• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My review of the Anabella

palenskec

Mouseketeer
Hi all - We are back home in Oregon where it is 40 degrees and extremely windy. As we were getting ready for our trip I was having extreme anxiety wondering if we picked the "right" motel/hotel for us. So I thought I'd post my review for you all ... full trip reports coming ( we had a GREAT time!)

We booked The Anabella, well in advance - about 6 months. We booked the Mission Suite which is a king bed, pull out couch, and extra room with twin bed. The main reason for choosing this hotel was because we wanted an extra room for our 2 1/2 year old daughter to sleep in on her own. The reviews were either great or people hated the place so I was super nervous!

Anyway, we arrived early Saturday morning. Room was not ready yet at 10:00am so we checked our bags and went into the park. The front desk and bell staff was great, super nice, and gave us a card to call and check back. It had been a long morning for us and would have given anything to get into our room! We decided to head back at 2:30 and when we did go back our room was ready. The walk to and from the park was great. Just across the street, through the Grand Californian Lobby into Downtown Disney and into the parks. The walk was nice, and never crowded which I liked.

We were in the Santa Monica building (I think!), which was right in front on Katella. We were in the corner, room 1204. We loved this room and would request it again. It had hardwood floors, clean bathroom, and a nice but weird area with mirror to get ready in the morning. Lucy's room was very small, but she loved having her own bed. This room also had a ceiling fan which kept it cool. We kept all of our suitcases in the main area for getting ready. We kept our AC unit on 60 and did not notice any road noise to speak of (a little bit but nothing bad), and the AC stayed on all night which we loved because we love the white noise, and like AC in our room.

I do think this room would get very crowded very fast if you were trying to also sleep people on the sofa bed. We just used it to put our bag and such. For 3 of us, this room was great. We never had any issues with bugs, dirty room, or anything else people have written about on here. If I was to stay here again - it would be for the room type and having a bigger room...if we just needed a room with one bed, I'd do a hotel on Harbor for sure.

Hope this helps!!!! We had an amazing magical trip with our toddler - met so many characters which she loved!!!

So glad you had a good experience. I can't wait for your TR, as we're taking DD, 2y 11m, in December! We're also in OR, just south of Portland. It's windy as all get out right now!

Hi all - We are back home in Oregon where it is 40 degrees and extremely windy. As we were getting ready for our trip I was having extreme anxiety wondering if we picked the "right" motel/hotel for us. So I thought I'd post my review for you all ... full trip reports coming ( we had a GREAT time!)

We booked The Anabella, well in advance - about 6 months. We booked the Mission Suite which is a king bed, pull out couch, and extra room with twin bed. The main reason for choosing this hotel was because we wanted an extra room for our 2 1/2 year old daughter to sleep in on her own. The reviews were either great or people hated the place so I was super nervous!

Anyway, we arrived early Saturday morning. Room was not ready yet at 10:00am so we checked our bags and went into the park. The front desk and bell staff was great, super nice, and gave us a card to call and check back. It had been a long morning for us and would have given anything to get into our room! We decided to head back at 2:30 and when we did go back our room was ready. The walk to and from the park was great. Just across the street, through the Grand Californian Lobby into Downtown Disney and into the parks. The walk was nice, and never crowded which I liked.

We were in the Santa Monica building (I think!), which was right in front on Katella. We were in the corner, room 1204. We loved this room and would request it again. It had hardwood floors, clean bathroom, and a nice but weird area with mirror to get ready in the morning. Lucy's room was very small, but she loved having her own bed. This room also had a ceiling fan which kept it cool. We kept all of our suitcases in the main area for getting ready. We kept our AC unit on 60 and did not notice any road noise to speak of (a little bit but nothing bad), and the AC stayed on all night which we loved because we love the white noise, and like AC in our room.

I do think this room would get very crowded very fast if you were trying to also sleep people on the sofa bed. We just used it to put our bag and such. For 3 of us, this room was great. We never had any issues with bugs, dirty room, or anything else people have written about on here. If I was to stay here again - it would be for the room type and having a bigger room...if we just needed a room with one bed, I'd do a hotel on Harbor for sure.

Hope this helps!!!! We had an amazing magical trip with our toddler - met so many characters which she loved!!!

Great to hear that you could walk across the street and through the GCH lobby--we used to stay at the Magic Carpet/Magic Lamp, which was the spot where the Anabella is now. We liked it because we could simply cross the street and be in the parking lot, to catch a tram. I didn't realize we could still 'cut through' and thought we would have to walk around to the Harbor Blvd entrance. Maybe I'll give the Anabella a try for our next stay. Thanks for the info!!!

Thanks for letting us know. I was thinking about booking this hotel for our next trip!

BTW..im in Portland, OR :)
Oregonians love Disney :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter