My Meals ranked and rated

mince

Mouseketeer
My 7 TS meals, ranked in order and rated 1-10

Jiko and Le Cellier tie for 1st (10)

Boma (9)

Hoop-Dee (6.5)

Prime Time (5) -- Sent the sirloin back, too tough. Subbed pot roast and was very good

Chef Mickeys (4)

Marakkesh (2.5)

My 6 QS meals

Tangerine (9)

Peco Bills (8.5)

Flame Tree (8.5)

Cosmic Rays (6)

Yakitori (5)

Pizza Planet (4)

Payed OOP for some kids meals and used QS credits for Mickey Waffes a few mornings and they were very good. You can ask for 4 kids waffles in substitution for 1 adult and the whole fam can eat a waffle in the AM.

Best snack: Mickey Premium Bars

Worst Snack: Frozen lemonade (not the packaged variety, but from the machine) way too syrupy <word?>

I was rating the food/value. The ribs were very tough and they were main entree imo. I did find a couple of thinner ones at the bottom of the bucket that the meat came off of the bone easier. I saw the 5:00 show, so perhaps later shows allow the ribs to slow cook longer for a more tender meat. The other food was actually pretty good, especially the salad. So I'll raise the rating to a 6.8 in retrospect.

I'm somewhat critical so a 6-7 is a good/decent rating. Shows you how much I liked Jiko and Le Cellier.

The ribs were actually better at the Flame Tree albeit the small portion.

I also wasn't in love with the show. My wife really liked it and it kept my ds4 in his seat.

Won't go back next trip... maybe 5 years or so after I've explored other dining options.

where were you staying? I'm just interested in more information on substituting the 4 kids waffles for 1 adult one. Thanks!

All-Star Movies...

I bet you can do that anywhere. On my first day the cm asked me if I would like 4 kids waffles so I didn't have to wait for the adult waffle. Every day after that I requested it with different cms and they all agreed as if it was standard operating procedure.

I was usually somewhat full from the night before so 3 of us could split 4 kids mickey waffles and 3-4 pieces of bacon that came with it. The waffles are thick.

I would normally use a snack credit for mixed fruit and we had a decent breakfast.

Oh no... we have ADR for Marakkesh for our September trip. Could you share your experience there??
deno

We were seated immediately. We ordered the Marakkesh feast.

The soup was fair. Much like a lentil soup you'd get from an Indian restaurant/buffet. The appetizer was actually very good that accompanied the soup.

The entree consisted of lemon chicken, lamb kebabs, some veggies and cous cous. The cous cous was downright cold. The rest of the food was barely warm. The chicken was potluck as to what type of piece you get. My wife got a wing and part of a breast. I got a small drum. The lamb was somewhat fatty.

The part I like least was that it was very humid in there and warm (not hot). I was perspiring a bit during the meal.

The belly dancer was hot though, but we could barely see her.

The meal wasn't terrible, there are just much better choices, IMHO.

The ribs are horrible at the Hoop Dee Doo. I love the show so much that it is becoming a must do for our trips. Because I love it so much, I hate to say anything bad about the Hoo Dee Doo, but they can keep the ribs.

Glad to hear my 3 faves are also 3 of yours (Jiko, Le Cellier, Boma).

Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter