My troubles with taking carryon luggage into WDW parks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also don't understand going into the parks with the amount of stuff people carry with them. I have two kids and we've never gone into a park with more than one diaper sized bag because no one wants to carry all that crap. I just say to myself "I'm not leaving civilization. Most anything I need can be bought." We would take diapers, wipes, sippy cup, binky, change of clothes and maybe some snacks. If it didn't fit into the ONE bag it got left. We would make due without it.

It really has to do with a "getting the must bang for the buck" approach, whether it is bringing in snacks, water, food, etc. to save costs or keeping small ones moving and satisfied to fit in as many rides in as little time. They are packed to keep moving "at all costs." When WDW opened, people (in general) didn't use strollers for toddlers and up, but then guests used a more leisurely pace and were content using up one E-ticket book, and prices were far more competitive.

I'm not justifying it, and we didn't participate in it, and I'm not going to say I agree with it, but I do understand it. I'm not sure if it's rooted in preparedness, self-nish or overzealous parenting, I'm just glad we are the ones sitting back, eating a churro, and thinking, "glad we aren't the ones carrying all that crap, we're on vacation."

Last edited:
English is my second language, and I have a hard time remembering all the verb agreements and other rules. I have lived in America for 20 years and I still forget sometimes how the political correctness in this culture controls the language, and one must be super careful what one say, just like in the communist country where I'm from. When I say the CMs make minimum wage and don't know nothing, that's general truth based on my experience. I obviously don't mean all CMs, being that I don't normally interact with them.
I am deeply offended by your response.
oh the irony

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter