My recent experience at DLR

I hate mobile ordering.... it just sucks... cold food, nothing ever right in the order and on and on...

There were no snack carts opened to grab a snack at? We always bring in like protein bar or something kinda small to tide us over...

Was this at Disneyland and DCA? I'll be sure to bring snacks if mobile ordering is difficult in both parks.

I relate to a lot of what the rest of you are saying here. We were at DL last Fri and Sat. First time to DL in October since about 6 years ago. We had fun, but it felt...I don't know..."off" from our prior visits.

This was our first time back since DL reopened post-pandemic. The CMs were all great. But the lines for the rides were worse than when we were at WDW in early June this summer. I don't want to go to DL again unless we can use Genie+. We really missed FP. The HM line was insane. Got stuck in that line on Fri evening...got in line when the app said 45 min wait and then it climbed to 90 min. I think we waited about an hour for it. Not worth it!

We did 2 days at DL itself and skipped DCA entirely on this trip. Tried 3 times for ROTR BG's and didn't get any. On Saturday, they went within 2 seconds. Really.

I don't like mobile order. I don't like how with mobile order, you can't customize anything. WDW handles mobile order a lot better...you still can't customize stuff there on mobile order either, but at least their mobile order pick up operates more smoothly right now than at DL.

I also didn't like how I had to constantly check the app to see which QS locations were mobile order and which were not. That was frustrating and annoying. We had lunch at the Plaza Inn on Saturday and OMG the lines for food there. Sheesh!

I don't like how it's impossible to get an ADR anywhere right now.

I think we'll pass on going in October again. DTD on Saturday afternoon was insanely crowded. We escaped to the DLH lobby for a couple of hours of peace & quiet in the middle of the afternoon.

Also, the choices of merchandise in the World of Disney store in DTD are just BLEH! It's all just so generic and boring right now. For the first time ever, my kids didn't spend one dime of their spending money on any DL souvenirs.

My DH was ready to leave after lunch on Saturday, but he's the non-Disney person of our group. It was frustrating that we couldn't go to Tom Sawyer's Island (which would be a good escape from the crowds), couldn't go on Fast Choo Choo (BTMRR under refurb), and the line for Space Mtn, HM, IJ, and Pirates all were in the 45-90 min range on Saturday.

Was this at Disneyland and DCA? I'll be sure to bring snacks if mobile ordering is difficult in both parks.

For us it was both. The glitches only happened on the iPhones in our group for some reason. The CMs handled the glitches great and one said they are used to it. We ordered early in the day for our lunch/dinner unless we had sit down reservations. We tried ordering chicken tenders at noon once and the next opening was at 530ish. On our last day we ordered corndogs at 9 am for a 1130 pick up. I thought I had ordered some stuff from Jolly Holiday at the same time but it didn't go through. When I noticed at 1130 the next pick up time wasn't until after 3.

Mice chat weekly update with a pointed critisism. of monile ordering and how difficult it is to get food. i am going in early december with my mom who is in a wheelchair and is on oxygen. We dont have smart phones , dont ride a ton of rides but enjoy the food and atmosphere. Disney purposely creating lines for food when its not necessary is not serving your guests well, Didnt havf a problem march 2020, the last time we went. But now afraid wont be able to get food in a resonable time without a smart phone. Hopefully we can get things to change before we go.

It's good to see we were not the only ones that felt things were a bit off. My family and I were there (our first trip to DLR) almost the exact same time as the OP. We enjoyed the experience but it didn't really seem to compare to our past trips to WDW and we were left wondering if it was DLR or just a fluke. I'll agree with the OP that the weather last Monday night (Oct. 4th) was interesting as well. We had just made our way under the covered portion of the queue for GOTG when it started to hail. Thankfully it was just a slow rain by the time we got off the ride.

I relate to a lot of what the rest of you are saying here. We were at DL last Fri and Sat. First time to DL in October since about 6 years ago. We had fun, but it felt...I don't know..."off" from our prior visits.

This was our first time back since DL reopened post-pandemic. The CMs were all great. But the lines for the rides were worse than when we were at WDW in early June this summer. I don't want to go to DL again unless we can use Genie+. We really missed FP. The HM line was insane. Got stuck in that line on Fri evening...got in line when the app said 45 min wait and then it climbed to 90 min. I think we waited about an hour for it. Not worth it!

We did 2 days at DL itself and skipped DCA entirely on this trip. Tried 3 times for ROTR BG's and didn't get any. On Saturday, they went within 2 seconds. Really.

I don't like mobile order. I don't like how with mobile order, you can't customize anything. WDW handles mobile order a lot better...you still can't customize stuff there on mobile order either, but at least their mobile order pick up operates more smoothly right now than at DL.

I also didn't like how I had to constantly check the app to see which QS locations were mobile order and which were not. That was frustrating and annoying. We had lunch at the Plaza Inn on Saturday and OMG the lines for food there. Sheesh!

I think we'll pass on going in October again. DTD on Saturday afternoon was insanely crowded. We escaped to the DLH lobby for a couple of hours of peace & quiet in the middle of the afternoon.

Also, the choices of merchandise in the World of Disney store in DTD are just BLEH! It's all just so generic and boring right now. For the first time ever, my kids didn't spend one dime of their spending money on any DL souvenirs.

My DH was ready to leave after lunch on Saturday, but he's the non-Disney person of our group. It was frustrating that we couldn't go to Tom Sawyer's Island (which would be a good escape from the crowds), couldn't go on Fast Choo Choo (BTMRR under refurb), and the line for Space Mtn, HM, IJ, and Pirates all were in the 45-90 min range on Saturday.

I 100% agree that I have no desire to spend on merchandise anymore. The quality of items has gone down. I recently ordered an Olu from Shop Disney which had far that was incosistent in color and did not feel as nice as the other Duffy & friends plushes that I got from Disneysea. Even the tags and the little storybook attached to the plush sold in the US were lower quality. Pretty much all the plushes from the US are cheaply made in China while Disneysea still makes theirs in Vietnam. I've also gotten a Stitch plush and Marie plush with loose threads even though they were new. Same thing with pins. Newer ones fall apart a lot more often than older pins.

The other annoying thing about mobile order is that they won't tell you when an item is sold out. I once had an item substituted at the counter and if I had known that they were out, I would have gotten something different. But to give them credit, food quality in general has been going up and prices for food have not risen as rapidly as prices for tickets.

I felt a different atmosphere on this trip. It was weird and felt more crazy than in the past. I see upset park goers, I saw some not great interactions with CMs, I can't exactly describe it but it's not the DL I'm used to. We saw some clothing that was pretty inappropriate for the parks.

The best part of the whole trip was the Halloween party. We went on almost every ride at DCA, hit all treat trails, went through Villains Grove and watched the parade.
At one point my daughter got hungry and we couldn't get her food.

I personally didn't have glitches with my mobile order but three orders of the people I was with said they were picked up already when we got there.
there’s a sense I can’t exactly describe that something is not quite right, and I haven’t yet been able to shake it.

It was very hard for me to admit to myself that the trip wasn't as wonderful as past trips.

something felt off. I can't put my finger on it but it's an unsettling feeling. It has nothing to do with the obvious, like missing parades, or anything like that. It's hard to describe.
I am here now and my goodness its packed! Never again Ill return during Halloween. The hell with oogie bash and not worth it dessert party!

I agree that this is a huge problem. I don't mind giving mobile order as an option but forcing guests to use their phones for everything is very bad in my opinion.

As far as the clothing thing goes, I think part of it is cultural. Certain topics that used to be considered adult are now mainstream and clothing in general has become more revealing in certain ways.

I hate mobile ordering.... it just sucks... cold food, nothing ever right in the order and on and on...

There were no snack carts opened to grab a snack at? We always bring in like protein bar or something kinda small to tide us over...

This was our first time back since DL reopened post-pandemic. The CMs were all great. But the lines for the rides were worse than when we were at WDW in early June this summer. I don't want to go to DL again unless we can use Genie+. We really missed FP.

We got home last night after being there Weds-Sun. ALL OF THIS! You all are putting into words how we felt. Somehow it makes me at least feel a little better knowing it isn't just me. Something just felt very off. The atmosphere was just not right. For the first time ever we felt like Disney management didn't care about guests at all. It all felt very hampering, very annoying and very impersonal. Disney has always been about personal service- it is why it is worth the high price. When you lose that- you lose value. The boarding groups, the restrictions on hopping before 1:00 p.m.; the park reservations, the mobile order which didn't work well, the lack of shampoo, conditioner and kleenex in our room, the mobile check in process - it was all an annoying glitchy stressful mess. This is the first time we did not feel like we got our money's worth. We have gone to DLR and stayed at DLH 11 out of the past 12 years (no 2020) and have gone to WDW many times in that time period too. This was our worst trip and we have been to WDW in a hurricane when everything shut down and we were trapped in the resort for a day and a half.

As far as the clothes-- I think they just don't have enough CMs to enforce and the ones that are at the gates are so stressed out with dealing with unhappy people and so busy that they just don't even notice. For the first time, we saw multiple shirts with F bombs and S bombs and with skeleton hands on women's chests etc. That was the least of our problems--- DD is older now and knows those words anyway--- if I had a little one that was paying attention I might have diverted attention a few times. Aside from wondering about the person that thought it was okay to wear something like that to DLR, I can deal with that.

I hated the get up and stress out until 7:00 a.m. every morning- the disappointment in failing 4 out of 5 mornings (those groups were going in less than 2 seconds- miliseconds is more like it); the having to disappoint DD every morning when I woke her up. A Disney day shouldn't start with disappointment. Then I had to stress out until noon. At 11:00 a.m, there was a lot of "no-- we can't ride that ride right now- the wait is too long and we can't risk not being somewhere at 12:00 to try for a boarding pass again." So basically with the longer lines we were stuck for about an hour every day waiting to try again for a BG because I failed at 7:00-- or at least I was stuck -I let DH and DD just go do stuff while I sat around irritated that I couldn't be doing stuff too. I felt like I couldn't really relax and try to enjoy the day until 12:01 p.m. The only morning I did get a BG at 7:00 a.m. it was WS and I spent the whole morning stressed and thinking I had made a mistake in even trying because our boarding group wouldn't get called by noon and I wouldn't get to try ROTR--- it got called at 12:05--- so then I was stressed that I couldn't even try for ROTR that day. I paid for wifi from our plane to try our first day and got shut out and then got to stress because our connection was late and we didn't make it in time to scan into the parks by noon- we were about 30 minutes late- if our flight had been on time we could have.

The park reservation/ lack of hopping until 1:00 was annoying and really hampered our trip. It was sad going to the park in the morning and seeing 4 and 5 year olds sobbing and leaving because their parents were not aware they needed a park reservation and didn't understand the process. The lines could get gummed up while poor CMs had to explain to guests that just because they had an expensive ticket didn't mean they could get in the park.
Based on the outrageous crowd, I can see why they might need a park reservation system---- although clearly they are not at any type of reduced capacity so they could have just closed to capacity. We had people tell us they had been there between Christmas and New Years pre-Covid and it was significantly more crowded on Saturday that that trip.

BUT--- while they might need a park reservation---- the hopping restrictions need to go. It is annoying and it keeps the parks from evening out. For example--- lets say that reservations for DL are full, but CA is open- DL is ridiculously crowded in the morning-- lines are short at CA---- people with hoppers who saw shorter lines could hop and relive the congestion at DL. We noticed that even though we knew both parks had no reservation availability- that one morning the lines were much shorter at CA than in DL-- others were commenting the same--- we all wanted to hop because DL was so crowded but we couldn't- with hopping it would have evened things out more and again relieved some of the congestion as people moved over. We are used to freely hopping if we see one park has much shorter lines. For 10 years we would start at DL and then hop to CA at about 11:30 or 12:00 for lunch-- that is gone and my family wasn't happy. When we didn't get ROTR for 2 days - DD wanted to switch to DL in the morning instead of CA to try again and I had to tell her that wasn't possible. When we had done most of what we wanted to do at CA, but still had a ton to do at DL due to crowds-- DD wanted to start the next day at DL so we could get there before the lines built up-- again I had to tell her no. It was just full on stress. I go to DLR to get away from work stress and get a break--- I don't need to have my stress level amplified by 100% on vacation. I was back at work today and all I could think was how my stress level had gone way down from how it was at DLR even though I have been gone a few days and am extremely busy.

I will never mobile check in again. I had done it 2 years ago and we never got assigned a room. We walked back over from the parks at 7:00 p.m. to see about it and they said there must have been a glitch because no room was assigned, This time I decided to try it again since I kept getting E-mails for it. Big mistake--- we got there around noon. I went up to the desk to get physical keys and check on the room. Once they realized we had mobile checked in - our room was "not ready". We were in the lobby adjusting suitcases and sunscreening and watched everyone that was checking in being immediately assigned rooms. If we had not mobile checked in we would have had a room. As it was- it didn't get assigned until after 4:00 p.m.

Mobile order was a mess. We didn't see many places that forced mobile order though--- we quit using it after a few times of ordering; saying we were there; and then watching long lines of people go through line place their order and get it before we got ours. Once is just a glitch-- 3 times was enough to learn it was faster to walk up to the counters. I would walk up-- check the mobile order times-- see the closest was an hour away--- get in line and have the food within 10 minutes. Check the line before you use the mobile order. We also saw people who had their mobile orders lost who were trying to explain to CMs and show them that their credit cards had been charged. One day all DD wanted was a pretzel by the Silly Symphony Swings--- the line was huge (because of the beer LOL) and the closest mobile order was an hour away so I had to tell her no. At Pyms when we picked up our Giant Pretzel there were at least 20 orders of food just sitting there getting cold. Mobile order seems to do nothing but gum things up.

The snack carts are around--- the lines are hit and miss because the parks were so busy. I waited in line 15 minutes twice for churros because I wanted them and they HAVE to be from the cart in front of the castle. I never got my Mickey head ice cream bar because there were not as many ice cream carts as usual (maybe because it is fall???) and the lines were HUGE.

When it is crowded-- not having fast pass stinks!!! We HATED it. Plus the single rider lines were hit and miss--sometimes they were open and sometimes they weren't.

We loved the Halloween party--- it was a wonderful night and why we will still say this was a fun trip. As far as the dessert party--- it is all about the chair---- loved having the chair and the view-- the drinks were pretty good--- the desserts were awful. All 3 of us only ate about a bite of each one and left them all- with the exception of the gummy worms which DD and I ate. We have done the dessert packages for Fantasmic and WOC multiple times and food wise this was by far the worst. No cheese and crackers and grapes which you usually get on those plates- just desserts that were not very good at all- one of which was hard as a rock.

I also learned that unlike in the past when they were always trying to take care of you even without you asking-- you have to stand up for yourself when things go wrong now. The one time in 5 days we managed to get an ROTR boarding pass (if you don't count yesterday when it got called half an hour after we had to leave for the airport), the ride went down a while in the afternoon--- I was stressed for quite a while about whether they would get to our group before park close. The did, but when we were called the line turned out to be an hour and 15 minutes long. We knew we were far way from the checkpoint-- but they will not let you get in line even if your boarding group is only 2 away and they can see it will absolutely be called before you get there. We were 17 minutes late for our Oga's reservation because of how long we were at ROTR. I was stressed out at ROTR because I saw were were going to be late and it would be close to be in the 15 minute window--- we ran from the ride and missed that window by 2 minutes. They told us there was nothing they could do and we would be charged $30. I had to stand there and tell the CM (who was nice) that I didn't think it was fair that we had the stress of trying to get a boarding group--- had to go when we were called-- wound up in a 1 hour and 15 minute line when the time wasn't posted at the ride--- and then they were going to charge us because of what they made us do to ride the ride. Said I didn't care if they couldn't get us in-- I just didn't want to be charged. He made a call to a manager and they got the charge taken care of and got us in- but if I hadn't make a polite respectful ruckus--- we would have been out $30.

I really feel for the CMs right now. We met a lot of great ones. Ran into a couple not very Disney ones too--- one in particular at Pyms who wasn't doing his job-- he was joking around with other CMs and talking about non-disney things and was letting stacks of mobile orders just sit there when a lot of people were standing there waiting for them. Although he was goofing off and letting the food sit there and get cold- he then yelled at someone who went and saw their name on theirs and picked it up for themself. We saw more good CMs than bad though. Many of those poor CMS are trying to make the best of it and give the Disney attitude and happiness to the guests.

Last edited:
i am going in early december with my mom who is in a wheelchair and is on oxygen. We dont have smart phones , dont ride a ton of rides but enjoy the food and atmosphere. Disney purposely creating lines for food when its not necessary is not serving your guests well, Didnt havf a problem march 2020, the last time we went. But now afraid wont be able to get food in a resonable time without a smart phone. Hopefully we can get things to change before we go.

We were there Weds-Sun--- and we quickly discovered we had a lot easier time just walking up to the counter and ordering food instead of using mobile order. Unless they change things again-- you should be fine.

My family and I were there (our first trip to DLR) almost the exact same time as the OP. We enjoyed the experience but it didn't really seem to compare to our past trips to WDW and we were left wondering if it was DLR or just a fluke.
It's not DL. For years we have alternated between WDW and DL-- and were doing both every year for a while when DD was younger. Our family all feels like outside of World Showcase (especially doing Food & Wine), we don't miss WDW when we are at DLR. In the past, it feels like it is even more magical then WDW- which is saying a lot.

I 100% agree that I have no desire to spend on merchandise anymore.

We are big shoppers on trips and with the stupid park reservations restricting hoppers until 1:00 p.m. and no fast pass we found we didn't have time to shop this trip. I spent a TON less this time than usual because their new procedures left us in long lines all day trying to get things done.

We were there Weds-Sun--- and we quickly discovered we had a lot easier time just walking up to the counter and ordering food instead of using mobile order. Unless they change things again-- you should be fine.

We tried to walk up and order and we're turned away. The CM was super nice but there was no other option besides mobile order and the next time was hours away.

I wasn't going to tell this story but hearing from all of you made me decide to do it. My daughter and her friend were on Jessie's Carousel and I didn't ride with them. I showed them the exit and stood there, when the ride stopped they didn't come and didn't come. I went and asked the CM if there was as another exit and she pointed it out to me. I walked around the carousel and didn't see them and got a bit panicky. I went to the CM and asked what to do if I can't find them and she snapped at me and said "Listen, I can't help you find your kids." That is a direct quote. I was very taken aback and went to look more. I finally found them, they had been told to use the back exit by the CM and my daughter had actually gotten hurt and was sobbing. I was livid. I asked her name and she was extremely rude too. I have never had any sort of experience with a CM like this and was pretty shocked. I handle extreme customer service issues at my job and let 99% of things go. I have her name and the time it happened and have contemplated sending a message. My first time friend mentioned half a dozen times about people who obviously hate their jobs. I do not like complaining so I probably won't send it, I feel better just telling you guys to be honest.

I am so excited to try something new and head to Aulani. We want to go to DW in a few years so I'll save for that after that trip.

We went to WDW for a week in early June of this year. I'm a huge DL fan and usually prefer DL to WDW. But based on our experience last week, at least right now, if I had to choose between the 2, I'd pick WDW over DL. And I'm a bit sad to say that.

When we were in World of Disney on Saturday, I saw a lot of people like us walking through and browsing, but nobody was buying. Normally, the lines at the register (at least on our prior trips) can mean you have to wait a little bit to check out. But on Saturday afternoon this past weekend, when DTD was mobbed with people? Hardly anybody waiting at the World of Disney cash registers. I thought that was interesting.

DL felt more...what's the word for it...frantic, I guess? Frantic, stressful, rushed. Hurry up and decide now at 9:00 am where you want to eat lunch so we can place a mobile order. Stress from my DH and him complaining about having to decide 3 hr beforehand where we want to eat for lunch, then stress & demands from him to LEAVE the park and drive to Tommy Burger for a hamburger (he's the only one in our family who likes that place).

I really miss the days when 3+day tickets had Magic Morning entry at DL. With that, we could easily get on 12-13 rides before lunch time. And then we'd do about another 10 in the evening. Instead, we did maybe 12-13 rides all day.

I also learned on this trip that I hate the stress of driving to DL from elsewhere and trying to get to the parking lot really early in the morning. We parked in the Toy Story lot. It took about 45 min from the time we parked to when we actually walked into DL on Friday. So lesson learned...on our next trip, I'm going to go back to our old method, which is to check into a hotel the night before, stay at a hotel on Harbor Blvd, and just walk the 5 minutes to the Esplanade.

Oh, and for people who park at Mickey & Friends - they totally need to bring back the parking lot trams.

There were a LOT of ladies at DL on Fri & Sat who were looked like they were attempting to enter a Kim Kardashian look alike contest. Outfits which left nothing to the imagination, many times when it would have been better if they HAD left something to the imagination. And what is up with the tarantula eyelash look? And the acrylic nails which are shaped into dagger points at the end of the nail? At times, DL felt like I was walking around Knotts or Magic Mountain, and I don't mean that in a positive way.

On Saturday evening, people started staking out their spots for fireworks over 2 hours ahead of time. Holy cow. We skipped the fireworks both nights, too burned out on people.

Lines for EVERY snack cart was long on Saturday. Like 6-10 parties in line in front of you. So we skipped all of the snack carts. Then when you add mobile order into the mix, this makes getting QS food a pain in the neck. AND if you want an ADR, it takes an act of God in order to get an ADR anywhere right now. The food situation is frustrating.

I think that on Fri afternoon, ROTR must have been having mechanical problems because the queue for that was VERY long. We've been on ROTR a couple of times at HS in WDW and whenever our BG was called, the queue never extended that far out into the rest of Star Wars-land.

It almost feels like DL forgot how to run a theme park while it was shut down for COVID. And that now they're still getting their act together. We still had a good time, but it was THE most frustrating visit we've ever had to DL or WDW over the 9 years that we've been making almost annual trips.

It's not DL. For years we have alternated between WDW and DL-- and were doing both every year for a while when DD was younger. Our family all feels like outside of World Showcase (especially doing Food & Wine), we don't miss WDW when we are at DLR. In the past, it feels like it is even more magical then WDW- which is saying a lot.

We are big shoppers on trips and with the stupid park reservations restricting hoppers until 1:00 p.m. and no fast pass we found we didn't have time to shop this trip. I spent a TON less this time than usual because their new procedures left us in long lines all day trying to get things done.
That is good to know seems like before they had a good balance of mobile ordering and walk up, we arrive on sunday how was walk up for food on sunday?

That is good to know seems like before they had a good balance of mobile ordering and walk up, we arrive on sunday how was walk up for food on sunday?

We were at DL yesterday morning. We ate at Docking Bay in Galaxy's Edge right at noon- walked up and the line looked a little long, but only took 5 to 10 minutes. As we got in line I checked mobile order and the first available was about 30 minutes away. DD wanted a Dole Whip and the Tropical Hideaway is where you can get those now and they were not even doing mobile order there yesterday (could mobile order at tiki bar)- the line looked really long- but again less than 10 minutes. The churro line for the cart by the castle was the longest food line we had and that was 20 minutes. We were over in CA for about an hour that afternoon-- we didn't get Shawarma, but we noticed there wasn't much of a line.

We went the week before you (week of 9/27,) and while I definitely share most everybody's sentiments about ti not being the same Disneyland as it was in the past, it wasn't nearly as bad as it sounds like it was last week. Last week was Fall Break for many (most?) Arizona schools (and maybe others) so maybe that had something to do with it.

Park was crowded, lines were long, rides broke down a lot. We still had fun but not nearly as much as in the past. I didn't notice anyone who was dressed inappropriately, but I'm kind of oblivious to those things....will ask my wife :)

On the other hand, we had no issues with mobile ordering. I think of it as a Fastpass/Virtual Queue for food. You pick a time for like 30-60 mins in advance and then get to skip to the front of the line at that time. When we would get into a 30ish minute line (plenty of them while we were there,) I would just pick a time right after the estimated wait. I never saw any food for mobile orders just sitting out -- every time I checked in for my mobile order, the food was pulled just like for everybody else in line....but I basically got to cut to the front of the line.

It's obvious that a lot of things are in transition now (reopening from COVID, Genie+, staffing issues, etc) so I think we'll just sit the next year or so out until things settle down.

I wasn't going to tell this story but hearing from all of you made me decide to do it.

I am so excited to try something new and head to Aulani. We want to go to DW in a few years so I'll save for that after that trip.

I'm really sorry that happened to you and your daughter-- that is unacceptable--- you should make a complaint. I don't think I have ever sent a complaint to Disney--- only a couple e-mails telling them how great certain cast members were to us--- but I'm thinking about it after this trip. What happened to you should have been reported. I thought about reporting the guy at Pyms because it was ridiculous-- but I won't.

We went to Aulani in 2016 and it was great! I hope you have a great trip!

There were a LOT of ladies at DL on Fri & Sat who were looked like they were attempting to enter a Kim Kardashian look alike contest.

I think that on Fri afternoon, ROTR must have been having mechanical problems because the queue for that was VERY long. We've been on ROTR a couple of times at HS in WDW and whenever our BG was called, the queue never extended that far out into the rest of Star Wars-land. .

LOL- so it wasn't just me. We have seen famous people at the parks before so the first few times I was thinking "Wait--- is that a Kardashian?". Then I realized it was a bunch of look alikes. There were a lot of big fake lashes! Doesn't bother me what people wear except for the obscenity on the shirts--- but I did think that number of "Kardashians" was odd!

That was the day we waited an hour and fifteen minutes once our group was called. I think it was down a couple hours in the afternoon. I was watching because I was stressed we wouldn't get called, and it had taken me multiple attempts to get a boarding group by then.

We we’re in parks 10/1 to 10/4 … and we skipped mobile order fine. I just walked past the CM at entrance and pleaded ignorance…CMs inside always accommodating and never gave me crap for not doing mobile order. While enjoying our Rose Tavern lunch we heard the CM at door say “if you do not use mobile order it’ll be 45 minutes to get your food”. Totally not true. I was in and out in about 10 minutes with three lunches. Agree with original poster though … crowds our last 2 days were nuts. We were more than ready to go home

We we’re in parks 10/1 to 10/4 … and we skipped mobile order fine. I just walked past the CM at entrance and pleaded ignorance…CMs inside always accommodating and never gave me crap for not doing mobile order. While enjoying our Rose Tavern lunch we heard the CM at door say “if you do not use mobile order it’ll be 45 minutes to get your food”. Totally not true. I was in and out in about 10 minutes with three lunches. Agree with original poster though … crowds our last 2 days were nuts. We were more than ready to go home

Oh man I wish we would have done this!

We we’re in parks 10/1 to 10/4 … and we skipped mobile order. I just walked past the CM at entrance and pleaded ignorance…CMs inside always accommodating and never gave me crap for not doing mobile order. While enjoying our Rose Tavern lunch we heard the CM at door say “if you do not use mobile order it’ll be 45 minutesto get your food”. Totally not true. I was in and out in about 10 minutes with three lunches. Agree with original poster though … crowds our last 2 days were nuts. We were more than ready to go home
How many registers did they have? Its too bad u have to pretend, Maybe if i jus tshow him my flip phone and my mom in a wheelchair they wont hassle me.

I feel this.

I have been many times already since the park re-opened, and especially since the Magic Keys were released. I have a good time every time I go, but there’s a sense I can’t exactly describe that something is not quite right, and I haven’t yet been able to shake it.

For me, its kind of a constant low level aggravation with EVERYTHING. We also have fun, overall, and we have visited 14 times since May, so not just once or twice. It seems like just the way things are being run leads to a lot of inefficiencies that just annoy me, above all else.

How many registers did they have? Its too bad u have to pretend, Maybe if i jus tshow him my flip phone and my mom in a wheelchair they wont hassle me.
They definitely won’t hassle you. I guess bottom line it depends on where you go but over 4 days quick service lunches (we ate our dinners off site, just timing with breaks just worked out that way), we had no issues with not doing mobile order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter