My Port Orleans - French Quarter and Beach Club Villas Stay...

Thanks for the wonderful tip report! I loved the pictures! Especially the GA in Cooking and the Tea Party and the Pirates! I wondered what they were about! Looks like such fun!

I enjoyed meeting you and your daughter at MNSSHP also!

I am probably the only person who didn't know what the Wiggles were!!!!!! Neat picture of your daughter! She looks like she's in Heaven! (They are kinda cute!!!!)

Perhaps we will get to meet again on one of our many adventures to WDW!

Thanks again for Posting!

Thanks so much for those pictures of BCV. I was there last week (for the AP Preview of Osborne Lights) and loved it. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to relive staying in the beautiful studio. I was in #339, further down, so I didn't have as direct a view of Epcot. Just one question-were you on the side of the resort overlooking the quiet pool?

Jillpie, I can’t believe that in all your POR stays, you haven’t seen Bob Jackson’s show. Shame on you! I expect you to not only see Bob’s show during your April visit, but also to have photos taken of you conga’ing your way through the lounge during his show (Kinggoofy here on the Dis claims to be our latest POR conga star – you’re going to need to de-throne the king, hee hee!). I really regretted not having my camera or camcorder with me when I attended Bob's show. I won't make that mistake again.

Simba's Mom, you had asked if my BCV room was overlooking the quiet pool and my answer is no. I had initially asked for a pool view, but then changed it to an Epcot view. However, had I gotten a quiet pool view, I don’t think I would have minded. I spent an awful lot of my time swimming in that pool. I really enjoyed it (so did my daughter).

Belated welcome back (and home! :) ). Sounds like a great trip. We are heading to the BCV in the spring, so thanks for all of the details.

Soooo... how do you rate these hotels relative to your other WDW resort stays? I know you love the AKL, (and I am sure the RPC is at the top of the list ;) ). How different was it to stay at PO-FQ versus a deluxe?

Thanks!

My fiance and I are leaving Friday for a Christmas vacation at WDW, and we're staying at POFQ. I was a little weary about it, but I feel much better after reading your post. Thanks for the pics and the info! Merry Christmas!

Shame on me for not seeing Bob J. is right! I can't tell you how many times I just wanted to STOP and enjoy his show when we were getting our milk and oj in the gift shop at night. All we could hear is roaring laughter coming from that lounge. But it was always so late at night. This trip I will make sure we make the time. He sure sounds like a blast and I will indeed take lots of video and pictures!! Can't wait to see what's so funny!:D

Southernswthrt, have a magical holiday with your fiancé at the French Quarter. And don’t forget to post a trip report upon your return – with photos!

Jillpie, I will be awaiting your photos & videos. I hope you enjoy Bob Jackson’s show as much as I did. And I expect to hear that you led the conga line.

MJS, you are sly with your questions. How would I compare the PO-FQ, a moderate resort, with the GF, a deluxe resort? As far as my personal experience went, I was completely surprised by how much I liked the French Quarter. I don’t know why that is. I guess since I went there with no real preconceived notions, that left me wide open to just plain experience the place. Also, spending the first two days of my vacation doing nothing but hanging out at the resort, really gave me the chance to enjoy it. I found the grounds just beautiful, and the architecture as well. When I took the boat over to Riverside and had the opportunity to see the mansions for the first time, I thought to myself, “The next time a coworker asks me where to stay, I will tell them Port Orleans.” I found the whole resort just enchanting. And seeing Bob Jackson’s show for the first time was just icing on the cake. I adore the band at the GF and have danced to it many times. However, I have never conga’ed through the GF with a bunch of other happy-go-lucky vacationers. The PO definitely has a lock on fun entertainment in that regard. ;)

We stayed at the CBR once, and we loved that too. Is the AKL still # 1 on your list? What did you think of the BCV relative to the other DVC resorts?

POFQ sounds terrific! By the way...what happened to the cabin?

MJS, yes, the AKL is still my overall favorite resort (definitely my favorite Deluxe Resort). However, I think PO-FQ just bumped CBR out of the Number One slot as my favorite Moderate Resort.

How would I rate the BCV as a DVC resort? That’s a tough one. I think the BWV still remains my favorite DVC resort (and second favorite overall resort), but the BCV is close behind. I like the hustle & bustle of the physical boardwalk, and the BCV is just across the pond from it. Then again, the BCV has the “whirlpool” of Stormalong Bay, and even though I was not a big Stormalong Bay fan (I don’t like sand in my bathing suit), I sure had a ball spinning ‘round & ‘round in the whirlpool while my daughter enjoyed the shipwreck’s waterslide.

As to the Fort Wilderness Cabin, I was “this” close to booking one, especially after your correspondence regarding that resort. When my daughter and I took the carriage ride through Fort Wilderness, I really regretted not staying there. I never had the opportunity to explore that resort before, and the carriage ride gave me a small glimpse into it. I was amazed at how darling it was. I especially loved riding by the cabins and RV’s and seeing everyone’s personal decorations. Since it was Halloween-time, I saw Halloween displays with ghosts and goblins and other spooky effects. It was incredible. I almost cried over how cute the whole campground area was. I was completely and utterly touched. I think I need to start hanging out on the Dis' "Camping" board in preparation for a future Fort Wilderness Cabin stay. *Sigh*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter