My HDDR was "AUTOCANCELLED"!!!

mommykds

All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip,
Just wanted to post my experience & to tell you all to check your ADR's periodically before you leave.

We checked into the Polynesian CL last month. Upon arrival I asked if they could print up my HDDR tickets. After awhile of not finding my ADR the CM told me that my ADR was "not there, that is was autocancelled." :scared1:

"What does that mean?" I asked...CM replies "The CM who took your ADR never entered the cc number & therefore the ADR was cancelled."

Meanwhile the original dining CM who took my cc info gave me a confirm number...so that CM took my cc number, gave me a confirm number, & then did not enter it somewhere she was supposed to so my ADR was cancelled. :mad:

Now that ADR was made on the 180th day for category 1 5pm show. The Poly CM called but of course was told that HDDR was booked up & they could not get us a table.....nice huh? The dining CM doesn't do her job so we were out of luck.

Please check your ADR's before you leave to make sure you do indeed have an ADR...even with a cc# guarantee there was no "guarantee".:sad2:

I'm so sorry.

My credit card has already been charged so they darn well better have a table for us. :laughing:

If you had a confirmation number, they should have honored your reservation or done some major compensating.

Personally, I would follow through with a series of correspondence until I received a satisfactory response. There is no point having a confirmation number if it doesn't confirm anything.

I guess you didn't notice that your credit card had not been charged? It would be nice if they auto-emailed you when they auto-cancelled to give you time to act if necessary.

I'm sorry this happened to you.

I am confused...when you make an ADR online for full payment meals, you don't get a confirmation until payment has been received. I'm not sure what happened with the OP, as I was under the impression that the online system and phone system are one and the same?

I would definitely follow up with Disney as there was some kind of flub up somewhere...they need to figure out what happened as it doesn't make sense as a confirmation number was generated, and normally, you don't get those unless full payment is received.

I always check my ADRs before I arrive, as well as check my credit card statements too.

Hope it gets resolved, Tiger :)

Personally, I would follow through with a series of correspondence until I received a satisfactory response. There is no point having a confirmation number if it doesn't confirm anything.

I guess you didn't notice that your credit card had not been charged? It would be nice if they auto-emailed you when they auto-cancelled to give you time to act if necessary.

If you have the dining plan and associate your resort reservation with your HDDR ressie (or any of them that require prepayment) you do not have to pay up front. They only take your credit card # as a guarantee, that way if you do not show up they can charge the fee to your cc. So assuming the OP did in fact have the DDP, she should not have expected to see her card charged and thus didn't know anything was amiss.

Based on my experience last fall when I reserved HDDR Category 1 seating at 5 p.m. for our Feb. '10 trip, the credit card charge shows up within a day or so of making the dinner show reservation rather than charged the day of the actual show. Category 1 seating isn't covered by the dining plan for a 5 pm HDDR show. Only Category 2 and 3 seating would be covered by the dining plan at that time of day and also for the 7:15 pm show. I believe it's only the last HDDR show of the day that permits use of the dining plan for Category 1 seating.

So sorry to hear this happened to the OP as it's a fun show and something to look forward to especially when one has a confirm. number and presumably it's all set and booked well in advance. I would complain in the OP's shoes, and especially double check on whether or not the credit card charge was put through to the OP's credit card, in which case the OP is due a refund.

I know that on my cc # statement shows where I was charged $119.00 for CRT. So if they only "hold" the card then why did it show up as being paid.

I know that on my cc # statement shows where I was charged $119.00 for CRT. So if they only "hold" the card then why did it show up as being paid.

Because CRT is a pre-paid meal, and HDDR is a credit card hold. You shouldn't be charged until you check in for the dinner show. Two different circumstances.

It would be a good idea to check your credit card statement to make sure they did not charge you for HDDR.

Because CRT is a pre-paid meal, and HDDR is a credit card hold. You shouldn't be charged until you check in for the dinner show. Two different circumstances.

It would be a good idea to check your credit card statement to make sure they did not charge you for HDDR.

Actually they are both pre-paid meals. I am doing both for my trip. I actually just changed my HDDR date today and they did say I would be charged and I was charged for my other res that I just canceled. (I did not try to link this one to DDP as I am doing Cat 1)

CRT is also pre-paid. I think it used to be a hold only, but they now charge you up front if you are not on DDP. And they cannot seem to get things right with the DDP. I have booked and re-booked my CRT three times and had them link it to my DDP each time and yet I have been charged in advance 3 times instead of just having a hold. :confused3 The CM looked and confirmed it was linked, but they still charged. I have now been told that I need to wait until I get there and have them reverse the charges at CRT and the apply to my DDP.

The only one that I have dealt with while planning my reservations thats asks for a CC and is a hold and not a pay up front charge is Akershus.

Back to OP. I would be TICKED!! They get your number and your e-mail address and have no problem sending what is basically SPAM every other day, but they cannot notify you that your reservation will be cancelled. They don't even need a live person, they can do automated messages or e-mail.

Actually they are both pre-paid meals. I am doing both for my trip. I actually just changed my HDDR date today and they did say I would be charged and I was charged for my other res that I just canceled. (I did not try to link this one to DDP as I am doing Cat 1)

CRT is also pre-paid. I think it used to be a hold only, but they now charge you up front if you are not on DDP. And they cannot seem to get things right with the DDP. I have booked and re-booked my CRT three times and had them link it to my DDP each time and yet I have been charged in advance 3 times instead of just having a hold. :confused3 The CM looked and confirmed it was linked, but they still charged. I have now been told that I need to wait until I get there and have them reverse the charges at CRT and the apply to my DDP.

The only one that I have dealt with while planning my reservations thats asks for a CC and is a hold and not a pay up front charge is Akershus.

Back to OP. I would be TICKED!! They get your number and your e-mail address and have no problem sending what is basically SPAM every other day, but they cannot notify you that your reservation will be cancelled. They don't even need a live person, they can do automated messages or e-mail.

Yep, I think when I went, HDDR was a hold. It sounds like the OP fell into a mess. I wouldn't bother with speaking to anyone at Dining CRO unless it was a supervisor at this point.

I feel ya! We had something similar happen at Ohana. I double checked my reservation a week before coming down and it pulled up just fine on the Disney dining site. When I went to check-in, somehow my 6:30 reservation auto cancelled!! UGHhh we were very upset. Their compensation? "You can sit around until closing (after 10) and see if anything opens, but you can't leave the lobby because it may or may not open at any time." Um, no. It was their fault, they should handle it properly. The SoA show was cancelled for weather so all of them were put into Ohana, thus making the restaurant even more crowded. Went to the front desk and we were compensated and sent elsewhere but it was a HUGE disappointment and a lot of wasted time. :mad:

I am so sorry that this happened to you. Even though you have a confirmation number it is meaningless if the restaurant is full. We had a nightmare happen one time and found out the hard way not to count on dining experiences. CM's sometimes mess up. If you don't make it a priority experience for your trip it won't hurt so much when it doesn't work. I would never make a princess meal a big deal for a child. Things work out more often that not but know that mess ups DO happen.:sad2:

If you had a confirmation number, they should have honored your reservation or done some major compensating.
I agree...I had my confirm number but they did not honor it. The Poly CL CM did not want to bother so she said they were full & that was that. She offered me the Grand Floridian cafe dinner as a "replacement".:eek::headache: I was really surprised that nothing could be done. I did not check my cc statements & that's why I posted so that doesn't happen to someone else...very disappointing. I emailed guest communications on April 4 & never hear anything. This annoyed DH so much he is not too keen to return to Disney anytime soon.:sad2:

What i want to know is if they give you a confirm # & the CM makes a mistake why is the guest not notified?

I am very sorry that happened to you. However, I do want to clarify something....If it was autocancelled, that was not the cast members fault that booked you. It was the dining systems fault. It has happened in the past. if the cast member made a mistake, it would show the mistake, not "autocancelation" .

Again, I am very sorry. I know HDD is a popular location.

I am so sorry! They should have been able to do something for you. Grand Floridian Cafe :rotfl:

Lisa

I agree...I had my confirm number but they did not honor it. The Poly CL CM did not want to bother so she said they were full & that was that. She offered me the Grand Floridian cafe dinner as a "replacement".:eek::headache: I was really surprised that nothing could be done. I did not check my cc statements & that's why I posted so that doesn't happen to someone else...very disappointing. I emailed guest communications on April 4 & never hear anything. This annoyed DH so much he is not too keen to return to Disney anytime soon.:sad2:

What i want to know is if they give you a confirm # & the CM makes a mistake why is the guest not notified?

I would keep doing follow up emails to Disney. Make sure you forward the previous one (all of the previous ones, once it gets to this stage) in your correspondence. I have had great success getting a response (yes, Disney included) but sadly in this day and age, it takes more than one attempt and often you literally need to sit on them until you get a response, before you can even begin to put your case forward.

It is really matter for you to decide whether you would rather now cut your losses and not go through any further hassles with this, or spend what may be a considerable amount of time and effort until you reach a point where you are reasonably satisfied with the outcome. I do hope it all works out for you, whatever you decide to do. And thank you for the caution - it is good to keep in touch with reality by the occasional post like this - I am just sorry you had to go through that on your vacation. :hug:

Yikes! How disapointing this must have been! I just went and checked my HDDR. It's still there. Although, I'm not sure how "safe" it is after the pp's Ohana ressie getting cancelled for no reason and having been fine the week before :scared.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter