My son got his CP assignment today and this is where he'll be...!!!!!

Congrats to your son!! You sound extremely proud. :)

We love the GMR and will say "Hi" :wave2: to him if we see him in March. :)

Thanks everyone! And Liz, thank you for all that good info:thumbsup2 , very helpful. I'm sure he'll be filling us in as time goes on, I'll let everyone know how he's doing!

Congrats to him! I just finished my CP and I was on the Safari - another awesome spiel role! My parents LOVED seeing me drive.
Having a spiel role is TOUGH - don't be surprised if 3 days into his training he wants to give up. The script is long and they don't give you much time with it. He'll get it eventually. I thought I'd DIE learning how to drive a HUGE truck, plus a 50 page script, plus the names and how to identify 30+ animal species (most of which I'd never heard of), plus how to load, unload, etc etc all in the span of 5 days I cried more than once after I got home after a tough training day (and I even cried DURING training!). But it all came together on day 5 and I passed the test with flying colors and LOVED every minute of my job after that!

Wouldn't I be able to ask for him when I enter that room and just ask the person seating you? Interesting point, I'll have to wait and see.

Yes. You may have to wait a few cycles for him. If he's not spieling, you'll have to wait longer (most of the time you are rotated every 45 minutes to an hour). Safaris works a bit different than other attractions, but what I did if I had family coming, is to let my managers know "My parents will be here around 11 this morning" and they'd do their best to put me on a truck around then. Then my parents would tell the loader "we're waiting for Kelly's truck" and they'd stand off to the side until I drove up.
Again, Safaris are a bit different (on all other attractions, a computer randomly assigns a position, on safaris, a manager does it), but you'll get to request him, no problem.

My cousin's son did this program and LOVED it. Met some great people that he is still friends with. Only had great things to say about the whole experience. He worked on Soarin and then Nemo.
Congratulations to your son!!!! Hope he has a great time

Thanks everyone! And Liz, thank you for all that good info:thumbsup2 , very helpful. I'm sure he'll be filling us in as time goes on, I'll let everyone know how he's doing!

When are you going down?? Looks like we'll be there about the same time. We get to BWV on Monday, the 20th.

That's awsome! What a great attraction to work. Hopefully I'll see him when I go down in March.

Sounds exciting! I know how proud you are because my daughter also started the CP on Sunday!

Her assignment is Kim Possible adventure in Epcot. No, she won't be Kim herself, but I imagine she will be helping guests with their "adventure" at different countries throughout the land. She is pumped for it--it's a new attraction that sounds very cool with interactive technology. She just started training today and I can't wait to hear all about it!

So...as long as we're looking for DISers kids to say hi to, say hello to "Brooke" from Concordia College if you see her somewhere working in EPCOT with the Kim Possible crew!

Any other proud CP parents out there?!

When are you going down?? Looks like we'll be there about the same time. We get to BWV on Monday, the 20th.

I'm taking my middle son with me, for a week on April 15th. I can't wait!!

Hey mom, ya proud??? :cool1: :thumbsup2

Very nice, Jill, congratulations to Pat, and you too. I hope to see pat if I make it there in the April/May timeframe. Neat!!!!!! :woohoo:

Congrats! Post more info if you get it; I really hope you're able to catch him "in action" soon!

A friend of mine's son got assigned to the Great Movie Ride about two summers ago in the CP program and loved it. Your son will have an awesome time. Congratulations to him!

That's great! Make sure to tell him not to eat anything blue just before he goes "on". We were there the other night and our host had obviously just eaten something really blue. Her lips and tongue were so funny looking several of us couldn't even pay attention to the ride....we had a great time though! Think he'll be working Saturday, we're headed back again!

I'm hoping to do the cm thing too...I really want to do it, it sounds like an amazing experience...I plan to do it--I can apply in exactly 11 months and 1 day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter