My experience waiting for Slinky Dog last night! Sept 8th

in case anyone is interested...we got into line last night at 8:08 (park closed at 8:30). The sign said 60 minutes, but our total wait time was 42 minutes. We LOVED the ride! It’s so much fun! I’d rank it below RNR and EE in intensity but higher than 7DMT and BTMRR. I’d say it’s similar in intensity to SM.

There is hope for those of you who can’t get FP+ to still ride Slinky!

Glad you had a nice time!! I also enjoyed, and glad I gave it a try.

in case anyone is interested...we got into line last night at 8:08 (park closed at 8:30). The sign said 60 minutes, but our total wait time was 42 minutes. We LOVED the ride! It’s so much fun! I’d rank it below RNR and EE in intensity but higher than 7DMT and BTMRR. I’d say it’s similar in intensity to SM.

There is hope for those of you who can’t get FP+ to still ride Slinky!
We must have been right next to you in line. We also got in line at 8:08 last night! How funny.

Thanks for the updates! SDD was the only FP I haven't been able to get. Still busy refreshing with about a month to go.

Just curious. How many days are you there for? I ask because our FP+ window opens next week and we are planning FOP and Slinky for the last two days of the trip. I expect to be able to get those, but if you're going out 6 or 7 days and having trouble, that's a concern for me.

We only had 2 park days this visit.

Yikes! We go end of November (week after Thanksgiving). Was hoping less crowds and easy to book fp's, but this makes me nervous...

that really should be a slower week than the others posted. You may not be able to get SDD on your 60 day, but on a few of the 60+ days you will be fine for both SDD & FOP. Wish I could go that week. I arrive the Friday before Thanksgiving. While not insane busy, we will see it get insane by the time we leave just before Thanksgiving.

Yikes! We go end of November (week after Thanksgiving). Was hoping less crowds and easy to book fp's, but this makes me nervous...

Don't do this to me!!! We get there 11/25 and our DHS day is 11/28. if need be we will change to 11/29 just to get FPs for SDD. Hopefully this week we get together and plan our FP strategy for the trip.

Don't do this to me!!! We get there 11/25 and our DHS day is 11/28. if need be we will change to 11/29 just to get FPs for SDD. Hopefully this week we get together and plan our FP strategy for the trip.

You'll be fine. PP who wos having trouble booking has found FPs after entering the correct dates (because booking for November is easier than booking for September - lol), and your dates should be less crowded than hers. You'll be booking at 60+3 or 60+4, which gives you a good shot.

And even if you don't get SDD, you'll only have that one ride to do at RD, park closing, or just a regular standby wait. From what people have been posting, the standby times look fairly reasonable for a headliner. I'm not seeing many reports of the hour+ waits that 7DMT and FOP engender. But...you'll probably be okay with getting the FP.

Our trip is Nov 8 - 14th, with 6 park days from 11/8 - 11/13. Our HS day is 11/11, which is 60+4 I guess? and there was nothing. I also checked, just for fun, on 11/13, and also couldn't get anything except 8pm. We're not doing HS that day so I skipped it, but I was surprised. I was also unable to get 7DMT for any time on 60+2, or FOP for an afternoon/evening time at 60+5. I've never had trouble in the past getting either 7DMT or FOP for my preferred dates/times, so that was frustrating. But it's all good! We'll figure it out! :)

The basic strategy is to schedule the top headliners for later in your trip. Keep looking, something could become available.

I was there last yet that same week after Thanksgiving for a work conference at the Swan & Dolphin. The resorts felt very quiet and the parks and night were a bit sleepy, too. I hope you have fun, it is a great time to go!

We were there Wednesday 9/5. Closing was 8:30. We got in line at 8:23. Posted wait was 40 minutes. Actual wait: 11 minutes.
SDD is SO FUN in the dark!
I didn't want to get in line too early, so we did AS2 while waiting. We went 5 times in a row, total walk-ons, ride wasn't even full any of those times. They were still running both sides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter