• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My port arrival time is 230. Is there anyway to get on sooner?

Michelle Mohr

Earning My Ears
Someone on plan Disney said to come in after 1 and then its open boarding. Has anyone had any recent experience with that? TIA

I would come earlier - 1:00 ish. If it isn’t open boarding yet, the worst that can happen is you have to wait around outside the terminal for awhile. It has been our experience that cast members will let people in the terminal earlier if there aren’t a lot of people waiting.

For our Christmas Wish 4 night cruise last month, we got there about 12:45, but definitely before 1pm. Our PAT was 12:30pm. They were already doing open boarding.

Port ARRIVAL Time is the time you should ARRIVE at the port. When people arrive earlier than they should, it overwhelms the port and causes delays. You should plan to ARRIVE at your designated Port ARRIVAL Time. Happy cruising!
There is no point in waiting until 2:30 to arrive at the port. They will be able to go in before that

Port ARRIVAL Time is the time you should ARRIVE at the port. When people arrive earlier than they should, it overwhelms the port and causes delays. You should plan to ARRIVE at your designated Port ARRIVAL Time. Happy cruising!
Doubt there will be any delays that late in the boarding process. OP should be just fine showing up earlier.

Which port are you sailing out of? I've read that Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale) has been pretty rocky lately, poorly organized and running behind schedule. Have you been checking to see if you can get an earlier PAT through the DCL website?

Which port are you sailing out of? I've read that Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale) has been pretty rocky lately, poorly organized and running behind schedule. Have you been checking to see if you can get an earlier PAT through the DCL website?
port everglades, of course.

Keep an eye on the fb group. If there are boarding hickups that cause them delays tou will need to stick to PaT. But in 98 percent of the cruise things run smooth and open boarding starts around 1ish. Aks people on the fb group to post if they notice open boarding.

Keep an eye on the fb group. If there are boarding hickups that cause them delays tou will need to stick to PaT. But in 98 percent of the cruise things run smooth and open boarding starts around 1ish. Aks people on the fb group to post if they notice open boarding.
What facebook group? We are also cruising out of Port Everglades, so would love to hear how the boarding process is going.

What facebook group? We are also cruising out of Port Everglades, so would love to hear how the boarding process is going.
Most cruises have Facebook groups created by someone who is on that cruise. A lot of the posts are coordinating Fish Extender gift exchanges but there a number of posts about check in, booking activities, and certainly on embarkation day there will be posts as everyone arrives.

Please post when you can. My cruise is Feb 4th. I am interested to know as well.
I went around 130 and we started going through. The line was long, but They didn’t ask what the time was. My son was crying and said he didn’t want to wait in the line so a cast member took us all the way to concierge service so we didn’t have to wait. That was so nice to her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter