My luggage tags have arrived!!

Yes. They used to send a small booklet but it has been discontinued. All you need is your ID and they’ll retrieve your reservation details when you check-in.

I agree with heggy, that number was important to us as for the last few years I left the "tear-off" part with my elderly parents if, in an emergency, they needed to reach me.

But the day the tags arrive is Happy Dance Day!:dogdance:

Dumb question that is off topic: Is the ship's emergency contact information located somewhere on the Disney Cruise website? I can't seem to find it but keep trying.

We liked the tear off emergency contact cards to give to our local family, so I want to make sure I can still provide that information when November comes around.

I got my tags for an upcoming trip and I was so excited! The packet is a little underwhelming though. I understand most of the info is online or on the app, but send me some pretty pics or something!

I got my tags for an upcoming trip and I was so excited! The packet is a little underwhelming though. I understand most of the info is online or on the app, but send me some pretty pics or something!

Disney is one of the few that still sends tags (which I did not get for my upcoming cruise...nbd as I am doing carry-on, but still) period. Most make you either wait until you are at the pier to get them from the porters or print and make your own beforehand with arts and crafts folding and taping. Be glad they are at least sending tags!

Disney is one of the few that still sends tags (which I did not get for my upcoming cruise...nbd as I am doing carry-on, but still) period. Most make you either wait until you are at the pier to get them from the porters or print and make your own beforehand with arts and crafts folding and taping. Be glad they are at least sending tags!

As someone who has never sailed DCL the printing your own tags is no big deal. I never really understood the complaints about this. Your printing all the other docs for your trip, hotel etc., so a few extra pieces of paper is no big deal. You then fold it a few times on the clearly marked dotted lines and then loop it around a luggage handle and staple it. Your hotel will have a stapler so it's not like you have to pack one if you fly. If that's too much work the Porter's will give you one to write your info on.

Are the complaints about this more along the same lines as those who cruised 20 years ago and now hate that people don't bring tuxes for dinner? We got tags for our first cruise on carnival, but none on cruises since then. I never would have that it was a problem/annoyance until I logged into forums.

As someone who has never sailed DCL the printing your own tags is no big deal. I never really understood the complaints about this. Your printing all the other docs for your trip, hotel etc., so a few extra pieces of paper is no big deal. You then fold it a few times on the clearly marked dotted lines and then loop it around a luggage handle and staple it. Your hotel will have a stapler so it's not like you have to pack one if you fly. If that's too much work the Porter's will give you one to write your info on.

Are the complaints about this more along the same lines as those who cruised 20 years ago and now hate that people don't bring tuxes for dinner? We got tags for our first cruise on carnival, but none on cruises since then. I never would have that it was a problem/annoyance until I logged into forums.

Actually I’m not printing all that. Everything is electronic.

It’s super pricey, but I do think the charges are to your stateroom and not to the person calling. That being said, data still seems like a better idea. Or iMessage if everyone has Apple devices.

It’s super pricey, but I do think the charges are to your stateroom and not to the person calling. That being said, data still seems like a better idea. Or iMessage if everyone has Apple devices.

No, as I understand it the person calling is asked to enter a credit card for the charges of the call. It is billed to them, not you.

Well, well, well...

Guess what arrived today - less than a week from embarkation and 3 days before I leave??

Better cutting it close than not at all, huh?

(Just looked more closely... It went to my TA at her OLD address that she has not been at for almost a year. Maybe this promoted her to update her address with Disney!)

How many days before you sail do you typically get the luggage tags? I leave in 37 days and have not received them yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter