My Intimate Wedding TR/ SBP / V & A's

Oh, manohman I hate work! It keeps interfering with my life!

Anyway, thanks to all--and listen, I have the best parts coming up. Well, the worst parts, but the best parts too. In my next installment I will tell you all about the pissed off front desk lady that YELLS at me in the lobby of the Grand Floridian WHILE I AM IN MY WEDDING DRESS, the Bellman with the Very Bad Attitude (What is their deal? What are they so bitter about? Having to wear short pants with pantyhose, or what? Look--we women have to wear short dresses with pantyhose AND high heels, and you don't see it making us all bitter! Well, not that bitter, anyway. Not so bitter we would more-or-less deliberately smash someone's cake and topper!)

Oh yeah--dinner at Victor Victoria's and Albert's! How to do justice to a meal that takes four hours and costs 625 dollars?!?

And to think my husband was pacing around and crashing into things over 30 bucks worth of room service! :eek:

Wonderful TR, and your pictures are *so* nice. I LOVE your dress!

A cake-smashing bellman? This I HAVE to hear about!popcorn::

Kim!!! Oh my goodness!!! I can't believe all the stuff that happened to you guys??? And the price of dinner???!!!! I told all of that to Mr. Happylala and he couldn't believe it either... we can't wait to hear all about it. I love your TR so far and your pics are beautiful. Andrew has some also. We are going to burn the CD and mail it to you. ;)

HAHA.... i can only imagine what a dinner at V&A's would do for my DH. He would consider that the casual bowl of cereal that he eats before his evening dinner. I'd say we would be picking up something as soon as we left there-- he would consider 'real food'. Cant wait-- ofcourse.

And Kim... i am REALLY sorry that your work is getting in the way of your life... ;) I suppose you might actually have to do something... I wouldnt know anything about that.:hug:

Fabulous TR! Can't wait to read more!
Your dress and flowers, absolutely gorgeous!
You're a beautiful couple
Best wishes to you both!

Thanks for sharing
:flower1:

Kim,
loved your pics, they have gotten me even more excited to use Randy..(if that is even possible!) :yay: I can't wait to read more of your TR, so keep it coming...:surfweb:

Kim...did you get lost? I'll come find you!!!! Me and Maggimus will come search for you in the wilds of Texas... hang on Kim..... we're coming!!!!!! :rotfl:

Your pictures are beautiful. As I was trying to think of a word to describe how beautiful YOU looked, all that came to mind was radiant. You looked absolutely radiant. So gorgeous, and happy, and comfortable. Congratulations. I am only on here because DH and I are trying (although life seems to be getting in the way), to plan a VR for our 25th wedding anniversary. I can't stop checking on your trip report. You really are a creative writer. I am totally enjoying this. Now, stop honeymooning and get back to the trip report.;)

Hey you guys; don't send out the search party. You can't beeee-lieve work though. They SAVED all my work (I am an analyst) instead of portioning it out, and now I have all of it and my current stuff. I'll never get dug out. They'll find me someday, buried under a load of data that was no longer pertinent but has to be looked at anyway. Because that is how we do things. Whether it makes sense or not is irrelevant. This is The Government. It doesn't have to make sense.

And yeah, weekends are still pretty honeymoonish. :upsidedow

Oh, Desknee, thank you so much! What a kind thing to say...and yes, well, I was never happier, really. I waited so long for Kelly; I guess I had thought maybe I would never meet anyone like him. Good luck with your VR--I hope it is all you wish for! Don't give up believing! :bride:

This installment is called: Aren't the brides supposed to be the crazy ones?

So: where were we? Oh yeah, I was about to get married and I am glowing inside. Oh, man oh man--I was so happy.

Sigh...

We met Randy in the lobby of the GF, and he started taking photos right away. Randy is very funny, very nice, and very easy to be with. I liked him right away. The lobby was pretty crowded, but it was manageable, and everyone was so sweet to me. I received so many compliments, and people tried hard to not get "in the way". The little girls were the most fun; they were so cute.

Okay, not everyone was sweet: Despite being told the flowers would be delivered to the GF, and my checking and double checking that was to happen, they were not. I asked Kelly to check at the front desk, and the next thing I know (because I am getting my pictures taken on the main staircase, so I'm kinda busy) some woman from the GF front desk is all up in my face hollering about how she can't help, she doesn't know who to call, yada yada. I am trying not to laugh, because the whole thing is so silly. Hey! WAIT A MINUTE! I'm the bride! Aren't I supposed to be the one having the bridezilla moments?!?

And I'm laughing, and everyone in that part of the lobby is all shocked, and I'm thinking: "Ya know what, lady? Once upon a time I used to deal with hostile mobs in places like Somalia. You know there were bigger issues then than flowers. So. You need to be quiet, desk lady peson. Seriously." But I am not saying anything, just looking at her, very calmly. Then I pick up my silk skirts, and take one little step towards her.

And she promptly turns and runs.

LOL.

I know. It's touching. Very lady-like and princess-y. But there ya go. That's me. And then it happens, you know? Oneof those moments you don't get maybe ever, and once or twice in a lifetime if you are really lucky: Standing there on the staircase, after the Screaming Desk Clerk scampers off, Kelly catches my eye and cocks an eyebrow, and we both laugh because he knows what I am thinking, and I know he knows, and he understands how I think--no, more than he understands, he celebrates how I think! because maybe it isn't how I "should" think, or maybe it isn't how most people would be, but it is how I think, and how *I* am, and he loves it--- and in that moment I could care less about the flowers. I am marrying my best friend. The missing part of me I didn't even know was missing till I found it--and missing flowers, and pouring rain...well... it's all "oh, who cares?"

Unsolicited Advice Time: Anyone even thinking about marrying someone that doesn't truly CELEBRATE you--you in all your good and bad and ugly and beautiful--STOP! Don't do it. Because somewhere out there is the One Person that will. And life is far too short to spend it with anyone that doesn't make you glad to be you.

While Kelly and I are having that staring-at-each-other-across-a-crowded-room moment, Randy (the OUTSIDE VENDOR) gets on the phone and finds out the what the deal is. Turns out to be a screw up by the deliver-er, which in our case is the Mears limo driver.

Oh, crud. I have a meeting. More later.

And its Randy Chapman to the rescue once again.... :cheer2: :cheer2:

Aww--- :idea: you could write a romance novel ya know it?? And I would be an avid reader...

Hope things calm down at work... :coffee:

Glad you came out of hiding :magnify: and let us know you were okay.... was about to put on my cowboy hat, chaps, and spurs... hop on my horse, and mosey on into the texan territory!

And I havent lost any weight... or whatever this is-- but they are new icons and I wanted you to have one in your TR... So... here goes nothing!
:wishsize20

Keep the TR coming:hug:

:thumbsup2 what a wonderful read...I'm hooked! and your photos are lovely - I agree, life is too short. there is a special someone out there who loves you just as you are - because you are. I know, I'm marrying mine in 9 months!

looking forward to the next installment, chapter, paragraph, sentence .....:rotfl:

Michelle

Your TR is great. I was laughing so hard. I could picture you picking up your dress and head to the desk. :rotfl: Can't wait to read more!

I am working like a dog myself this week :badpc: But this is definitely helping my sanity :cool1: Thank you!! Keep it coming! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Kim, as always, I love your TR and you make both me and Andrew laugh... I sware we do have those pics and if I can nail him down long enough to burn them onto a CD, we'll mail them out to you. I think he's home this weekend, so maybe after we finally take down our CHristmas tree, we can get that done... lol... :rotfl: Talk to you soon!!

Di :)

Your trip report is so funny!! I would have done exactly the same thing toward that clerk. Okay, maybe more. I have a tendacy to let my mouth run ahead of my brain :goodvibes . Anyways, your wedding pictures are beautiful!!! You two go togather perfect!! :hug: Hope you have an amazing life togather!!! Can't wait to hear the rest! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter