My Disneyland dining reviews, with pictures

Here is the Blue Bayou surf and turf. Filet Mignon and lobster tail :) Delicious of course.

582652_3448326139554_885202272_n.jpg

And here is the usual celebration desert at Blue Bayou, the chocolate mousse.

544729_3448327779595_1612730378_2769616_321891383_n.jpg

Breakfast wrap at Tangaroa Terrace- Yum! Decent price for a good filling breakfast.

DSC02397.jpg

Spaghetti at Plaza Inn-

DSC02655.jpg

Cobb Salad at Plaza Inn-

DSC02654.jpg

Chocolate Cake at Plaza Inn-

DSC02656.jpg

Strawberry Shortcake at Plaza Inn-

DSC02657.jpg

The desserts were enormous. I wish I had placed something by it so you could tell the size. The shortcake was larger than a softball. We should have either split dinner and shared a dessert or split dinner and eaten our own HUGE desserts! The Shortcake was wonderful. We were both sad that we didn't finish the desserts :( The dinner was just average, nothing special. There was some gold glitter on my DH's chocolate cake as you can see a little in the photo, it was weird! I imagine little kids like that though.

The breakfast platter at TT looks tasty! I tried that chocolate cake dessert at Plaza Inn on our Jan. trip. I had it packaged to take back to the hotel. Imagine my surprise when biting into it and finding the gold flakes!:goodvibes They were kinda crunchy and I must say ..yummy! I will be purchasing that again. And yes...you will want to share it...way too big for one person! The strawberry shortcake looks delish as well!

I always mean to add food photos from our trips, and seem to never get around to it. Time to change that! :goodvibes

Here are some from our late lunch at French Market on May 21st, which was a Fantasmic! AP event day:
FrenchMarket.jpg

This is the event Popcorn Shrimp plate. The shrimp was very tasty.
FantasmicAPeventPopcornShrimpplate.jpg

This cupcake was good, but there was so much frosting! There was a cherry filling which was pretty tasty.
DSCN3522.jpg

I had the Four-Cheese Pasta & Vegetable Gratin, and it was really good!
Four-CheesePastaVegetableGratin.jpg

And here are some from our visit to Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar:
We shared the fish tacos, and I have to say, they were excellent!
TraderSamsEnchantedTikiBarFishTacos.jpg

DH had the HippopotoMai-Tai, which he said was good but very strong.
TraderSamsEnchantedTikiBarHippopotoMai-Tai.jpg

Although they served his drink in a regular cup, DH did receive a souvenir Tiki Glass:
TraderSamsEnchantedTikiBarSouvenirTikiGlass.jpg

I always mean to add food photos from our trips, and seem to never get around to it. Time to change that! :goodvibes

Here are some from our late lunch at French Market on May 21st, which was a Fantasmic! AP event day:
FrenchMarket.jpg

This is the event Popcorn Shrimp plate. The shrimp was very tasty.
FantasmicAPeventPopcornShrimpplate.jpg

This cupcake was good, but there was so much frosting! There was a cherry filling which was pretty tasty.
DSCN3522.jpg

I had the Four-Cheese Pasta & Vegetable Gratin, and it was really good!
Four-CheesePastaVegetableGratin.jpg

And here are some from our visit to Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar:
We shared the fish tacos, and I have to say, they were excellent!
TraderSamsEnchantedTikiBarFishTacos.jpg

DH had the HippopotoMai-Tai, which he said was good but very strong.
TraderSamsEnchantedTikiBarHippopotoMai-Tai.jpg

Although they served his drink in a regular cup, DH did receive a souvenir Tiki Glass:
TraderSamsEnchantedTikiBarSouvenirTikiGlass.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics! I agree about the cupcakes at DLR, they are tasty but it is always too much frosting for me. I just scoop some of it off!:rolleyes1 Love the tiki glass from Trader Sam's, very cool!

Thanks for posting the pics! I agree about the cupcakes at DLR, they are tasty but it is always too much frosting for me. I just scoop some of it off!:rolleyes1 Love the tiki glass from Trader Sam's, very cool!

My boys will want the glass. How large is it as they will have to be packed in the suitcases somehow.

I'm just drooling from the pics , insomnia + munchies don't mix haha. Never have eaten at French Market before..methinks this needs to change! Everything looks so yummy.

Figment just got back from a fun visit to Disneyland. Carsland and the Matterhorn weren't open yet, but the Mad T Party was up and running. As usual, he enjoyed eating his way through DL and DCA.

French Market, Dinner
Seafood & Chicken Jambalaya - this one had some heat, but it was good.
DSC_0071.jpg

Roast Beef Royalé - lots of meat! The sauce was a little salty, but when mixed with the potatoes it tasted great.
DSC_0072.jpg

Herb & Garlic Salmon Creole and mint julep - the fish was moist and the rice was really yummy! And no meal at the French Market is complete with a mint julep.
DSC_0075.jpg

Redd Rockett's Pizza Port, Lunch
Asian Chicken Salad
DSC_0534.jpg

Chocolate Mousse Parfait
DSC_0538.jpg

R2D2 Parfait Holder - Figment, meet R2D2, the keeper of the parfait!
DSC_0542.jpg

Coke Corner
Chili Cheese Hot Dog (minus the cheese)
DSC_0588.jpg

Bengal BBQ - the chicken skewer, the beef skewer, and the asparagus wrapped with bacon skewer. Figment likes the bacon one the best!
DSC_0593.jpg

Jolly Holiday, Dinner
Jolly Holiday Salad - The spiced pecans were really good!
DSC_0590.jpg

Snacks
Mickey pretzel - makes a great breakfast (on vacation)!
DSC_0492.jpg

Matterhorn Macaroon (Jolly Holiday)
DSC_0678.jpg

Lemon Bar (Jolly Holiday) - tart, but still yummy
DSC_0674.jpg

Other
It's not a food picture, but they have Stitch Pillow Pets!
DSC_0332.jpg

Last edited:
The Jambalaya looks fantastic, but more importantly, my DD is going to die when she sees that pillow pet!!!!!!!!! We will be there in 10 days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter