• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My journey to being officially Dopey

Hockeychic

Going for Dopey 2025
My title is because I have done the "Unoffical Dopey" the year before Disney officially brought in Dopey I did Goofy and added the 5K before to be Unofficially Dopey.

I am going to try and use this journal to keep myself on track and keep track of my highs and hopefully very little lows.

So far training has been going really good. Weight is my problem, as of this morning I weighted 208.8. I need to lose weight.

I am getting better with my food choices, chips are my weakness and going on 2 weeks now no chips which is great for me and I plan on keeping that going.

Today, I have 45 mins of intervals. My intervals are slow :30/2:00 but doing them. Weird thing is I am faster if I walk which may be my plan for Marathon day after park days and 3 races but my goal is only to finish and finish feeling strong.

Thanks for reading.

Kim

Checking in. Training is going well. No missed workouts. I am swimming as cross training. As I am older and overweight I think it is best to stick to exercises that don't have a lot of impact. Food has been really good, still having a pop a day but that is less then I usually have and I will cut that out completely probably about a week. Still no chips or chocolate just good foods, maybe still a bit high on the carbs but I am ok with that. I believe I need carbs for fuel so all in all I am happy with the last few weeks.

One day at a time.

Kim

One of the best ways to keep yourself accountable is to put your plans and goals out there! Way to go, good luck in your efforts. Stick to your plan and you will makes the changes you want to make. By the way chips are one of my weaknesses to! I give myself one "cheat" day a week and have found that this meets my craving needs.

Are you signed up for this Dopey or 2018?

Thank you all. I am signed up for Dopey 2017.

Been doing really good actually. I just don't seem to get on here to post very often. I guess we are about 21-20 weeks out. Wow I am super excited. I am getting the milage in and eating much better but weight isn't moving so I think I need to maybe incorporate some weight training. I get my milage in 3 - 4 days a week, and swim 2 days per week but I need to do more I think and maybe a few more tweeks on my diet. Very hard in the summer but then again only a few weeks left so I will get there. I know I will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter