• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My little thanks about the Candlelight Processional

momsgoofy

<br><font color=blue>Hello! My name is Laura and I
I just wanted to say thanks to TalkingHands, who told me to sit on the right side during the CP so I could see the interpreter. (I'm also an interpreter and love the chance to see others work.) TalkingHands told me that 2 interpreters, Angela and Terry, were fantastic at the CP. Well, TalkingHands, you were right! I got the chance to see Angela at both CPs I attended on my trip and I sat in awe of her work!

The first night (12/19) we went was with Marlee Matlin and her personal interpreter, Jack Jason. They were both super...although at times I didn't think Jack matched the affect that Marlee Matlin was presenting. I think I took almost 100 photos that night and never really watched the choir or the orchestra...I was in such awe between Marlee and Angela. I wasn't brave enough to ask to sit on the right though, just filed in with all of the other dinner package folks.

The second night (12/24) we went was with Jim Caviziel and I was determined to sit closer to the interpreter for a better view. I asked a CM on the 19th if it would be possible and was told to just tell a CM I needed to see the interpreter. Well, I did and was so happy! Angela interpreted again and she is dynamite! Her expressions, her use of body shift, how she portrayed the wind, the little sheperd boy, the King in the song, "Do you hear what I hear?" was so clear to see...I always knew which one was speaking...or in this case singing. If Angela was able to see me, she may have gotten the creeps as I sat with my eyes glued to her as she worked...she was so wonderful.

Thank you TalkingHands!! I just wanted to share a few photos here of the CP...

Angela interpreting on 12/24
P1010162_162.jpg

Marlee Matlin on 12/19
P1010038_038.jpg

Jack Jason, personal interpreter for Marlee Matlin
P1010046_046.jpg

Don't worry, Angela is used to having people staring at her. She is fantastic. I got to see her on the 15th and another interpreter, Brian, on the 19th. Enjoyed them both tremendously.

HI momsgoofy- Are you the lady that was standing in front of us in line at the Caviezel show? You talked to us some and I just saw your photos and remembered you had said you were from southern IL, and thought maybe you were the same person. This is my first DIS post. :earsgirl:

*MiSsIoN*Space Cadet said:
HI momsgoofy- Are you the lady that was standing in front of us in line at the Caviezel show? You talked to us some and I just saw your photos and remembered you had said you were from southern IL, and thought maybe you were the same person. This is my first DIS post. :earsgirl:

Yes!!! :goodvibes That is too funny! Welcome to the DIS!!! I am so glad you decided to post finally! I remember you telling me that you read the DIS all the time, but hadn't posted yet....YEAH!!! I apologize that I don't remember your names though...sorry. I'm sure you remember DS telling you how I'm always posting here...he thinks that because when he gets home from school that is my time on the computer...lol

When the CMs started letting us in, I rushed over to the right side so I could see the interpreter better...I really didn't want to miss seeing her. Plus that way DS could see the trombones better...he was impressed. We really enjoyed the performance both nights. DH loved it when Jim Caviziel started singing the Hallelujah Chorus with all his might...fantastic!

I hope your trip was great...ours was...and if I remember correctly you were driving...hope it was a good one back to Illinois. I look forward to seeing your posts in the future and again, welcome the DIS!! :grouphug:

Hi there. :sunny: Wow, how neat! I am so glad to hear you had an excellent vacation. Ours was awesome- the processional was the highlight I think, followed by Illuminations...it was just magical! These DIS boards are great and everyone seems super friendly. Thanks for the warm welcome momsgoofy! A happy new year to you and your family.

I was only at WDW for a quick 3 nights, and was determined to see Illuminations twice (my favorite thing at WDW overall). So went and saw it 12/21, and again on 12/23. That day, I was there alone and on a whim jumped into line for the CP with Jim Caviezel. Just by luck, JUST JUST JUST made it into the show and ended up near the bottom on the right. I watched the interpreter the entire time. I was completely fascinated. I have taken sign language classes, and have attended functions where sign language was all that was spoken. Sign language, to me, is a beautiful, artistic language. But with Angela, interpreting the songs, it was even more beautiful and artistic. My seat was not very good for watching the choir and Jim, but was perfect for watching Angela. Couldn't have worked out better!

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter