My reviews Nov19-27

rdsx28

Proud Member of Red Sox Nation!
Hi,
We just returned from WDW on MOnday and I wanted to share some quick reviews with you all.

BOMA- We had breakfast here twice. I had read such great reviews I decided to give it a try. One word YUMMY. A great selection of eggs, omelets ,pancakes sausage,bacon. Fruit was plentiful as were some delicious pasteries. We had attempted to try it for dinner but were unable to get a reservation.Next time I hope. The service was excellent and the food was hot and they refilled everything quickly. I would give it 5 stars.

Biergarten- This restaurant is located in Germany at Epcot for those that are not familiar with it.This was my husbands choice for our first night and he was pretty excited about it as we had not read too many reviews on it. In a word it was HORRIBLE! The food was dried out,cold and offered a very poor selection.The staff did not appear to know what alot of the food was when questioned about it. The children's offerings were horrible. The service was also very slow. The desserts looked like ones bought in a store.The only plus to the whole thing was the band was wonderful and we met some lovely people from the midwest who were sharing our table. I thought maybe it was just a bad night for them but I overheard another family at the airport saying how horrrible their meal was there as well.I would give it 1 star due to the reason's I mentioned above.

SCI FI- We had a wonderful time here. We had never eaten here before and the atmosphere is great and so much fun. I had the baby back ribs and they were delicious.My husband and his parents had the steak and my husband liked his but my inlaws did not care for the red wine sauce and thought it was a bit dry.They were also very flexible on the children's meal as they offer the healthy meals. They allowed us to get my daughter exactly what she wanted which was great.The deserts were delicious.I had the sundae, my daughter the ice cream and the rest had the apple pecan crisp which they stated was great.Our waiter Adam was excellent and very attentive and explained the dining plan options fully. I would give it 4 stars.

Concourse Steak house- I had read alot about this being as good as Le Cellier. There were no openings for Le Cellier so we decided to give it a try. The service was horrible and the waitress appeared to have an attitude when she found out we were on the dining plan.She made us order evrything at once including our deserts. I thought this was pretty tacky.My daughter only wanted a baked potatoe and she was not very accomodating with that until my mother in law aske if we could use a snack credit and she then stated"Whatever". I was not very impressed and probably will not return there again. I would give it 3 stars.

1900 Park Fare- This was a pleasure! Seated at the exact reservation time and greeted by a wonderful staff. Great character interaction.Cinderella and Prince charming spent alot of time and were very patient with the picture taking as well.Wonderful selection of food and deserts.Great service and a lovely atmosphere as well.If you are visiting soon check out the life size Ginger bread house in the lobby it's a sight to see. I would give it 5 stars.

Whispering Canyon- We had our Thanksgiving lunch here as every other place was full. We had dined here before and were not totally impressed but decided to give it another try as my in laws belong to the DVC here and wanted to see the lodge decorated for Christmas. We were promptly seated for our reservation and were explained that it was all you can eat. We recieved our drinks and were then given a skillet with Turkey,chicken,ham,sweet potatoes,green bean casserole,mashed potatoes,stuffing,and gravy. We had recieved salad prior to this. The presentation was really lousy looking if you can imagine all these things in one skillet.I know that ,that is how they serve but a Thanksgiving meal YUCK. When we asked for refills instead of replacing the entire skillet they just brought out what you wanted and the wait was quite long. I could see if they were busy but it was not in fact a few people walked out when they saw how it was served. Gravy was cold and the last refill we asked for took so long that by the time it arrived we didn't want it anymore and when the waiter brought it he just dumped it into the skillet.Total turn off and the buffet was 27.00/pp. The desert was Pumpkin pie. That was it! No other option. I don't know too many 6 year olds that like Pumpkin pie. It was very disappointing to say the least and we decided we don't think we would be back again. I would give it 1 star.

Hollywood and Vine- We ate here for the Fantasmic Package.The food is ok and the service was very good.I must say everyone that works here is very pleasant. The only thing to be aware of is we bought one of those specialty cups that are not covered on the DDP and we got charged an 18% service fee. I thought this was awful as he recieved a tip from our large meal. 3 stars

PepperMarket- We ate alot of our counter service meals here. Honestly you can't beat it. The items that count for counter service are full meals and pretty good.The desert selection is limited and just ok as most items are breakfast items danish,scones etc .Just be careful with the breakfast selection as 2 eggs anyway are 8.95 and come with nothing and you can get an entire skillet meal eggs, muffin or bisquit,home fries, and bacon or sausage for the same price.Just watch your slips at check out as they seem to make alot of mistakes when ringing you out.We were staying at CSR and we found the Pepper Market to be good. 4 stars

Hope these reviews help you out and have a wonderful vacation! :wizard:

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for the reviews. Have to agree with you about Biergarten. Love the show, but dislike the food. And the Pepper Market is great; I think the best CS on property. Hated to hear about the service you received at Concourse, as we'll be dining there for the first time next month. Hopefully we won't get the server you had! Aside from the service, though, how was the food?

Thank you for the reviews.This will be our first trip, so it's great to know where not to eat. As for Hollywood and vine, don't blame the server, the computer probably aoutomatically tacks on the 18%.

Thanks for the reviews.

I do have to say that I have a 4.5 year old and a 7 year old who together devoured a whole pumpkin pie by themselves in two days!

Mine would have been very happy at WCC!

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the Pepper Market. We went in 2003 and due to a teething baby ate there most nights. Over-priced and tasted like the food you buy in shopping centres. It worked out at about the same price as our buffet at Crystal Palace. We are going back to CSR next year as we loved the resort so will give it another go. :sunny:

Sorry you did not enjoy Biergarten..that is one of our favs but we have not dined there in a few years....hope it gets better!

Thanks for the reviews. I read it again today after I read it after you first posted. I think that the way you were treated at the Concourse Steakhouse was just totally unacceptable. I think that WDW really has to get it act together if they really want people to use and **enjoy*** the DDP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter