My son got his CP assignment today and this is where he'll be...!!!!!

Jillpie

Can you package some Main St. music and send it to
(mods, please keep this here? thanks!)

For those that aren't familiar with the CP program, it is Disney's college program, and you basically go there for a semester and work for them and live at their dorms. He moved in this past Sunday and is LOVING it:) . He got his official CM badge yesterday!!:banana: :banana:

Anyway, on to the good news! His job.....

sorry, love the dramatics!:goodvibes

THE GREAT MOVIE RIDE!!!!!!!!!!

He just loves public speaking and is a real people person. So he is very, very excited to get this role. I cannot wait to see him in April, and told him I'll be videoing him, but have to watch him first, then take a 2nd ride just to video!:) Anyway, I posted his pic (his name is Pat) on another post the other day, but if anyone wants to see him, I'll post a pic here again. Please say hi to Pat (oh, theres 2 of them on this ride, the 2nd Pat happens to go to the same college he goes to!) from his Mom and Dad, ok?
Its official, my son is a CM!!!!!!!:yay: :yay:

:thumbsup2 How AWESOME, we loooooveeeeee The Great Movie Ride....tell him to have fun!!!

Very Cool! My dd (who's only 14 now)...already has her plans to apply to the CP....

We'll be going in March & we love the GMR so we'll say hi:thumbsup2

Congratulations to Pat! That must be so exciting for him. I hope he has a great time.

He will get to drive by the model of one of my idols, Gene Kelly, multiple times every day... :cloud9:

My roommate were going to do this when we were in college.

However, once we learned we would not be working all day and partying all night we didnt do it!

I guess the classes and not getting paid much once they took room and board out took the fun of the idea away!

I dated a girl who did it in college. She actually didnt have good things to say about Disney. Basically, she got sick one day while working and the manager just made her get in the back so no one would see! Finally a life uard getting off duty saw her and took her to the hospital to get check out!

:thumbsup2 Congratulations!!!! Post his picture so we'll know what he looks like. If he sees a LGMH will he know what it means? :rotfl:

Congratulations!!! Seeing as GMR is one of my favorites, I am sure I will see him!! We are there in April as well!! :) Tell him to get the flashlight ready to show the Hidden Mickey/Minnie in the big mural!!!;)

:thumbsup2 Congratulations!!!! Post his picture so we'll know what he looks like. If he sees a LGMH will he know what it means? :rotfl:

ok, here you go! Pat's on the right...

IMG_0528-1-2.jpg

Congratulations!!! Seeing as GMR is one of my favorites, I am sure I will see him!! We are there in April as well!! :) Tell him to get the flashlight ready to show the Hidden Mickey/Minnie in the big mural!!!;)

Yes, he loves hidden Mickey's I'm sure he'll point that one out Lisa!:lmao:

And LGMH's! Yes, he knows what a Dis nut I am, I will definitely remind him of those tho!!!:rotfl:

My daughter did the CP last year in Attractions - she was at Mission Space and It's Tough to be a Bug and LOVES working attractions.

She ended up transferring to UCF and is now working at Disney part time at Soarin.

I am sure GMR will be a great ride - lots of rotations so they don't get bored.

It will be a trick for you to catch him working though I bet.

One night I was in Epcot stalking my daughter at MS for about three hours and I NEVER did see her - it was just the way she would move from green to orange and then outside or whatever and I was never in any of the right spots at the right time. I really wanted to see her at work and get a picture. I finally saw her leaving that night to go work the "ropes."

I was able to catch her another time though.

Liz

My daughter did the CP last year in Attractions - she was at Mission Space and It's Tough to be a Bug and LOVES working attractions.

She ended up transferring to UCF and is now working at Disney part time at Soarin.

I am sure GMR will be a great ride - lots of rotations so they don't get bored.

It will be a trick for you to catch him working though I bet.

One night I was in Epcot stalking my daughter at MS for about three hours and I NEVER did see her - it was just the way she would move from green to orange and then outside or whatever and I was never in any of the right spots at the right time. I really wanted to see her at work and get a picture. I finally saw her leaving that night to go work the "ropes."

I was able to catch her another time though.

Liz

Wouldn't I be able to ask for him when I enter that room and just ask the person seating you? Interesting point, I'll have to wait and see.

Congratulations to him!

I really want my kids to do this just so I have an excuse to visit :rotfl:

We love TGMR so I'm making a note - "See Pat, say hi from Mom!"

If He's our CM, I'll be sure to report back in a couple weeks.

How wonderful. My freshman dd is talking about doing the CP when she gets to college in four years!!!
She and I are headed down in mid-April, so will keep our eyes open for Pat!!! Love the GMR..a favorite of mine. Tell his this, from me....every person who gets on the GMR should be treated as if this is their first time riding. The CM needs to have as much energy at 8:30pm as they had at 9:05am!!! I have seen too many CMs going through the motions on the GMR...I know it's tiring and can get boring, but every single person is entitled to the best 'show' they can get. Okay...pet peeve rant over. I'm sure Pat will be terrific!

Congrats to your son!! How exciting -- and what a wonderful family photo. :)

Wouldn't I be able to ask for him when I enter that room and just ask the person seating you? Interesting point, I'll have to wait and see.

If he is definitely doing the driving then yes -- I am not sure if they rotate through all the positions there like they do the other attractions -- like for example at MS my daughter could be all the way outside measuring or handing out tickets, at the front directing people to the lines, and the end of the main line directing, loading people into capsules, in the capsule area (which is where she would be when I could not find her - if I was not directed to the area she was then I would not see her), or at the exit.

For GMR I am assuming you would want to see him doing the spiel. So he would have to be assigned to that role when you came in. The rotation times vary at the different attractions. And its all computer generated.

I know my daughter had a friend who did the spiel at Backstage and when we went in he was not doing but was loading instead.

I will be anxious to hear how his training goes and the rotations they have. I know the costume for the spiel is of course different than the gangster/bank robber so they probably don't do both of those jobs in one day. It will be interesting to hear about!

Where is he living?

Liz

Liz

Congratulations!!!party:

I've already got plans for my girls to do the CP and they are only 10 and 5. Luckily for me, they really want to do it.

I hope your son and you really enjoy the experience. I'm sure it will be wonderful!!!:wizard:

How wonderful. My freshman dd is talking about doing the CP when she gets to college in four years!!!
She and I are headed down in mid-April, so will keep our eyes open for Pat!!! Love the GMR..a favorite of mine. Tell his this, from me....every person who gets on the GMR should be treated as if this is their first time riding. The CM needs to have as much energy at 8:30pm as they had at 9:05am!!! I have seen too many CMs going through the motions on the GMR...I know it's tiring and can get boring, but every single person is entitled to the best 'show' they can get. Okay...pet peeve rant over. I'm sure Pat will be terrific!

LOL I was on the ride a couple of weeks ago and the gal who was going to do the spiel was walking alongside and she looked tired -- she was "under" us and not really facing guests - I just noticed her and I though "oh gosh she is not going to be very good." Well the music/lights started and boy she was "on" She had a smile from here to there and had so much energy in her voice and did a great job!

Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter