My ESTA has vanished, what should I do?

Spike101

Affable gay geek
Afternoon all

I thought I'd double check my ESTA today and print off the authorisation page while I was at work, but now there's no record of my application, I remember it being approved in October and the money was deducted from my account, I fly on the 28th of Jan.

Has this happened to anyone else, and should I not panic and simply re-apply?

Many thanks

Spike.

I haven`t looked but is there a contact us button on the ESTA page?

I remember reading of a few people having that issue later last year, but not sure how they resolved it, I do know one person contacted them.

To be honest for $14 I`d just reapply, and it might even tell you that you alread have a valid ESTA when you do that. Good luck, we all know how stressful the ESTA form can be.

I haven`t looked but is there a contact us button on the ESTA page?

I remember reading of a few people having that issue later last year, but not sure how they resolved it, I do know one person contacted them.

To be honest for $14 I`d just reapply, and it might even tell you that you alread have a valid ESTA when you do that. Good luck, we all know how stressful the ESTA form can be.

Thanks Carole, in the end I tried applying for a new one and it wouldnt let me so I must (I assume) be in their system, I do have a screenshot of the authorisation on my phone if nothing else!

Thanks Carole, in the end I tried applying for a new one and it wouldnt let me so I must (I assume) be in their system, I do have a screenshot of the authorisation on my phone if nothing else!

Well, that`s good to know Spike, I can`t remember if that`s what happened to some other folks but at least you know you have the screenshot, that should be enough.

They were having glitches last year as they updated something or other, that`s probably the reason, but very frustrating for us that are worriers......lol......

Well, that`s good to know Spike, I can`t remember if that`s what happened to some other folks but at least you know you have the screenshot, that should be enough.

They were having glitches last year as they updated something or other, that`s probably the reason, but very frustrating for us that are worriers......lol......
Indeed, of all the hoops we have to jump through to travel, I'd assumed I'd already jumped through this one! :)

Looks like it's a website glitch as when I check my ESTA status, that part of the website isn't rendering properly, so it makes it appear that its missing.

Not relevant for the OP anymore, but what happened to me once: Not realizing that the ESTA is linked to the document as well, not just the person.
I had applied, got approved, and then realized my passport needed to be renewed. So I had to apply again.
And then at the airport my ESTA was nowhere to be found. (I made a typo, only discovered it afterwards with customer service) and I had to apply again. 3x$14 for one trip! :P

Afternoon all

I thought I'd double check my ESTA today and print off the authorisation page while I was at work, but now there's no record of my application, I remember it being approved in October and the money was deducted from my account, I fly on the 28th of Jan.

Has this happened to anyone else, and should I not panic and simply re-apply?

Many thanks

Spike.
You should have received an email confirming it has been approved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter