My quick review of our All Star Movies room

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Here's my quick review of our two night stay at All Star Movies in a standard room. We were in building #6- Love Bug.

Positives-

Got my one request of a ground floor room.
The bedding, pillow quality was fantastic!
Room was clean and ready at 2 pm.
The bathroom exceded my expectations with the remodel. The H2O products I love as well.
Plenty of space for storage in the bathroom area.

Negatives-

No trash bag liners. Really, Disney? That is beyond sad.
With my last shower, I ran out of hair conditioner, but I made do.
Screenshot_20211220-113329_Photos.jpg

Tip- to over ride the A/C unit, cover it with a hand towel.

Overall, the room quality was excellent.

Last edited:
When we were at the Boardwalk in November our trash cans didn't have bags either, but from reading these boards I brought some of my own. Trash would have been overflowing if I didn't bring them because it was emptied every other day.

When we were at the Boardwalk in November our trash cans didn't have bags either, but from reading these boards I brought some of my own. Trash would have been overflowing if I didn't bring them because it was emptied every other day.
Right. We were only there two days, so we made do. But what will we have to bring next, toilet paper? The possibilities are endless.

What do mean override ac with towel? What happens?
Disney will set the temp to 68 degrees, when it really isn't 68 degrees. And you can't set it any lower. But when we put that towel over the thermostat the room did get cooler in about 20 minutes. It worked.

We were at 5 star hotels in Vegas (3 although 2 were the same entity Wynn/Encore) without liners. It's not the end of the world.

Glad the overall room remodel was to your liking.

We were at 5 star hotels in Vegas (3 although 2 were the same entity Wynn/Encore) without liners. It's not the end of the world.

Glad the overall room remodel was to your liking.
No it's not the end of the world but it is skimpflation. What will be the next thing they decide to skimp on?

No it's not the end of the world but it is skimpflation. What will be the next thing they decide to skimp on?
It's a bit over the top the rhetoric here. It's like trying to find something in the room to be highly critical of just because and then to say "what's next Disney" especially when your review is one of majority positive.

My rooms at the 5 start hotel were far more luxurious and spacious than Disney with Alexa integration and touch commands for all the lights and drapes far and above Disney's standards and no liners. I could say "what's the next thing you're going to skimp on" but it's like not necessary.

I've stayed in more hotels without liners in the last few years (even before the pandemic) than I have with liners.

I can totally understand if it's a preference (we all have those) where you wish one was in there but saying what's next you'll need to bring your own toilet paper is hyperbole and seems at odds with your mostly glowing review. I'm glad you mostly liked the remodel as we stayed at All-Star Sports before the remodel was announced and while it was fine it probably could have used a refresh.

It's a bit over the top the rhetoric here. It's like trying to find something in the room to be highly critical of just because and then to say "what's next Disney" especially when your review is one of majority positive.

My rooms at the 5 start hotel were far more luxurious and spacious than Disney with Alexa integration and touch commands for all the lights and drapes far and above Disney's standards and no liners. I could say "what's the next thing you're going to skimp on" but it's like not necessary.

I've stayed in more hotels without liners in the last few years (even before the pandemic) than I have with liners.

I can totally understand if it's a preference (we all have those) where you wish one was in there but saying what's next you'll need to bring your own toilet paper is hyperbole and seems at odds with your mostly glowing review. I'm glad you mostly liked the remodel as we stayed at All-Star Sports before the remodel was announced and while it was fine it probably could have used a refresh.
I just wonder what we would have done if it had been a 8-10 night stay? That Outback bag barely lasted two days. And I have way too much respect for housekeeping too load up those two trash cans full with no liners in them. I wonder if liners would be brought to you if you called and requested them?

I wonder if liners would be brought to you if you called and requested them?
Honestly not sure but I'd drop off at the front desk the next time (assuming you go back) and ask that. Don't see a problem with even asking although once housekeeping came in not sure if they would replace with a new liner (I could see that message that you want liners if you could have them getting missed by other housekeepers).
And I have way too much respect for housekeeping too load up those two trash cans full with no liners in them.
So I got a little too invested earlier lol and googled just sorta trash norms of hotels and one of the reasons hotels around the world have been scaling back on trash cans over recent years (not speaking about liners but actual trash cans) was in part a subconscious nudge towards guests to make less trash. I know I know sounds awful right? But I sorta get it. I don't know if trash liners are part of that, I sorta doubt that, but I was just connecting your comment about how much trash you were accumulating. It does make sense though as trash cans in hotel rooms have never been large to begin with.

I just wonder what we would have done if it had been a 8-10 night stay?
I haven't been in a few years with 2017 being the last trip so admittedly haven't been keeping up with the housekeeping/decline housekeeping, etc stuff but on Disney's website it does say trash is done every other day as part of housekeeping unless you decline housekeeping service. For the majority that's probably sufficient enough although having liners in the trash cans wouldn't have done anything regarding the amount of the trash but I can see if you were meaning actually soiling up the trash can.

FWIW Hilton-branded hotels don't do daily housekeeping anymore they stopped that this summer and now only does it upon request (with exception towards their highest level of hotels Waldorf Astoria, Conrad and LXR where they do it more often). If you're at an extended stay it's don't on the 5th day without needing to request it. I found that interesting to read. I do believe you can request more towels or other amenities but the actual housekeeping part is now upon request.

Do they have the H2O products in the dispensers in the shower like the moderate resorts now after the remodel? Or are they just travel size products like the old days?

I'm about to stay at the All Star Movies for Marathon Weekend for the first time in YEARS and if I don't have to pack shampoo I won't LOL :hyper:

TIA!

:maleficen

Do they have the H2O products in the dispensers in the shower like the moderate resorts now after the remodel? Or are they just travel size products like the old days?

I'm about to stay at the All Star Movies for Marathon Weekend for the first time in YEARS and if I don't have to pack shampoo I won't LOL :hyper:

TIA!

:maleficen
They do have it on the shower walls.

I just wonder what we would have done if it had been a 8-10 night stay? That Outback bag barely lasted two days. And I have way too much respect for housekeeping too load up those two trash cans full with no liners in them. I wonder if liners would be brought to you if you called and requested them?
Yes they will bring you more of them if you call. We do 2 week stays, so have had to call. They also will bring extra linens, toiletries, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter