My sister...

TheDisneyGirl02

<font color=navy>I found my Disney Prince!<br><fon
My twin sister is suffering from some anxiety and depression issues right now and I'm hoping that people will send prayers and good thoughts her way. She is usually a very happy person and loves to laugh, but the last couple of weeks she's been very quiet. She's been to the doctor and he has changed her meds, but it hasn't taken effect yet. I was on the phone with her before and I said something about smiling and she told me she just didn't want to smile and she didn't know why. I've been really upset about this because I miss my sister. I just want her to be happy and I don't know what to do to help her.

If anybody could send some good thoughts and prayers her way, I'd really appreciate it.

Absolutely..I tend to have my bouts as well..Here is hoping they get her dosage and medication right. It is not a good place to be, but having a loving caring sister will definitely help her.:grouphug:

Thank you for your kind words. I was just sitting here at my desk talking to my DBF and a picture from our vacation to WDW came up on my screensaver and I saw my sister and how happy she was there and I just started to cry. She came into visit me here at work and I just hugged her because I didn't know what else to do.

I hope that her meds kick in and she is soon feeling like herself again.. you are a good sister to worry about her. Just keep the lines of communication open with her and she will get through this rough time..

Hugs to you!!!

My twin sister is suffering from some anxiety and depression issues right now and I'm hoping that people will send prayers and good thoughts her way. She is usually a very happy person and loves to laugh, but the last couple of weeks she's been very quiet. She's been to the doctor and he has changed her meds, but it hasn't taken effect yet. I was on the phone with her before and I said something about smiling and she told me she just didn't want to smile and she didn't know why. I've been really upset about this because I miss my sister. I just want her to be happy and I don't know what to do to help her.

If anybody could send some good thoughts and prayers her way, I'd really appreciate it.

sounds like she's been under a psychiatrist's care which is great so keep a careful eye on her and try to not be hurt if she lashes out at you. sometimes people with clinical depression can appear very angry and misdirect that anger at others. daughter has it and i have found it beneficially to educate myself on it since it is very difficult to understand how someone else feels. you just kind of have to wait it out and not think of her as being reasonable like she normally is. her judgment is probably impaired so if possible try to keep her from making major decisions ( ie relationships, jobs, expensive purchases) till she is more like herself. even driving can be a problem since concentration is a problem.

not trying to scare you but be very careful if she starts to talk about death/dying or maybe not being around much longer, starts giving away things she really likes etc. if she does call her dr. right away and don't leave her alone even if it means she gets mad at you. it's better to be overcautious with depression.

it is very very very hard for loved ones to see their loved one like this...just try to remember with good care she will eventually improve. but if it is clinical, it usually returns so don't give up on her, as hard as it is for you, it's worse for her than it is for you.

often someone who is depressed thinks their thinking is so terrible, they don't want to tell anyone. if you can encourage her to go to a therapist that might help . hugging is good if she lets you, be as close and available as she will let you but try not to be hurt if she keeps you at arms distance.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I'm happy to say that my sister is getting a lot better. She basically made a turn for the better last Sunday and she's improved a little day by day. We actually had a little fight (which means she's really back to normal :lmao: !)

It was very tough for me, and I'm glad that she's pulling through this.

Thanks again, everyone. :grouphug:

Glad to hear about things getting back to normal :hug: Fighting is always normal, at least for my sister and I. ;)

Prayers your sister continues to progress in a positive direction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter