My review of the Villas at Grand Floridian

Thinking of trying to get availability for a studio for a "no kids" 4 night getaway Dec 2014! Sounds beautiful! Hopefully there will be a studio available! My mouth is watering for a Dole Whip! We LOVE to walk so we will be sure to walk to the Poly! Question, if a relative will be visiting us, will they be able to tell the guard attendant our name and villa number? Can they park for free?? Thanks in advance.

I have a reservation booked in April and we just got back from the Boardwalk during F&W. The kids loved the Boardwalk and when I stopped at Narcoosees for dinner they were not excited about going to VGF in April. I was considering changing the ressie for something with less points, but you're making me think I shouldn't.

I have extra points since I bought add on points at BCV recently and got 2012 points so I used them because I can't imagine getting a chance to stay there in the future with only the 7 month booking window.

Do you agree? Is it something I should definitely take advantage of at least once?

It seems beautiful, I just hope the kids will have as much fun as I will. I didn't get to walk over to the pool but it seems nice and I saw the Alice in Wonderland area from the monorail. My kids are 3-6. Any thoughts on whether they will love it?

We were very spoiled at the BW. There is just so much to do there and right outside our door. Just a simple walk back from dinner and we were entertained by jugglers and clowns and shopping, etc.

I have a reservation booked in April and we just got back from the Boardwalk during F&W. The kids loved the Boardwalk and when I stopped at Narcoosees for dinner they were not excited about going to VGF in April. I was considering changing the ressie for something with less points, but you're making me think I shouldn't.

I have extra points since I bought add on points at BCV recently and got 2012 points so I used them because I can't imagine getting a chance to stay there in the future with only the 7 month booking window.

Do you agree? Is it something I should definitely take advantage of at least once?

It seems beautiful, I just hope the kids will have as much fun as I will. I didn't get to walk over to the pool but it seems nice and I saw the Alice in Wonderland area from the monorail. My kids are 3-6. Any thoughts on whether they will love it?

We were very spoiled at the BW. There is just so much to do there and right outside our door. Just a simple walk back from dinner and we were entertained by jugglers and clowns and shopping, etc.

I know when I was young the only requirement for hotel fun was a pool. What's most important for your kids? A sit down dinner at Narcoosees is very different from staying at VGF with a pool just a short walk away and a quick monorail ride to the MK. I'd keep the VGF. You know they like Boardwalk and that will be an easier reservation to get in the future and since you have the VGF reservation I'd give it a try now.

You are completely right. They love the pool and it sounds really nice and really close to the villas. I'm working on them.

I do think we will have an easier time getting BWV in the future and I have enough points to do the 11month window for next Halloween.

Thank you for the advice. In the end, while I enjoy my dinners at Narcoosees, I am really just going for the kids and I want them to love it. As I said to my son this morning, have you ever not been happy in Disney and he said no. I think that says it all. We are lucky to have access as DVC members to so many wonderful resorts and I really don't think we could go wrong with any of them.

I do think it will be harder to get a reservation here at the 7 month mark, especially for the studios, as the resort sells out. So if you want to try it, now seems to be the time. The pool and Alice splash area are really close to the villas, and very well done. I'm not a kid (in fact even my kids are grown) but I loved going down the water slide. I went six times in a row - it made my husband laugh since I am not a spring chicken anymore. Disney brings out the kid in me.

It is very different from BWV, so you will have a different experience, but hopefully a good one. I think you will love the rooms! And the monorail access is great for getting to the MK. If you go, let us know what you think.

WildernessMickey said:
I do think it will be harder to get a reservation here at the 7 month mark, especially for the studios, as the resort sells out. So if you want to try it, now seems to be the time. The pool and Alice splash area are really close to the villas, and very well done. I'm not a kid (in fact even my kids are grown) but I loved going down the water slide. I went six times in a row - it made my husband laugh since I am not a spring chicken anymore. Disney brings out the kid in me.

It is very different from BWV, so you will have a different experience, but hopefully a good one. I think you will love the rooms! And the monorail access is great for getting to the MK. If you go, let us know what you think.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who goes down the water slides. It's usually me and a bunch of little kids. Next time you're sliding ask the kids to teach you how to go down (like you've never been down a water slide before) the younger the kid the more hilarious/cute the responses are.

My dh always goes but he is so lightweight he usually has a kid behind him bumping into him - haha!!! He is excited to try the slide at Vgf and bwv. He is my oldest :)

Put me down as enjoying the water slides. I found that if I launch myself quickly on the Keester Coaster, towards the end, at the last turn, it flips you to the other side and makes a big spray of water.
I use the water slide at my County pool down the road during the summer, and look forward to hitting a few during my annual WDW pilgrimage!

If you were on the top floor, the ghost noise might have been from the elevator cables. We experienced this once at the Boardwalk Inn.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who goes down the water slides. It's usually me and a bunch of little kids. Next time you're sliding ask the kids to teach you how to go down (like you've never been down a water slide before) the younger the kid the more hilarious/cute the responses are.

Cute suggestion, I'll have to try it. Actually it sounds so like me, when I read it I wondered why I had never done it. Must be because my daughter was always with me when I went on slides. Next time I go I need to remember to do that.

OP, thank you for the report. I have a reservation for a studio beginning of June. I hope I get to hear the DVC ghost. I hope he visits studios too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter