My Official Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your message. I know this is probably not what you expected to be dealing with while you are all out in California for a fun experience with the fans of the show. I didn’t expect it either, yet I’m just reading from Home after the first day back to work for teachers, but I expect this to be extremely difficult for the people who work for you.

I hope you are reassuring your existing team that they are safe and will be taken care of throughout this crisis, just like we were told you did during the Covid shutdown. I’m sure we’d like to know that as well.
Ali, in case you're unaware - these issues were not first raised this week. It's actually troubling that there wasn't a more thought out media plan for a company that has such a significant media presence. Certainly things reached a fevered pitch, in part because last week's announcement that the show was suddenly moving out of Pete's home made people pay attention. I think that if this was, for instance, a publicly held company - shareholders would've expected more planning about such serious allegations. Perhaps luckily for those involved, it's a private company and there isn't the same clear fiduciary responsibility of people like board members, HR departments, Chief officers. I think that should still exist - but it's different.

The staff has said they didn’t know. The executives have said they didn’t know. Most importantly, the victims have clearly and repeatedly stated that nobody knew.

I’m not a DU client, and I’m someone who canceled their Patreon a long time ago because of the schizo host’s erratic behavior and political rants.

Yet, I’m the one who has to point out that people are virtue signaling all over the place, just so they can pretend to be outraged.

Y’all are just silly.
Employees were sexually assaulted (and other employees have been clear about emotionally abusive actions, with documentation). There is a 1,000,000 dollar AMEX lawsuit. People aren't virtue signaling or pretending to be outraged; sexual assault is outrageous (honestly, I don't really care about the financial impropriety because the other issue is so off the charts wrong and I don't see how people feel comfortable saying it's silly).

I've watched with dismay as posters' concerns about serious allegations devolved into personal attacks and speculation about anyone associated with the DIS and the boards, in spite of the statements from the very people who shared their stories that they did not reveal their experiences to others. I am deeply saddened by those stories and if I am feeling that from a distance, I can only imagine how much more difficult it is for those individuals to relive their trauma and for all of the current and former employees of the DIS and Dreams learning this information.

Thank you @WebmasterJohn for your statement. I have no doubt that you and the team will continue to move forward with the same integrity, compassion, and professionalism I have seen from you since I've known you.

How will we know when Pete is fully divested? There is something called guilt by association. Until we have other facts, don’t be coming at your audience with canned responses. Don’t be surprised if Dreams Unlimited Travel ends up like Bud Light.

We will never know. It’s far more likely Pete will retain all of his current ownership — why would Pete sell? As long as these businesses can keep funneling money to him, he has no reason to sell. They can’t force him to.

There are a number of haters here who have repeatedly made attacks and insulted the team.

The VICTIMS here are primarily the men who have posted their SA stories. They have repeatedly made it clear that NO ONE on the team knew the depths of that abuse, yet a handful of armchair quarterbacks here think they know better.

The existing podcast team has shared some toxic workplace stories, the cause of which should now be resolved. Let them detox and reboot their workplace and the show with changed leadership and a new start in a new studio.

As far as financial improprieties, those are internal to DU and will not affect clients or employees.

John, DSNYDREAMER and others have explained that DU’s model passes your payment info directly to your travel vendors (cruiselines, hotels, Disney, etc.) DU is financially stable. Dreams earns commissions after travel is complete, so anyone divesting now will not be paid on future travel.

Those involved are dealing with issues as necessary. Listeners can choose to continue to listen or not. But be kind. No more attacks. Take the trash talk somewhere else.

The majority of clients and listeners have been extremely supportive and empathic. I know the team truly appreciates the many messages of love and support during this chaotic time.

Even though we've had our differences, I do give credit to the mods currently for keeping all of this open. And while I fundamentally disagree with both of yours posts in this thread, I ask you this with total respect:

Is it possible to voice our concerns, our questions, our anger, our confusion, our disappointment... and not be considered "haters" or "attacks" or "trash talk"?

Even though we've had our differences, I do give credit to the mods currently for keeping all of this open. And while I fundamentally disagree with both of yours posts in this thread, I ask you this with total respect:

Is it possible to voice our concerns, our questions, our anger, our confusion, our disappointment... and not be considered "haters" or "attacks" or "trash talk"?
It certainly doesn’t seem that way….

Sorry Kathy, but you are way off base here. You complain that arm chair posters are continuing to assert that others knew about Dustin’s SA even after Dustin assured us that no one else knew. You are wrong. After Dustin made that statement, there hasn’t been a single post by anyone making that assertion. Not one. What people are questioning is: Did other managerial level employees know that employees were being emotionally abused by Pete? Did they know that Pete demanded that Oliver work after being informed that Oliver’s family was in town for a visit. And if so, did anyone try to intervene? Did any managerial level employee know that JL was being unjustly accused of stealing money and was terminated on that basis? And if so, did anyone try to step in and intervene? Did anyone in a managerial position know about the mental and emotional abuse being levied against Sean or Fiasco. Did anyone take these situations up with Pete? After Dustin assured us that no one else knew about his SA, there has been nothing but support for him and not a single post questioning his representation. I really don’t know where you got that. It has all been about the overall toxic work environment independent of the SA. All fair questions to ask.

As for “haterz”, there are people here who hate that former employees were being sexually and emotionally abused. There are people here who hate that their money (commissions, Patreon or otherwise) was finding its way into Pete’s bank accounts. There are people here who hate the fact that John posted about pretzels and ice cream before addressing any of this. So go ahead and tell us what part of this “hate” is misdirected or unjustified.

I get it that proper legal advice might caution against saying too much too soon. But tell us what sort of legal advice recommends John posting his fourth paragraph or the entirety of your post. If that is the type of legal advice you are getting, you’d be well advised to find new legal counsel.

Sorry Kathy, but you are way off base here. You complain that arm chair posters are continuing to assert that others knew about Dustin’s SA even after Dustin assured us that no one else knew. You are wrong. After Dustin made that statement, there hasn’t been a single post by anyone making that assertion. Not one. What people are questioning is: Did other managerial level employees know that employees were being emotionally abused by Pete? Did they know that Pete demanded that Oliver work after being informed that Oliver’s family was in town for a visit. And if so, did anyone try to intervene? Did any managerial level employee know that JL was being unjustly accused of stealing money and was terminated on that basis? And if so, did anyone try to step in and intervene? Did anyone in a managerial position know about the mental and emotional abuse being levied against Sean or Fiasco. Did anyone take these situations up with Pete? After Dustin assured us that no one else knew about his SA, there has been nothing but support for him and not a single post questioning his representation. I really don’t know where you got that. It has all been about the overall toxic work environment independent of the SA. All fair questions to ask.

As for “haterz”, there are people here who hate that former employees were being sexually and emotionally abused. There are people here who hate that their money (commissions, Patreon or otherwise) was finding its way into Pete’s bank accounts. There are people here who hate the fact that John posted about pretzels and ice cream before addressing any of this. So go ahead and tell us what part of this “hate” is misdirected or unjustified.

I get it that proper legal advice might caution against saying too much too soon. But tell us what sort of legal advice recommends John posting his fourth paragraph or the entirety of your post. If that is the type of legal advice you are getting, you’d be well advised to find new legal counsel.
Perfect, thank you.

The staff has said they didn’t know. The executives have said they didn’t know. Most importantly, the victims have clearly and repeatedly stated that nobody knew.

Which executives said they didn't know? John didn't.

What we do know is that JL said she had suspicions, Charles said he knew as Pete told him, Charles said there were a few who enabled Pete, and Sean said an unnamed staff member told him not to report or sue Pete because that would affect everyone's jobs.

We also know Dustin said no one knew while he was there, and I fully believe him.

So there are some irregularities, and I don't think we know for sure.

I certainly don’t consider myself a hater. I’ve always thought very highly of John, Kevin, and crew. You’re right, John, I met you a few times and you were very gracious and kind. I’m just deeply disappointed that you chose to post about pretzels and ice cream sundaes before you released any sort of update in regards to some very serious and severe allegations made by former contacts and employees of your company. I’ll admit that it’s easy for me to say, I’m not in your position. I can say with 100% certainty, however, I wouldn’t have been broadcasting my vacation on social media while my customers and fans were patiently waiting to know that you were even paying attention to any one of these allegations. I still have hope and I still want to support you, but today was a big step backward.

I am sorry that there has been death threats and horrible things said recently in the chat and online. I am sure it's been very hard on all of the DIS Staff. It has to be doubly hard on anyone who has been affected by what has transpired. I hope that the team and all involved can regroup and can come out of this on the other end side in a positive way.

I am sorry that there has been death threats and horrible things said recently in the chat and online. I am sure it's been very hard on all of the DIS Staff. It has to be doubly hard on anyone who has been affected by what has transpired. I hope that the team and all involved can regroup and can come out of this on the other end side in a positive way.
Hold on, nobody said anything about death threats. Let’s not go crazy here.

I remain torn about giving one red cent to Dreams Unlimited Travel. I adore my travel agent. She's been outstanding. The thought of any possible money getting into that abusers bank account makes me wretch. I've already spent tens of thousands on cruises booked through DUT that have profited him. Makes me sick.

That's my ridiculous literal first world problem. What truly makes me sick is what the victims of sexual assault, manipulation and harassment endured on their JOB.

Seeing those texts from JL literally groveling and begging forgiveness was so sad. I'm sure she realizes it was pathetic now but she was fighting for her life and her livelihood at the time. He may not have laid a hand on her but he was emotionally traumatizing her terribly. Go read her texts. It's heartbreaking to see a grown, professional mother have to act that way. She, like the others deserve all the happiness and peace now.

I'm sure Disneyland is not the happiest place on earth right now. Lots of smiling through the pain and getting back into rooms and talking through how to proceed is what's really happening.

People are reacting to pictures of Kevin holding a gigantic pretzel. Bad optics. Bad timing. Eh....and the message about how John & Kevin are the victims here didn't go over well.
I hope they employ a crisis management person. A professional. And then listen to them. This is too big of a mess to handle on their own.

👏👏👏👏

I remain torn about giving one red cent to Dreams Unlimited Travel. I adore my travel agent. She's been outstanding. The thought of any possible money getting into that abusers bank account makes me wretch. I've already spent tens of thousands on cruises booked through DUT that have profited him. Makes me sick.

That's my ridiculous literal first world problem. What truly makes me sick is what the victims of sexual assault, manipulation and harassment endured on their JOB.

Seeing those texts from JL literally groveling and begging forgiveness was so sad. I'm sure she realizes it was pathetic now but she was fighting for her life and her livelihood at the time. He may not have laid a hand on her but he was emotionally traumatizing her terribly. Go read her texts. It's heartbreaking to see a grown, professional mother have to act that way. She, like the others deserve all the happiness and peace now.

I'm sure Disneyland is not the happiest place on earth right now. Lots of smiling through the pain and getting back into rooms and talking through how to proceed is what's really happening.

People are reacting to pictures of Kevin holding a gigantic pretzel. Bad optics. Bad timing. Eh....and the message about how John & Kevin are the victims here didn't go over well.
I hope they employ a crisis management person. A professional. And then listen to them. This is too big of a mess to handle on their own.

Your agent should leave and find a new agency. Sounds like there might be a lot of work starting to come other agencies way based on how many are going to hear about what Dreams knew was going on and let it keep happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter