my dh does not know we are going to WDW

davisdenyel

Mouseketeer
As alot of you might know from my posts that I am going to Disney either Oct or Nov. I already have the house we are going to stay at reserved for the first week of Nov but I might change the date. I have mentioned to my dh in the past that I would like to go to WDW again but we never really talked about it. He works and I am a sahm to our 3 children. I have been making money on a couple of gpt sites and a couple of other sites without my dh knowing (well he knows but I guess he does not realize how much I am making. He has never asked so I never said anything). If he knew I was making this money he would take it for the bills then we would never get to go to WDW again. So far I have the place we are staying payed off and bought our Sea World Tickets. And now I have enough money to buy a 4 day magic your way pass (with one free day so 5 days). I am expecting like another $3,285 in different payments wich all will be here by June. So I have most of the trip paid off. Hopefully by the time we are ready to go I will have everything paid for gas, food and the spending money. We are driving so I dont need to buy plane tickets or rent a car. I do feel guilty planning this without him knowing but if he knew he would say we could not afford it (even though we can). So I think if I dont tell him until most of it is payed off he should be fine with it and realize it really can happen. Because he really does want the kids to go back. Has anyone else ever planned a trip without their s/o knowing? If so when did you decide to tell them about your vacation? Sorry I am rambling but DIS is the only place that I can get excited about our vacation right now.

Maybe you could tell him for his Father's Day gift.

I would tell him soon. Will he need to ask off from work? I would want him to be able to take care of everything that he needs before it gets to late. Congrats on making the extra money to take care of a vacation that is really great.

Not sure I could this. Its one thing to suprise someone with a trip, if you know they will appreciate it and that "this money should go for bills" is not in the back of their mind. I hope he takes it all in the spirit it is given, good luck and enjoy WDW.

I love this! How exciting to plan a surprise trip! Also would love to know more about the gpt. I might could use the money for the same thing (I've been hinting at a Disney get away for just mom and dad...)

How do you make that much money of gpt sites? Do you have to spend alot to make that much? I always worry about giving out my cc# and getting ripped off. :surfweb:

Yea it is sneaky. But he will be happy when he realizes that we can actually do it. As far as taking off of work that wont be a problem as he is self employed (Chiropractor). So He will not need that much notice to take off of work. If anyone is interested in a gpt site or has questions you can email me davisdenyel@gmail.com .

How do you make that much money of gpt sites? Do you have to spend alot to make that much? I always worry about giving out my cc# and getting ripped off. :surfweb:

Not all of it was made on gpt sites some of it was made on diy (do it yourself) sites to. But yes all of it was done on the internet. No you dont have to spend a whole lot to make alot. For most of the offers I used my paypal account or a prepaid visa gf (gift card) not my actuall cc.

I, just in general, have problems with dishonesty and hiding things in a marriage. The fact that you can't sit down with him, disclose how much money you are making, discuss a Disney trip, show him how you can afford it, and make a savings plan together worries me.

I, just in general, have problems with dishonesty and hiding things in a marriage. The fact that you can't sit down with him, disclose how much money you are making, discuss a Disney trip, show him how you can afford it, and make a savings plan together worries me.

I have not lied about anything. If he asks anything I would tell him. I would love if he suprised me with a vacation all paid for :) . He is just one of those people that if someone does not make it happen it will never happen. And I am not really hiding anything I of course do plan on telling him. Its not like I am doing something that I am going to keep to myself forever. I look at is as a suprise when its all paid for then he will be told. All the stress was on me getting it paid for not him.

I stand by what I said. I don't care what spin you put on it to rationalize what you are doing. You ARE hiding this from him. From my view of relationships, and I have a great one of almost 9 years, you are partners. You are a team. Your money is his money and vice versa. You should be able to sit down and discuss something as simple as saving for a vacation. The fact that you feel like you have to hide it from him is the red flag here. Unless you really do need the money for bills and would rather go to Disney than pay them...
I don't buy that you are doing this to surprise him. You are doing this because you want to go and you are afraid he won't agree with you.

I stand by what I said. I don't care what spin you put on it to rationalize what you are doing. You ARE hiding this from him. From my view of relationships, and I have a great one of almost 9 years, you are partners. You are a team. Your money is his money and vice versa. You should be able to sit down and discuss something as simple as saving for a vacation. The fact that you feel like you have to hide it from him is the red flag here. Unless you really do need the money for bills and would rather go to Disney than pay them...
I don't buy that you are doing this to surprise him. You are doing this because you want to go and you are afraid he won't agree with you.

We have been together now for a little over 8 years and yes we have a good relationship. If my husband was that kind of guy that I could talk to him about something so simple I would. But he is not that type of guy. Everything is a BIG deal when it never is. No I dont feel we need the money for bills. He always feels that way. Every penny made has to be put away. Our bills are in good shape. We have 1 cc for emergencies only. Our cars are paid for. We pay for everything cash. The only payments we have is our 2 house payments and of course utilities. And its not only because I want to go its really for my kids. If I dont just jump in and take care of this my kids will never get the chance to do it again and Julia will never get the chance to go. In 8+ years we have been on vacation once. And its never been because we could not afford it. And yes my husband is a great man but things are not always so simple to him.

I am very impressed - you have done a great job and I don't consider that dishonest at all.

If I were doing this I would give this to him as a Father's Day present - prefacing it by telling him that he can't always expect a present like this but he has worked hard this year and you have to! By then it sounds like most everything will be paid for.

Liz

I am very impressed - you have done a great job and I don't consider that dishonest at all.

If I were doing this I would give this to him as a Father's Day present - prefacing it by telling him that he can't always expect a present like this but he has worked hard this year and you have to! By then it sounds like most everything will be paid for.

Liz

Thank you! I think its a great idea to tell him on fathers day. I cant wait to see the look on his face when I tell him it already all paid for. My kids will be so excited I think I will tell them on my oldest sons birthday in August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter