• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My husband is coming home!!!!

Pixie1

Earning My Ears
After 15 months and 2 extensions, it looks as if he will really be coming home this time!! The word is that they will be leaving Baghdad in the next few days and flying back to the states. We don't have the specific dates yet. Keep your fingers crossed!

Happy days are here again! You must be so excited and relieved!
I thank DH and you for all your sacrifices. :goodvibes

God Bless ^i^
:hug: Sandie

:Pinkbounc :bounce: great news..... Thank you to your DH for all that he has done for us while there. Congrats to you.....

A proud Army mom

Denise

Great news!! Those extensions must be frustrating.

My husband had been gone for six months (Baqubah, Iraq), but I got to visit with him last week unexpectedly. He was supposed to be gone 12-18 months, and was not likely to get R&R, however, he was injured by an IED in May (not too serious, rotator cuff tear and other internal shoulder issues), and after not being able to be on duty for 6 weeks (in a sling unable to lift weapon, etc.) they sent him to Walter Reed Med. Ctr in D.C. I flew down the day after he arrived and was able to spend 5 days. After he has surgery he'll be able to come home, and see our children, on a 30-day convalescence leave.

I'm crossing my fingers hoping your husband has a quick return (we all know how the military moves at a different pace).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter