My new-found love of the dollar store

We get our frozen veggies there - DH stocks up once a month for lunches. Grabs a bag of the veggies, whatever protein is leftover from dinner the night before, and he has a bottle of hot sauce. He loves it!

Also, baking pans, cards, seasonal decor, and mailing supplies..

Our Dollar Tree has delicious whole wheat bread and bagels made at a bakery about an hour away, plus yummy pickles and pretzels - dollar stores have come a long way!

I rarely go to Dollar stores, because I find the more stores I go into, the more likely I am to buy extras.

Dollar stores are very useful when you need papergoods for big events, however.

The Dollar Tree takes Manufacture Coupons!! You can get some really great food deals with coupons!

I shop at he Dollar Tree about once a month, sometimes more if I need something specific. I buy glasses there, and then either paint or stencil them and give them as gifts, they are always very popular. :) I buy quite a few things there actually, it's nice to pay $1 for a toothbrush instead of $3. I don't buy their food though, sometimes I buy their canned goods or soda, but I haven't bought any of their refrigerated or frozen stuff, it doesn't look good to me. We also have a 99 cent store that I go occasionally, they have a huge produce section and sometimes I get good stuff there, but it is really hit or miss so I don't plan to go often. I probably should though.....lol

When we were trying to get pregnant, I bought pregnancy tests there! And.... They worked, ha ha!

When we were trying to get pregnant, I bought pregnancy tests there! And.... They worked, ha ha!

I have to admit, when I saw them, my first thought was, "Who would buy pregnancy tests at the dollar store?!?!"

My second thought was, "Wait... why did I pay $12.99 a piece, when I could have gotten them at the dollar store?!?!" :rotfl2:

I get wrapping paper, gift bags, paper goods/party supplies, and some kitchen supplies like foil pans, plastic bowls, etc. The problem is that I always come out with a pile of stuff I don't need, because it's only a DOLLAR! :lmao:

My son wanted a rainbow birthday party this year. I bought six packages of plates in red, orange, yellow, green, blue & purple for $6 total at Dollar Tree. The packs of one color plates at Party City were $7 EACH! It would have cost $42 to get all 6 there. I love Dollar Tree!

I use the dollar store plastic bowls with lids when I attend a party I bring something leaving behind a dollar bowl is a no brainier for me

I have to admit, when I saw them, my first thought was, "Who would buy pregnancy tests at the dollar store?!?!"

My second thought was, "Wait... why did I pay $12.99 a piece, when I could have gotten them at the dollar store?!?!" :rotfl2:
:

Ha ha! I will say when I got the positive, my husband made me go buy a "real test" :rotfl:

My sister-in-law is an OBGYN. She encourages her patients to get pregnancy tests at the dollar store - says they are perfectly fine!

The problem is that I always come out with a pile of stuff I don't need, because it's only a DOLLAR! :lmao:

That's why I love DollarTree, I can go hog wild in there, grabbing things just cause I want to, and still come out under $20. I don't feel like I need to "edit" myself like I do constantly at other stores. It's fun once in awhile to shop without abandon. :rotfl:

Omg, the dollar tree is amaaazing!

I am throwing a Bridal Shower for one of my close friends - found the cutest black/white swirly print (damask?) plates, dessert plates, and napkins, plus I got all of the silverware, some serving utensils, etc! SO MUCH CHEAPER than the party stores!!

I always go there for cleaning products, too. I coupon as much as I can but their cleaning products aren't half bad!!

I love love LOVE the dollar tree. Makes organizing around the house very affordable. Also, like you said, it helps when you want to decorate around the house for the holidays.

For everyone buying giftbags at Dollar Tree, Target had $1 Frozen reusable bags. Some were themed for Christmas, some were just plain characters.

I love the Dollar Tree. We get craft items all the time. Cards, bows, birthday plates, Birthday Candle (so cheap compared to other discount stores). Food items are about the only thing I don't think is cost effective because the sizes are always smaller than grocery stores.

I love the Dollar Tree. We get craft items all the time. Cards, bows, birthday plates, Birthday Candle (so cheap compared to other discount stores). Food items are about the only thing I don't think is cost effective because the sizes are always smaller than grocery stores.

My dad is in an assisted living facility, and the residents LOVE their shopping trips to Dollar Tree. The food items end up being cost effective because the small size is perfect for 1 person.

Glad to know about the coupons, too.

LOVE the Dollar Tree! We homeschool and get tons of great educational extras there. Also my last 2 kids were confirmed by Dollar Tree test. DS #2 took me taking 2 test to sink in that I really was pregnant! :lmao: I have also found a surprising amount of goods made in the USA there. If it is something I need I will buy it. Good to have a great price and to support my own country. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter