Elijah Abrams

Mouseketeer
I have an idea on how Epcot's World Showcase area can be greatly improved! For an overhaul, instead World Showcase's pavilions being countries, they would be continents (Europe, Asia, North America, South America, Africa, and Australia/Oceania), something WestCOT would've done if it was built instead of California Adventure! What do you think?

I have an idea on how Epcot's World Showcase area can be greatly improved! For an overhaul, instead World Showcase's pavilions being countries, they would be continents (Europe, Asia, North America, South America, Africa, and Australia/Oceania), something WestCOT would've done if it was built instead of California Adventure! What do you think?
I think that would make the pavillions less detailed and more generic. Not an improvement. There would be no way to keep the detail and maintain any kind of thematic consistency within that broad a category.

Norway is very different from Russia, which is very different from England. But they're all "Europe". Same thing is true for Pakistan, Japan and Malaysia as "Asia". Or Guatemala, Haiti, and Canada as "North America". Completely different countries, same continent. Continent is too broad a category to create one thematically cohesive and immersive pavillion.

Last edited:
I think that would make the pavillions less detailed and more generic. Not an improvement. There would be no way to keep the detail and maintain any kind of thematic consistency within that broad a category.

Norway is very different from Russia, which is very different from England. But they're all "Europe". Same thing is true for Pakistan, Japan and Malaysia as "Asia". Or Guatemala, Haiti, and Canada as "North America". Completely different countries, same continent. Continent is too broad a category to create one thematically cohesive and immersive pavillion.
My thought exactly.

completely agree with you, except, when did Guatemala become part of North America?

completely agree with you, except, when did Guatemala become part of North America?
list of countries of North America in alphabetical order

• Antigua and Barbuda
  • Bahamas
  • Barbados
  • Belize
  • Canada
  • Costa Rica
  • Cuba
  • Dominica
  • Dominican Republic
  • El Salvador
  • Grenada
  • Guatemala
  • Haiti
  • Honduras
  • Jamaica
  • Mexico
  • Nicaragua
  • Panama
  • Saint Kitts and Nevis
  • Saint Lucia
  • Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
  • Trinidad and Tobago
  • United States of America (USA)

What a lot of people don't realize is "Central" America is actually part of North America.

list of countries of North America in alphabetical order

• Antigua and Barbuda
  • Bahamas
  • Barbados
  • Belize
  • Canada
  • Costa Rica
  • Cuba
  • Dominica
  • Dominican Republic
  • El Salvador
  • Grenada
  • Guatemala
  • Haiti
  • Honduras
  • Jamaica
  • Mexico
  • Nicaragua
  • Panama
  • Saint Kitts and Nevis
  • Saint Lucia
  • Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
  • Trinidad and Tobago
  • United States of America (USA)

What a lot of people don't realize is "Central" America is actually part of North America.

Probably because it's not what we were taught in school

In my vision, the continent pavilions would look something similar to this: a mix of buildings from different countries of their respective continent. This WestCOT concept art is an example.

I agree with others, it's broad of an area to work with. Putting separate buildings up with probably cost too much. I'd be happy if they just brought the international CMs back. I really enjoyed talking to the CMs about their countries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter