My Disney Trifecta-Sea, World and Land

Diamondintheruff

<font color=magenta>Thinks she saw a flash!<br><fo
It all started as a lark about 4 years ago. My company offers self-funded leaves where they will hold back a portion of your pay and you give you a year off. I remember joking in the staff room about taking a year off to just to visit all the Disney parks. I never dreamed I really would.

It turned out to be a heartbreaking year at work. A friend at work lost their spouse in March and then a co-worker passed away on the job in April. I was reminded how precious life really is. I signed up for a two over three. I would be paid two thirds of my salary for three years but have the third year off.

It’s now the third year and I am in month two. I have already taken my first Disney Cruise, visited Disneyland for the first time and will be at Disneyworld next month. Not doing so badly if I do say so myself. To end off my year I will be back at Disneyland to run the Tinkerbelle half marathon in May. Not really a distance runner, but I’ve got another 6 months to turn myself into one.

Anyhow, I guess I should introduce myself. I work as a primary teacher. I usually cover the arts for kindergarten to grade 3. I been married for 19 years and am a mother to three teenagers. They are 17, 15 and 13. I love to teach, to dance and to sing and I love all things Disney.

My husband (DH) is self-employed and doesn’t share my love of Disney. My two oldest kids Eeoyre (DS17) and Cindy (DD15) enjoy Disney but my youngest Jedi (DS13) can take it or leave it. Then there is my four legged fur baby. He’s a four year old Malti-poo named “Abu”. Abu is really his real name as opposed to the rest of my family whose legal names are not the ones I listed.

Not all family members join me for each trip. In fact so far Jedi (DS13) is not coming on any of them but I suppose that could change. Don’t feel too sorry for him thought. We are Canadian and we live near Toronto. DH and Jedi are big sports fans mostly hockey and baseball but lately football too. They share season tickets for the Blue Jays with some other families. Now that the Jays are in the playoffs they’ve been having their own adventures.

With my year off I was going to attempt a “Disney Trifecta”. The Trifecta was originally going to be Disneyland California, Disneyworld Florida and then Euro Disney in France. Then I found a great deal on a repositioning cruise on the Disney Wonder and the Trifecta morphed into a land and sea combination instead. France was out and the cruise was in.

Part one of the Trifecta-Cruise. I would be cruising on the Wonder from Vancouver to San Diego with just DH. I know what you are thinking. If you end in San Diego and you live on the eastern side of the country and you’ve never been to Disneyland before surely you will be including a visit to Disneyland too. Sadly, you would be wrong. DH felt he would be “Disney’nd Out” with the cruise. As if there is such a thing. Obviously not for me. But not to worry, as Disneyland is part three.

Part Two-Disneyworld. This would be just Eeoyre (DS17) and I. We are going in November (he hates the heat) and hitting up the Christmas Party and the Food and Wine Festival. We’ve never gone anywhere just the two of us and I am looking forward to spending some one on one time with him before he heads off to University next year.

Part Three- Disneyland. Some friends of mine near Vancouver have convinced me to enter the Tinkerbell Half Marathon with them. My two oldest Eeoyre(DS17) and Cindy (DD15) will be joining me but not running. Never done anything longer than a 10k before and even that was almost a decade ago. This is to be my first trip to Disneyland although my Vancouver friends have been there before.

So if you’d like to follow along and find out how my Disney Trifecta turns out and I hope you do stay tuned as Part One-The Cruise is coming up next.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter