My thoughts on Kite Tails at AK

Lilylogan

Mouseketeer
I know the reviews for this have not been the greatest but just wanted to say my young kids and their grandma LOVED it. We were at AK on 12/11 and DH and I were going to Everest. My mom bought my 3 and 6 year old mickey bars and was looking for a place to sit - they watched Kite Tails twice and loved it.

- no line to get in, just walk in whenever, plenty of seating, easy to social distance
- great for kids who aren't tall enough for other rides
- great to bring snacks/drinks in for a rest/break from masks
- performers were amazing/very energetic - the ones who walk around with the puppets before the show - my kids thought it was the best thing in the world

Thanks - I keep forgetting this exists, sounds like we definitely need to watch it when there next month!

We adore kite tails for all the reasons you mention. It's one of the few things left in WDW you can just randomly walk up to, sit down and enjoy a delightful show. Heck, you don't even have to be in the stands, though that's the best spot for viewing. If you're just walking around that part of the park you can still enjoy the kites from many places.

I've said this before, but Disney did a disservice to this show by over selling it. They made it out to be something along the lines of one of the nighttime shows. It's not that, but it's still a ton of fun - and no real planning or stress required.

Does this show have an end date? We are hoping to catch it at the end of March. Thanks!

We enjoyed this very much. They have 2 different presentations and we watched them both. Also, we found that the section sitting closer to Dinoland had several puppeteers that walked thru the stands, where as the section closest to EE didn't have this added entertainment near them. I don't know if this changes on different days, but that's how it was the day we watched.

This is far from a good show, but it is fun to watch. However; it is in the middle of the day, sitting on the concrete seats in the sun. It gets hot in a hurry. The characters that come out before and during the show are only on the far side seats, not the ones closest to EE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter