My head is spinning - help!

Lorihome2

Earning My Ears
I just stumbled on your site yesterday (much to my boss's dismay :p ) and I love it! We have saved for three years for our first WDW trip with kids - I haven't been since 1986! I am trying to do a great job planning and saving money, but I am so overwhelmed with the choices! I was going to plan for the 1st/2nd week of April, but I see it's peak season (big $$), so I starting thinking 1st/2nd week of January - value season but it seems the hotels are all charging peak season rates!

Can someone help me stop spinning and point me in the right direction for some good advice? Good news is, I found $225 RT airfares from San Diego. Can't beat that!

I think you are all wonderful - I never knew so many people loved Disney like I do!!! TIA for any advice...

You'll love the help you get from this board!
We have reservations at All Star Movies 1/2-1/7 for $77 a night, which is the value season rate. Which resorts have you checked? The best place for info on discounts and such is www.mousesavers.com
Good luck! :wave:

Mary Waring discount codes and ways to save money
http://www.mousesavers.com/index.html

I just saw a code for anyone for room at the allstars for $49 thru 12/25.

The resort discounts for Jan arenot out yet,

but keep watching DIS's Budget and mousesavers and you will see the room discounted.

Welcome to DIS and stop that head spinnin', just watchin' ya is givin' me a headache!

The different "levels" of onsite lodging have different "value" season rates. So the time of year you get a great rate on a Value Resort you might pay full price at a Deluxe. (And vice versa.) Check out www.passporter.com. I think they have a nice chart that shows when the "value" seasons are for the various hotel classes.

I'll bet you start seeing some good January discounts around October or so....Go ahead and book something at a Value or Moderate resort right now if it makes you feel better, and then watch closely for discounts.

I think Disney is trying to see how the new 100 years campaign and the new codes are helping fall attendance. I bet they start looking ahead to January and February pretty soon.

Y'all are incredible - thank you so much for the feedback. I can see this is a place where I could get real warm and cozy....:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter