My day at MK today

MickeyOCD

Mouseketeer
Just wanted to give a little report on how my day went today at MK. It's a MNSSHP day & MK closes to general public at 7 pm. It was also an EMH morning, so we were able to get in at 8 am today. We were a party of 7, and headed to 7DMT right off (didn't have FPs) & do to one member of our party's late arrival, we entered the STBY line at 8:30 (between 8 & 8:30 while waiting we rode Tea Cups, Dumbo, & Barnstormer - no waits)& was on the train within 30 min (posted STBY wait time of 45 min). Due to the huge draw of 7DMT & A&E M/G, Space Mtn was a walk on as well as Buzz. We had a FP for later for Buzz, so we changed it to Jungle Cruise (since by this time it's wait time was the longest of those rides we wanted). Then we went to BTMRR & rode STBY, waited 20 min, posted at 30 min. Walked to POC, posted 30 min, took 30 min. BOG for lunch (had FP). After lunch, did Philharmagic stby (10 min wait), and Splash Mtn (FP). Then Jungle Cruise (FP), stopped for a Dole Whip, Haunted Mansion, posted 30 min, waited 20 min, then Peter Pan (FP). Lastly we did ETWB, posted 25 min, waited 15 & Carousel of Progress, walk on. Left the park by 6:45. All in all we had a good day, didn't wait more than 30 min for any ride. Can ride the MTN's 1st thing with little to no waits due to popularity of 7DMT & A/E.

Well that's good news!

I wonder what the 7DMT line is like on a non-EMH morning. Probably much longer than 30 minutes a half hour after the park opens!

Awesome, sounds like you had a successful day! Those are great wait times, especially for some of the attractions that you did. I do agree that with A&E and SDMT other attractions are less busy....

The only reason 7DMT was 30 min was because it was EMH & there was no FP filtering into the line so STBY went quick. Just wanted people to know there is an option for lower wait times on STBY if you can't get a FP. An EMH morning is your best bet. Could have done it twice during EMH if my party had all been together at opening. But regular day guest go to 7DMT 1 st thing also so early morning at MK are still the best option.

Sounds like a perfect day - you're so lucky to be there now!

I'm drawing a blank - what is ETWB? I haven't been to the parks in a couple of years, so all of this FP strategy is new to me, but I've been following along a bit...you can get a FP for a restaurant and the parade? I think BOG is the fast food place in the new Fantasy Land, right? And is the A&E meet and greet the hottest ticket out there now? I haven't even seen the movie because my 2 boys are older now, so I'm surprised by how much attention it's getting...so much to catch up on when I finally have a trip to plan!

Enjoy the rest of your stay!

Linda

Sounds like you worked well with the system! Good job!

I agree, ehm are fast coming back on my radar as a way to ride the headliners - especially if I want to ride more than once!

Glad to hear things went well!

Sounds great! Oct-Nov is one of the best times to be at Disney IMO.

Just wanted to give a little report on how my day went today at MK. It's a MNSSHP day & MK closes to general public at 7 pm. It was also an EMH morning, so we were able to get in at 8 am today. We were a party of 7, and headed to 7DMT right off (didn't have FPs) & do to one member of our party's late arrival, we entered the STBY line at 8:30 (between 8 & 8:30 while waiting we rode Tea Cups, Dumbo, & Barnstormer - no waits)& was on the train within 30 min (posted STBY wait time of 45 min). Due to the huge draw of 7DMT & A&E M/G, Space Mtn was a walk on as well as Buzz. We had a FP for later for Buzz, so we changed it to Jungle Cruise (since by this time it's wait time was the longest of those rides we wanted). Then we went to BTMRR & rode STBY, waited 20 min, posted at 30 min. Walked to POC, posted 30 min, took 30 min. BOG for lunch (had FP). After lunch, did Philharmagic stby (10 min wait), and Splash Mtn (FP). Then Jungle Cruise (FP), stopped for a Dole Whip, Haunted Mansion, posted 30 min, waited 20 min, then Peter Pan (FP). Lastly we did ETWB, posted 25 min, waited 15 & Carousel of Progress, walk on. Left the park by 6:45. All in all we had a good day, didn't wait more than 30 min for any ride. Can ride the MTN's 1st thing with little to no waits due to popularity of 7DMT & A/E.

Thanks for posting! We are doing the same thing on November 19th - EMH in the morning and park closes at 7 for MVMCP.

Thanks for the report! We'll be there for our first time beginning on Wednesday, including MK on Thursday for a.m. EMH and early close for a party. Hoping the crowds and wait times are as manageable then as they were for you! I've been nervous about crowds, so your report is encouraging.

We arreived on Main St for nine (non hotel guest) so found it very busy today. Queued at 9.10 for 7DMT and it took 45mins in standby queue. After that we went for lovely breakfast at Beauty&Beast and then our 3 FP+ rides Thunder, Space and Indy Cars) which we raced through.

We did a couple of other minor rides but did find the park REALLY busy today for standby (45 mins for Both Pirates and Haunted Mansion at 11:00am and at 1:00pm too) - and not unlike a peak day in July we're more used to, so we decided to cut the day short and lounge by the pool. There were no FP+ rides we were interested in.

Edit- just checked My Disney Experience and it doesnt say MK is an EMM. I presume it was a last minute thing but it's a bit frustrating to non-hotel guests to find this out as we would have gone to a different park today had we known. Still I suppose it reaffirms that those of us who don't stay on site are seen as second class guests by Disney now :(

Yeah...all the business is at the MK.

Disney is operating three other parks on property and I bet everything was a "walk-on" or near-so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter