My Disney Planning Binder

Why did the thread died down? i need more ideas!! Starting my binder/planner :) Mostly to compile all my notes together. Most of my planning is done!

OK gang, here are some more ideas for those of you starting out. As I posted earlier, this is a 5.5 x 8.5" day planner book that I personalized for our family. (Dissers from the Creative forum may recognize some of their work here ;) for which I thank you). The book zips all the way around which helps to keep everything together.
There is another divider for each of the following:
Disney Cruise (our first, and boy is this section is getting full!)
Dining
"Mousellaneous"
"Money Matters" which I have included credit card company phone numbers, travellers cheques numbers, trip payment information, etc.
I also made my own Disney notebook paper:rolleyes1
And yes, before you ask, my family thinks I am insane!

Begin building your own planning book/binder at your own risk!

I realize that this is a VERY old post. But I was wondering if you could post in a little more detail about how you put together your binder? I am going to start one for my trip in Sep. 2016...I've been inspired by this thread.

I have sections in my binder for :
1) travel & packing : has my packing checklist with a separate list busted out of things to purchase along with flight info & info on my dog sitter etc back home

2) week overview - this has my most broad plans - less detailed; includes park hours calendar, TP & other crowd calendars and SOME OF THE GENERIC TPs we use when crowds are low...things like that

3) ADRS
This section evolves - I start with my wish list for ADRs & my second choice ADRs; then it becomes a list of ADRs & confirmation #s for each... I also have a spreadsheet I do that breaks down each day the different meal / snack credits so I am sure we don't leave any unused (or are prepared to pay OOP if needed). I have pulled menus before & let DH lol at them & usedthem to pick cheapest meal to pay OOP when we went over our credits.

4) tips & Tricks / characters & shows - I make a list of tips & tricks by park and things like character palooka info. This is more fluid & changes from trip to trip... When kids were young it had great rides for getting kids to breast feeding or dark rides to rest (nap) on... Now it's a conglomeration of random things I want to remember or do or find...

5) day by day - I have a spreadsheet for each day with detailed plans and a personalized TP for each day, this is the meat of the binder and comes together last.

I used to create an actual binder and carry with us but now I creat an electronic binder & email it to myself so I can access it easily in the parks.

I have sections in my binder for :
6) I used to also have a section full of stuff for the kids. It had their must do lists, and facts about the roller coasters for DS8 when he was obsessed with that type thing... I did several journaling pages one year when his teacher asked for something like that for a makeup grade ...I also have filled it with free printables from DMR website that I would use to entertain my kids on the plane - stickers & crayons were in pencil pouch ... But DS8 has mostly outgrown this (though I still print Disney themed word finds for him) & usually just carry a NEW Disney coloring book on the plane for DS4.

I include a separate packing list for going home! Or I highlight the items on the original packing list when packing to go home. Anything to help me not forget a favorite stuffed animal or charging cords at the hotel!

I do a section on Disney trivia. I print facts of each park, some movie quotes, random Florida trivia on business cards and we play in long lines. People around us always end up getting involved.

I do a section on Disney trivia. I print facts of each park, some movie quotes, random Florida trivia on business cards and we play in long lines. People around us always end up getting involved.

I am starting my disney planner/binder this weekend. I have been checking this thread out and several other places out and have a list of things I want to add to mine. I am going to use a zip around 5.5 x 8.5 planner.

I am starting my disney planner/binder this weekend. I have been checking this thread out and several other places out and have a list of things I want to add to mine. I am going to use a zip around 5.5 x 8.5 planner.
Love to see how you divide it up, and if you decorate them.

Here's my Disney planning binder. Since I use it a lot, I decided to design it and have it custom made.

600x449x20120826-151500-600x449.jpg.pagespeed.ic.ThkFGfOOQe.jpg

20120826-151527-600x449.jpg

20120826-151447-600x449.jpg

20120826-151534-600x449.jpg

I also designed the 8 index tabs for inside...

disneybindergroup1-600x449.jpg

The 8 tabs are labeled:
- General Info
- Hotel
- Dining
- Magic Kingdom
- EPCOT
- Hollywood Studios
- Animal Kingdom
- Everything Else

I pulled together 100 links for the kinds of things I put in each of those sections. Links to all downloads at http://wdwprepschool.com/a-peek-inside-my-disney-world-binder-100-free-downloads/

I absolutely love this folder, could you tell me is it possible to get one just like it? please didn't know how to PM on this site

I absolutely love this folder, could you tell me is it possible to get one just like it? please didn't know how to PM on this site
I love that binder as well. Nan1217 says the company that made it is no longer but she lists another company on her site. Here is the link http://wdwprepschool.com/a-peek-inside-my-disney-world-binder-100-free-downloads/ If I remember correctly, the original binder was custom made and very expensive. The Zazzle store seems to be around $25 for a binder.

I need to make a binder to pass some time while I impatiently wait for park hours and events to be updated for August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter