cleamon24

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone,

My wife and I are going on a Disney World vacation in September. I have been setting up our Park Reservations and our MDE apps. One issue that has been an absolute thorn in my side is when I pull up the ‘My Genie Day’ tab in the app it shows the wrong park at the top. I go and check the ‘Future Plans’ tab and our Park Reservations are all correct. So far, the Park Reservations are the only things we have booked, so I am super confused why on two out of four days it shows the wrong park in ‘My Genie Day’.

I am super concerned because I don’t want this to impact our Lightning Lane, Gebie+, and/or Virtual Queue reservations. I have tried to sign out and sign in, uninstall the app and reinstall, and I even canceled and remade our Park Reservations thinking there was just a glitch with the original reservations.

I know this is a LONG question, but any help would be super appreciated! 😊

I wouldn’t worry about it. I almost always have the wrong park show up in “My Genie Day” and have never had issues booking VQ’s or LL’s at the correct park… it’s only caused me an extra step to see the right park… and a smidge of annoyance 😉

Hello Everyone,

My wife and I are going on a Disney World vacation in September. I have been setting up our Park Reservations and our MDE apps. One issue that has been an absolute thorn in my side is when I pull up the ‘My Genie Day’ tab in the app it shows the wrong park at the top. I go and check the ‘Future Plans’ tab and our Park Reservations are all correct. So far, the Park Reservations are the only things we have booked, so I am super confused why on two out of four days it shows the wrong park in ‘My Genie Day’.

I am super concerned because I don’t want this to impact our Lightning Lane, Gebie+, and/or Virtual Queue reservations. I have tried to sign out and sign in, uninstall the app and reinstall, and I even canceled and remade our Park Reservations thinking there was just a glitch with the original reservations.

I know this is a LONG question, but any help would be super appreciated! 😊
I always have to change the park up near the top of the screen, all four park choices are there. It’s not automatic.

Oh my! Yikes. TOP TIP: we’re talking Disney IT here, lower your expectations of their app before you lose your mind. For instance, the app isn’t smart enough to just know what park you’re supposed to be in on that screen.

In the app’s defense (I can’t believe I’m saying that) My Disney Genie Day is for the literal day you are in the park. It’s not for pre-planning. It’s for booking stuff that day. If you tell Genie your park that day it might bring that park up as the first one you see. But, you have to tell it. Your phone may be smart, but Genie ain’t.

Thank you all for the replies!! They helped calm me down! I was pretty sure this whole thing is me just being too OCD, but it does help to know we shouldn’t have any issues while making reservations with Genie+ and Lightning Lanes 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter