My baby is already one :(

CampbellzSoup

Son. Husband. Father.
Hey everyone thank you for letting me share this with you as it took me a long time and a lot of rough struggles and a really rocky road to become a father.

Out of all times for it to happen it happened during the COVID-19 pandemic however with everything bad in the world they always come something good!

For those who had kids before and for those who are going to have kids how does it feel after your baby is one do you miss the baby times or do you cherish the more toddler/adult times?!

Anyway sorry to bother you guys I just thought I love this community and I honestly have a tattoo on my arm Mickey Mouse because during the fireworks wishes I remember I wish for a healthy baby boy and it came true!

Attachments

• 1FF76046-F845-4B17-9535-674B61E7A0DD.jpeg
    1FF76046-F845-4B17-9535-674B61E7A0DD.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 106
  • 5DAAC837-1C59-4B0E-83BD-C4BE502995C3.jpeg
    5DAAC837-1C59-4B0E-83BD-C4BE502995C3.jpeg
    100.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 195239F8-FD08-46E9-880F-B4EBAEF7D281.jpeg
    195239F8-FD08-46E9-880F-B4EBAEF7D281.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 101
Take it all in because the years go by fast. We are empty nesters now and would love to go back and have them small again for a bit.

You still have milestones to go , first full day with no diapers, first day of school, first lost tooth….learning to swim, drive etc.

He is so cute. Cherish him everyday toddler years are fun , their great entertainment too. Kids say the funniest things.

Mine was one about 12 minutes ago and now he’s 6 years old. I can’t stand it. He’ll be getting married and I’ll be just getting ready to teach him the real grown up stuff… like don’t drive at night and don’t have loser friends who seek your demise.

my mom said the hardest time was when her first baby turned 50. i sometimes wonder how she would have felt if she had last another month to see me-her youngest baby turn 50 as well

the years go by fast-enjoy them. my toddlers still wanted to be babied-heck my 20 somethings do as well.

My baby is now 21 months and sometimes I say to my hubs, where did our baby go? I do miss his baby fat and his willingness to just be still to be cuddled. Now he’s always on the go and cuddles last seconds! At this stage though, I do love seeing his personality start to develop and he’s forming his own opinions. He’s starting to understand more and I love seeing how gentle he is to all the dogs he meets. He’s definitely a lover!

As your son gets older, you’ll definitely miss certain things about him but then you’ll find new things that you love about him. Enjoy every second for sure!

You will blink and she/he will be a teenager. It goes by so incredibly fast. Enjoy it and savor it.

Next up is terrible two's! (really not that terrible LOL). Then the school-aged years (I can tell the first day of kindergarten will be rough for you) then the tween years (hold on tight for those, the hormones are killer), then the teen years when they start to come back to you a little. Good luck, parenting is not for the faint of heart.

My baby is now 28 and married. I remember when he was turning 1, I cried and cried. How did the first year go by so quickly? Going from babyhood to toddlerhood was rough and I had no clue how great it would be. As a PP stated, each phase/age was better than the last. Just loved seeing him learn about the world, to experience so many new things each day. I did miss those baby days but I then loved the 2nd year and then the 3rd year, etc. Will there be tough times? Sure thing. However, it is all wonderful and many of the milestones made me tear up.

Enjoy the years, they fly by.

So there is a saying ..
Days go by slow and years go by fast.

I remember when my ds25 was born now he is off in the world making is own bad choices and I cant stop him like I did when he was 6.
There are so many first and last coming in the years ahead. And yes I do miss watching him take is first steps and hear his first words. He is such a great young man and now I'm looking forward to being with my DH just me and him again.
I use to think 1st birthday was hard... then came 1st day of school .... and then the hardest of them all 1st day of senior year and dropping him off at college and driving away.
My first born was starting his senior year the same day my youngest was going to kinder I was a complete mess.
*We still have 2 kids DS11, DS14 at home so we are not quite done yet.

Very nice, CS. As said above many times, the years go by so very quickly. Enjoy every moment. My 'kids' are in their 40's now, and I see my grandkids years going so fast now before my eyes. Enjoy the moments.

So there is a saying ..

I remember when my ds25 was born now he is off in the world making is own bad choices and I cant stop him like I did when he was 6.
There are so many first and last coming in the years ahead. And yes I do miss watching him take is first steps and hear his first words. He is such a great young man and now I'm looking forward to being with my DH just me and him again.
I use to think 1st birthday was hard... then came 1st day of school .... and then the hardest of them all 1st day of senior year and dropping him off at college and driving away.
My first born was starting his senior year the same day my youngest was going to kinder I was a complete mess.
*We still have 2 kids DS11, DS14 at home so we are not quite done yet.

I actually think that is so cool that you have kids at such different ages it’s such a cool experience and different!

He is adorable!!!!

For those who had kids before and for those who are going to have kids how does it feel after your baby is one do you miss the baby times or do you cherish the more toddler/adult times?!

I'm another one who loved something different about every stage when my DS was little. Baby was fun because they're just so cute, toddler was fun watching them explore, preschool was fun because we could go so many places... You'll definitely find new things to enjoy as he grows.

So there is a saying ..

Truer words were never spoken!

I actually think that is so cool that you have kids at such different ages it’s such a cool experience and different!
Our older kids had a very " normal" life but these two younger ones are spoiled rotten. The older kids make comments all the time. " when we were young we went on vacations that were in reasonable driving distance my little brothers go to Disney every March and go on vacation every winter"

Our older kids had a very " normal" life but these two younger ones are spoiled rotten. The older kids make comments all the time. " when we were young we went on vacations that were in reasonable driving distance my little brothers go to Disney every March and go on vacation every winter"

Yup it’s always like that the youngest get spoiled!

Your son is adorable! Congratulations to you and Happy Birthday to him!

We, too, had a very difficult journey to having our son - just not during the pandemic :) He'll be 6 on Wednesday, but it feels like he was born just yesterday. That little tiny baby that fit neatly in the crook of DH's arm is now taller than my chest height. I do miss the baby times...just sitting and holding him all day, rubbing my cheek on that little bit of soft hair on his head. But despite the attitude - you'd think he was a teenager already, not 6 :sad2: - it's also fun with him being older. We've always done fun things with him, but now he's old enough to remember them and offer up his own ideas, too. There is still so much to look forward to. I just wish it wouldn't come so fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter