My week of savings

lindaso

DIS Veteran
I thought you guys could appreciate this story. We were booked at WL for Nov. but I couldn't get any kind of discount. I received "the postcard" for $84 moderates. Called CRO and got the price for CBR...wound up being a $700 difference! For that amount of money, we'll see WL some other time!! Then 2 days later I find out that Delta is not flying direct from Islip to Orlando anymore (connections are not an option for us). Start searching fares for JFK and wind up saving $330 with a full refund for our re-routed Islip flight. My BIL already agreed to drive us to the airport (it's over an hour away) so we don't have to pay a car service.

So, in 2 days I saved over a thousand dollars for our Nov trip!! Very psyched!! Not to mention the $30 credit from the cable company b/c the service guy was late as well as a $25 discount for DD's b-day party cause the guy knew my aunt...I'm on a ROLL!!

Linda

I love hearing how everyone saves money or finds deals. It makes all the time that I spend on the DIS worth it!!!!!! It is so exciting to know that all the $$$ you save on room/airfare will be spending money!!! This helps keep disney vacations from breaking the bank! Congrats!!!!! And keep up the good work!

Don't you just love saving money!!! It really pays to keep checking
on the rates huh!!
Good for you and gee, could you send some of that good money
luck this way...hehe

Have a great trip!!
Holycow

Congrats on the savings! I felt that way too when i found a code to save on
moderates, we were first going to stay at the best western lbv, but the code
we found gave us CBR for almost the same price, so we switched, and i am
glad we did, there's nothing like staying in a WDW resort!

hulabird:p

I'm not going to WDW, but to Universal/IOA this time. But I have still managed to save quite a bit of money for this trip.

As it gets down to trip time...I've been reflecting on how much time and hard work I've put in to saving money on this trip. And I've realized that if I were to have called a travel agent and said that I wanted 5 people to fly down to Florida for a week, rent a car, stay at the Hard Rock Hotel for 2 nights, and go to Universal Orlando for 3 days (rest of the time with my relatives)....that I think I've saved between $800 and $900 by doing it myself.

Here's my breakdown:
Airfare....$99.00/RT (111.00 with all the added stuff)MY SISTER PAID $230/RT IN JULY...good price too)

Car Rental....$167.00 for 8 days for a full size car (that's with all the stuff added..plus Emerald Club and Emerald Isle) MY SISTER PAID $220 FOR A STANDARD CAR

Hard Rock Hotel....117.00 Garden View with Entertainment Card wheras normal price is 189/night. (ok, here is where I could save more money...but I am sooooo looking forward to FOTL!!...this is one perk I'm willing to pay for!)

Ticket prices....$85/adult and $75/child for 3 day passes through AAA....normal Gate prices are 106/adult and 92/child.

I think that I've done pretty well. And I owe many many thanx to the many posters on this board. 2 years ago I found the DIS board for my first WDW trip...and did very well there too...so when I decided to MAYBE go to Universal Orlando...I remembered there was a section for Universal.....and I was not dissapointed. First thing I learned was about the Entertainment card Discount for the HRH. I am SO very grateful for this board.

As a matter of fact...it looks as if I do need a cheap(ish) hotel for our night before we fly home...and I think that I should patronize the Clarion....as a thank you to this board...hmmm...good idea.

I love to hear about the other deals people have gotten, it insipires me. Keep posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter