My Disney Experience

Laura of the Fields

Earning My Ears
Is anyone else having issues linking family reservations to their accounts. I've e-mailed 3 times and chatted to 4 different cast memebers. I can't seem to connect my mom from her account to my account.
It keeps coming up with an error message.

Also, what's the deal with each adult having to have their own disney account to be linked to eachother. I think it just needs to be the manager of each reservation have their own account.
I have spent countless hours trying to get two reservations worth of guests linked together and I still have a third to link but don't want to until I have one done correctly.

And no, I have not called. I don't want to make international calls on my cellphone and their is no 800 number for disney, as per the cast members I have spoken to.

I have linked three adult accounts to mine recently but had to call every single time, because I too got that error message over and over. They were always able to link it right away over the phone.

I also have several adult that I "manage" and who do not have their own MDE account. But I bought their tickets all together with ours, so maybe you can't do that if they bought their tickets separately.

I could not link 3 accounts by myself. I called the IT # and got it straightened out in 5 minutes.

I could not figure out how to link my husband but it turned out he had to do something.

As to why adults need their own account? My husband likes to see what the heck we are all doing. I suppose he can log in as me...

I manage my parents account (neither has their own logon) and have successfully added their hotel stay and tickets (booked by them) I am also linked to my sister, her fiancé and my husband who each have their own accounts. Each person who has their own account does have to agree to the link before you can really see them though.

Also, what's the deal with each adult having to have their own disney account to be linked to eachother. I think it just needs to be the manager of each reservation have their own account.

Well, they don't. My husband, my MIL, and my FIL are all adults and they're all in my MDE account. None of them has their own. I manage them all. Which is the only time in the history of ever that my MIL lets me take charge and set our schedule! LOL.

As to why adults need their own account? My husband likes to see what the heck we are all doing. I suppose he can log in as me...
My wife and i share a MDE account under my name. We can both be on the app at the same time no issues.

Myself and my son were good to go from our trip last year.

We were adding my ex-wife (who is meeting us there) and a friend of hers. I had no trouble linking my ex and thought we had the friend taken care of.

around midnight when I sat down to do FP+ the friend was not linked. We called Disney and it took like 5 minutes and we were linked up and ready to go.

I have spent countless hours trying to get two reservations worth of guests linked together and I still have a third to link but don't want to until I have one done correctly.

The CM I spoke to today through chat specifically said each adult had to have their own account with separate email address for me to be able to manage their fastpass and for them to link the memory maker to everyone's magic band.

Only children under 13 didn't require their own accounts.

The CM I spoke to today through chat specifically said each adult had to have their own account with separate email address for me to be able to manage their fastpass and for them to link the memory maker to everyone's magic band.

That isnt true, or at least wasnt last year. I was able to book FP for my wife using our only acct. We will see if this changes for us for our Dec trip, but wont know for a while yet.

The only way i think that is true is if you didnt buy all the tickets like i did for my family. Perhaps if going with other family who paid for their own that would be necessary.

This is totally wrong information. As many of us have stated, we manage multiple adults in one account. Unfortunately, sometimes CMs give out the wrong information.

ETA: I have a trip coming up in June. I've already made all of our FP+s for everyone in our group, including my husband, who doesn't have his own MDE account and instead is managed by me. This will be our 4th trip with FP+ and I've always made his for him. He's never had his own account.

As per usual, phone cms do not know what they are talking about.

One of the times that I recently called Disney they said that they found multiple accounts for me and they merged them. My kids and my husband now all have three accounts that show up on my account. As I've been making ADR's and I select my party I don't know if I'm picking the right account. Afraid when I stay up late to start making my fast pass reservations I won't have the right accounts linked to the right people/tickets. How do I get all the extra accounts removed from my account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter