My Disneyland Trips - in a Nutshell!

DisneyGal_12

Disney Cal Gal
I've been to Disneyland 4 times. I was 6 years old when we went as a family in 1988. The following year, I was 7. The last two times I've gone have been more recent. I went in 2004 and also 2006.

My first and second times there are a bit of a blur. I was rather young, but I do remember riding the flying Dumbos, teacups, Pirates, Electric Light Parade, Captain EO, Space Mountain, Submarines, The Country Bears, Matterhorn, The Lincoln Story at the Opera house, Small world, Star Tours (the lines were REALLY long at the time), eating at the Stouffer's restaurant, meeting Mickey and Minnie, and of course, the train ride.

My last two times, I can of course remember more vividly. And, sadly, a few things have changed at the park. Captain EO is gone and so is the Electric Light Parade (although now moved to DCA.) The Swiss Family Robinson Tree House is now the Tarzan Tree House. Yet, those are rather minor changes to a place that's going strong for almost 53 years!

When we went in 1989, Splash Mountain was brand new! Unfortunately, it was so new that the lines were huge, and since Fast Passes were not around, it was either stay there or forfeit. So, I suppose we gave up on staying in line. Finally, when I got there in 2004, I was able to go on Splash Mountain. It was a lot of fun!

I was sad to see that the Country Bears were no longer around. I really liked watching them when I was a kid. I hope someday they'll come back to their senses and bring them back :yay:

All in all, every trip to Disneyland has held a very special place in my heart. I hope to return next year, as I am in need of a good dose of Disney feel good :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter