My mini Wilderness Lodge review

JohnDaleswife

Sharing the same birthday with Donald Duck!
On the road home from our stay at the Wilderness Lodge and I thought I would give a mini review.

Pros
Room location- Had a view of the fireworks every night, in a standard view room. Awesome.

Staff- Up to Disney's standards completely in every way.

Roaring Fork- the banana waffles were so good.

WCCafe- was the best food on property. Ate there twice.

Transport- the boat to the Magic Kingdom

Cons

Transport- had no idea that the Lodge shared busses with other resorts. It really was no big deal in the end, but I had no idea, so it came as a surprise to me.

Pool- I prefer a zero entry pool. Other than that, the pool was beautiful.

Roaring Fork- didn't open up till 7 30 for breakfast. I thought that was too late, they could have opened earlier than that each day. I mean, the DVC station was open at 7 each morning, why not Roaring Fork?

If anyone has any questions just fire away.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the Wilderness Lodge. :)

Transport- had no idea that the Lodge shared busses with other resorts. It really was no big deal in the end, but I had no idea, so it came as a surprise to me.
All of the deluxe resorts except AKL ( and maybe BWI) share buses with another deluxe resorts.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the Wilderness Lodge. :)

All of the deluxe resorts except AKL ( and maybe BWI) share buses with another deluxe resorts.
Yep. Surprised it isn't well known actually. I count it as a knock against the Deluxe resorts. It's one of the reasons we switched to PO for most of our stays lately. We prefer the way things work there overall, and transportation is one of them. Sure, the deluxe have a 2nd mode most of the time but they have knocks too. Monorail, too many breakdowns and Boats, while rare, can stop too, due to weather. Buses are reliable and the way I prefer to reach the parks and I much prefer when they aren't shared.

And I think BWI does share at least 1 destination with someone, but I forget which.
AKL sort of pseudo shares since it does both AKL and AKV and they are separate locations

Yep. Surprised it isn't well known actually. I count it as a knock against the Deluxe resorts. It's one of the reasons we switched to PO for most of our stays lately. We prefer the way things work there overall, and transportation is one of them. Sure, the deluxe have a 2nd mode most of the time but they have knocks too. Monorail, too many breakdowns and Boats, while rare, can stop too, due to weather. Buses are reliable and the way I prefer to reach the parks and I much prefer when they aren't shared.

And I think BWI does share at least 1 destination with someone, but I forget which.
AKL sort of pseudo shares since it does both AKL and AKV and they are separate locations
I remember sharing with the Beach Club while we stayed at the Yatch, but I guess I assumed that would happen for some reason, so I wasn't caught off guard there.
And I know about AKL and AKV sharing, but I have learned something now.

Even though my next stay will probably be at AoA due to my youngest child's request, I do want to stay at the AKL, SSR and the Poly. Does the Poly share busses to the AK and DHS?

On the road home from our stay at the Wilderness Lodge and I thought I would give a mini review.

Pros
Room location- Had a view of the fireworks every night, in a standard view room. Awesome.

Staff- Up to Disney's standards completely in every way.

Roaring Fork- the banana waffles were so good.

WCCafe- was the best food on property. Ate there twice.

Transport- the boat to the Magic Kingdom

Cons

Pool- I prefer a zero entry pool. Other than that, the pool was beautiful.

Roaring Fork- didn't open up till 7 30 for breakfast. I thought that was too late, they could have opened earlier than that each day. I mean, the DVC station was open at 7 each morning, why not Roaring Fork?

If anyone has any questions just fire away.

What do you mean by the DVC station was open at 7am? Is this another place to eat? I can't believe that Roaring Fork doesn't open until 7:30, that kind of ruins a lot of rope drop plans for eating at the hotel. Maybe the new place will open earlier.

What do you mean by the DVC station was open at 7am? Is this another place to eat? I can't believe that Roaring Fork doesn't open until 7:30, that kind of ruins a lot of rope drop plans for eating at the hotel. Maybe the new place will open earlier.
No, it's the Disney Vacation Club. I was being a bit sarcastic as Disney can open that up early and not Roaring Fork. The DVC is major $$$$$ for Disney.

But ya, the new place may open earlier.

I remember sharing with the Beach Club while we stayed at the Yatch, but I guess I assumed that would happen for some reason, so I wasn't caught off guard there.
And I know about AKL and AKV sharing, but I have learned something now.

Even though my next stay will probably be at AoA due to my youngest child's request, I do want to stay at the AKL, SSR and the Poly. Does the Poly share busses to the AK and DHS?
Pretty sure yes, at least one of those does share with someone, though I can't recall the exact order and which shares with which. But buses share between all the MK resorts in some way or another for all but MK.

Pretty sure yes, at least one of those does share with someone, though I can't recall the exact order and which shares with which. But buses share between all the MK resorts in some way or another for all but MK.
Didnt know that. For what you pay for those resorts, I would have never thought that.
I see me using Uber more and more now. We loved it this past week.

Didnt know that. For what you pay for those resorts, I would have never thought that.
I see me using Uber more and more now. We loved it this past week.

No, it's the Disney Vacation Club. I was being a bit sarcastic as Disney can open that up early and not Roaring Fork. The DVC is major $$$$$ for Disney.

But ya, the new place may open earlier.

What are you talking about? What opens at 7?

Oh OK Maybe I was thinking, from the post context, that it was another place to eat. I was totally confused
Me too. I just assumed they meant there was some sort of snack offering in the Villa building and it opened up early. Having never been in over there I had no idea

Now I get the joke. Though it's not the first time I needed a map to find a punch line. Things often fly right over my head :duck:

We are big WL fans but really, Roaring Forks is the one thing we hate about it. Food when we've eaten there is just awful. We've walked by in the mornings and the lines inside were awful. It's way too small for the resort (when it's fully operational and booked). I hope for a lot of changes with the new place

thanks for your review....was the new WL pool bar restaurant open and if so did you eat there? wondering how the food is? we are staying at WL for one night before joining our family at Poly DVC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter