anything relating those initial reactions to how these people felt after the agents coached them on how to use the system and how they felt after they had completed their trips.

I don't think even most people in this thread are saying it is all of their clients, or most of their clients feeling this way. I took the prevailing response to be more just interest that the travel agents are also seeing a mixed bag of responses, just like there is here. I can't count the number of times I've personally been told here that we here on the dis are a small minority of Disney's clientele and that we aren't representative of the average guest.

Some travel agency clients love it. Some don't care. Some dislike it.
Some DISers love it. Some don't care. Some dislike it.

Sounds to me like the DIS may not be all that different from the average guest on this issue. That's what I got out of this, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter