My first visit to DL Paris Trip Report!

vettegirl

Dole Whip Queen
After being in Paris for 3 days we headed over to Val D Europe to stay at the very nice Hotel Val D Europe. The staff was very nice and the location was excellent. We headed over to Disney Village as we had an 8:00 reservation for Cafe Mickey. We took the train over and walked around the village. It was small but neat to see all the places I had been reading about online. We were shocked that people were smoking everywhere, but I guess that is Paris for you. We walked over to the New York hotel and went in to a few of the stores. It was almost 8 so we headed over my DH and I to Cafe Mickey. After we sat down we were greeted by the host himself!
337408596.jpg

Our waiter was extremely slow but it was okay as were enjoying the atmosphere. They were not too busy as we sat upstairs and only one section was open. I had the Pluto Steak, which was very yummy. My husband had the same along with the tomato soup. For dessert we had the apple tart. I really enjoyed when the characters danced to Think by Aretha Franklin, all the children really enjoyed themselves.

The next morning Sept 25, we were the first ones at the gate at 7:50 there was on one else which was unbelievable!

DSC01885.jpg

We headed in at 8 for the early hours and no one was there! We were surprised as some of the rides in FL and DL were not open until 10.

DSC01888.jpg

DSC01889.jpg

DSC01898.jpg

We went over and were the first ones on Buzz, which was the same as DW and DL but still fun!
DSC01891.jpg

We then went and rode Dumbo, which needed a new coat of paint, Pinnochio, Star Tours, and Peter Pan.
DSC01895.jpg

DSC01916.jpg

DSC01915.jpg

I loved the dragon under the castle. That was so neat to see as we do not have him in the US!

DSC01902.jpg

We walked over to the bakery and very disappointed that they didn't have cinammon rolls! So we skipped the bakery as they didn't have anything we really liked. We then went over to Frontierland and waited for it to open. The Halloween decorations were up there and were fantastic. Loved it! The first ride we rode Phantom Manor which was awesome. It was better than the US version, loved it loved it!

DSC01919.jpg

DSC01924.jpg

DSC01926.jpg

DSC01928.jpg

Next we rode BTMRR, which was so neat. I loved how it started, it was the best one I had ever ridden. We only waited 5 minutes to ride it too!
DSC01936.jpg

Next was Indiana Jones, which hurt our head so bad, I would never ride it again. I was shouting out ouch the entire time LOL

So after the headbanging we went on POC. Half way through the music stopped so went through the ride with no music or special effects. We were the only ones who noticed so we let the CM's know as they were mortified. We told them we would come back later and ride. After that we went to Alice's Maze, which was so cute. I really enjoyed it!
DSC01958.jpg

DSC01959.jpg

DSC01960.jpg

DSC01972.jpg

After Alice we went to Mr. Toad's house for fish and chips which were great. I loved his little home so much, that alone was worth the visit for me.
DSC01980.jpg

DSC01981.jpg

DSC01987.jpg

We also saw the Character Express Train which was really cute!
DSC01990.jpg

Next we were off to Walt Studios!

So we went over to Crush's Coaster and to my delight we only waited 20 minutes to ride, and that was the only wait we had all day long.
DSC01995.jpg

DSC02001.jpg

DSC02004.jpg

Fun little ride, it was broken the rest of the day, which I wanted to ride again but oh well!

Next was TOT, same as DL California.

Then we went to the Armaggedon show, total waste of time, I should have listen to you all on that one.

Next we rode RNR 4 times in a row, great ride, love Aerosmith. I liked the theme in DW better, but again same ride. The giftshop was so tiny, I wanted an Aerosmith shirt, but they didn't have any :(

DSC02016.jpg

DSC02017.jpg

DSC02028.jpg

DSC02033.jpg

DSC02037.jpg

DSC02006.jpg

We then walked around the shops and waited for the Stitch show which was too cute. He was even a little on the mean side!
We then headed back to DL to see the parade, went in the Nautalis, rode POC again with music, explored the island, and rode IASW. IASW was by far better in Paris than in the US. I loved the USA being in the ride.

We left at 7:30, our feet could not take anymore. One day was enough for us, as there were no lines and we did everything we wanted to do and then some. It was disappointing that the places for food close early, even the ice cream shop. So the food is definately more plentiful in the US parks, but we were not there for the food! Overall we enjoyed our visit and it was neat seeing the differences in the rides. I will never forget my visit and will return again one day when I have children so they can experience it! Thank you to everyone on the boards, it has been fun :)

Glad you had a great time - you managed to get a lot done in a day!!

How did you find Paris? Did you travel elsewhere in europe?

I think i saw you before the park opened, my DD and a little boy was chosen to open the park on the Friday 25th September.

Paris was neat, loved all the history. Ran into a couple of rude people, but that is there problem not mine LOL. Also traveled to the UK, went to Dover, Hastings, Arundel, Stratford Upon Avon, Woodstock, Warwick, Coventry and London. I am so tired as today is the first day for me to relax!

OMG im actually in one of the pics pushing the buggy. Its the castle pic in the morning lol.

What a small world!

Glad you had a great trip, yes european customer service can be different to the USA!! ;)

Thank you for taking the time to write and post a detailed trip report :goodvibes

Glad you enjoyed your day, thanks for sharing the lovely photos:goodvibes

Wow! What a great day!

Thanks for sharing, love your photos!!

great trip report !!!!

I couldnt find the dragon under the castle last year, have a feeling it was closed though,

Also the Ice throne you are sitting on, where is that? never saw that either, and also never came across Stitch, is that new or was I just walking around with my eyes shut lol :3dglasses

Definately a small world spotting yourself in someones photo, Little mermaid LOL!!!

Stitch is over near RNR and Armagdeddon. Also the Narnia chair is by RNR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter