My Disney Planning Binder

Kat73

DIS Veteran
Someone from the other thread requested to see the scrapbooked Disney journal/travel binder I made to take on my trip. Wasn't really sure where to post it so here goes!

I knew I'd never get around to actually scrapbooking my trip- and all my pictures I mostly keep Digital now anyway- so I wanted a travel binder/planner that could become a keepsake, but also be a smaller version of my own Passporter, with pockets and junk. I also like to write, so I wanted just regular journal pages so I could keep a travel diary while I was there, and make notes for future trips.

I bought a 5x7 blank book at Walmart very cheap. Had a nice sturdy cover and blank pages, the binding and type of which my picky writer self would be happy with. But... hello plain!! And I am a huge sucker for the very large scrapbooking store at my local mall.

IMG_0548.jpg

I bought scrapbooking paper I liked, cut it to fit some of the pages. I used the 'covered pages' to divide up sections.

Most of these pages I left blank on the way down, and used to make notes on money spent as I was at disney. Some never got used and served merely as section dividers. On one I wrote the park hours and EMH days (only the info I knew would pertain to my plans, not EVERYTHING).
IMG_0563.jpg

I also made pockets out of scrapbooking paper so that i had pockets to hold all sorts of junk. Here are a couple examples of pockets and what I put in them:

IMG_0557.jpg

The one above, on the way down, held my Mousekeeper envelopes and blank cards for just in case. Once I got to Disney I used the pockets to hold Misc. whatnot

This next one held cards with my hotel reservation info, trip insurance info, and a card with my budgeting whatnot. Yes I am an overobsessive, overplanning OCD person with the planning, but it makes me happy LOL.

IMG_0554.jpg

This one had a pocket with an envelope to hold all my reciepts-. On the opposite side of the page, I had the google directions from my dad's place at the beach to Disney (I did a split vacation)
IMG_0555.jpg

Then in between all of this, I had blank journal pages that I decorated with stickers. This is where I did my journalling, although I ALSO had a page per day with that day's information: ADRS, Park plans, special events or things to remember.

IMG_0560.jpg

some more random pictures :

IMG_0566.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

i also pasted maps in but this didn't wind up being very helpful, as I used the disney maps since they fit in my hipster bag pocket LOL
IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

I had lots of fun making this and am already setting one up for my Fall trip. Hope it helps someone I know I am a dork with the OCD planning and scrapping of planning LOL!

I love it! It's so fun. Something like that would make me want to get back into journaling, especially if it was about a Disney trip. I may just borrow some of your ideas for my next trip.:cheer2:

Love your book. I too love to journal my trip. One small suggestion, if you tear out a page every few pages, it won't be so thick and will lie closed better. That way when you add paper, it will replace the pages you've torn out. I have to do it this way because I'm always adding to my journal. And it would never close. Your book is really great.

Hey that's a really great idea! :) I'll have to remember that with the next one. My book definitely got fat by the time I stuffed junk in it LOL.

My solution was I had a whole spool of lime green ribbon :rolleyes1 and I used some for a bookmark but I also used one piece to tie around the book to keep it closed.

love the idea! a great way to keep it all together! i think planning is 1/2 of the fun :-)
shannon

Love your book! :thumbsup2 I always say I'm going to keep a trip journal during our vacations, but never seem to do it. Making something like this might be enough inspiration to make me follow through!

Ooooh, I looove it!!! I might make a tiny one as I have my passporter but if a can get on that is about passpocket size and write important info in and use for my in park journal that would be awesome!

I'll not be able to make it a tenth as cute as yours though!!

I stole your idea to make a planning notebook (instead of a binder) for our Hawaii trip! I love it! Thanks for the great idea!

Thanks guys! Glad ya'll liked it :) and of course would love to see pictures if anybody else makes one. Now that I'm officially going back in the fall, I'm scouting out a new journal for the next trip LOL. Somehow I never have time to scrapbook stuff after the trip is over, but THIS i can do. LOL

I purchased a 5.5 x 8.5" day planner type binder from Walmart that I am in the process of turning in to my "Disney Binder". I removed all of the calendars, etc. it came with and have been creating my own pages. It is quite addicting, these Disney binders!!!!
I am more than willing to post pics of the parts I have completed if anyone is interested......
:goodvibes

I purchased a 5.5 x 8.5" day planner type binder from Walmart that I am in the process of turning in to my "Disney Binder". I removed all of the calendars, etc. it came with and have been creating my own pages. It is quite addicting, these Disney binders!!!!
I am more than willing to post pics of the parts I have completed if anyone is interested......
:goodvibes
Please do!!!!

Maybe you've started a huge trend!!! I will certainly be making one! Everybody should post photos of their ideas!! :)

thanks so much for posting! i am also suffer from ocd when it comes to planning anything. i'm totally going to steal your idea!

I love your book, it's a great idea!!! Thank you for sharing it as I too may be "stealing" it. :thumbsup2

Carla

OK gang, here are some more ideas for those of you starting out. As I posted earlier, this is a 5.5 x 8.5" day planner book that I personalized for our family. (Dissers from the Creative forum may recognize some of their work here ;) for which I thank you). The book zips all the way around which helps to keep everything together.

Outside spine (sticker on the spine I purchased from Michaels):
000_0044.jpg

Inside (notice zip pocket, credit card slots, etc):
000_0045.jpg

000_0046.jpg

One of many planning sheets:
000_0047.jpg

Resort Information:
000_0048.jpg

Park specific dividers. On the back of the title page I put park maps:
000_0049.jpg

000_0050.jpg

Front Cover pocket (great for passports, boarding passes, etc):
000_0051.jpg

And last, but not least, the super handy handles! (they go in when not in use):
000_0052.jpg

There is another divider for each of the following:
Disney Cruise (our first, and boy is this section is getting full!)
Dining
"Mousellaneous"
"Money Matters" which I have included credit card company phone numbers, travellers cheques numbers, trip payment information, etc.
I also made my own Disney notebook paper:rolleyes1
And yes, before you ask, my family thinks I am insane!

Begin building your own planning book/binder at your own risk!

Wow!! I love it! It's like you've made your very own passporter!! (But prettier I must say! ;)

OK gang, here are some more ideas for those of you starting out. As I posted earlier, this is a 5.5 x 8.5" day planner book that I personalized for our family. (Dissers from the Creative forum may recognize some of their work here ;) for which I thank you). The book zips all the way around which helps to keep everything together.

There is another divider for each of the following:
Disney Cruise (our first, and boy is this section is getting full!)
Dining
"Mousellaneous"
"Money Matters" which I have included credit card company phone numbers, travellers cheques numbers, trip payment information, etc.
I also made my own Disney notebook paper:rolleyes1
And yes, before you ask, my family thinks I am insane!

Begin building your own planning book/binder at your own risk!

You are not insane. You are a planning GODDESS!!! I am in awe of your book ... it's really amazing. Thanks for sharing the photos and details! :goodvibes

Can I ask where you got your planner?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter