my alli anyone?

d4est

<font color=orange><b>The Tag Fairy is really Ghos
Hi there. I did try the search, just to be thorough. (I knew it wouldn't work, lol) Anyone out there trying the new alli--the over the counter version of Orlistat/Xenical? I bought it at Walmart & am ready to give it a shot.

I would love to hear from others that are going to try it or from anyone who has used the prescription version. I believe the only difference is the doseage. Prescription=120mg, over the counter=60mg

Anyone??

Thanks!

I got scared when I read the side effects.:scared: I think I might wait for to hear some info on how well it works. Im kinda chicken when it comes to "pills".

I guess you have to be careful & take according to the directions, watching your fat intake. It is worth a shot to me...

On The View Margaret Cho was saying she tried it, and had the "side effect" of "shooting orange" not just normal loose or diahria, but SHOOTING - and Barbara Walters mentioned until your body gets used to it, and until you figure out the effects, stay close to the toilet, and keep extra clothes handy (one friend had a prescrip for it, stopped taking it when she had 2 night time "accidents"!!)

Joy added that the weight loss with the pill wasnt that dramatic - maybe an extra 2# to every 10# of loss - and that the pill is expensive about $2 per pill...

But I do want the magic weight loss... any weight loss, I'm dieting, I"m exercizing, and I'm staying the same!!

I started today, and I am scared to death. I don't want any of the "side effects"... so I've been really careful about what I'm eating. I guess I need the threat of "shooting orange" to keep me on track!

I don't need to lose a TON of weight, about 13 pounds, but I want to lose it!! I've stayed the same for 6 months, after losing 20 last year. So far, so good. I'm thirsty, but that's the only difference I can tell so far.

Hi there. I did try the search, just to be thorough. (I knew it wouldn't work, lol) Anyone out there trying the new alli--the over the counter version of Orlistat/Xenical? I bought it at Walmart & am ready to give it a shot.

I would love to hear from others that are going to try it or from anyone who has used the prescription version. I believe the only difference is the doseage. Prescription=120mg, over the counter=60mg

Anyone??

Thanks!

I started it yesterday. I used Xenical years ago (over 6 yrs) and I lost 17 lbs in 2 months! I kept my fat intake low and didn't experience any "lava flow", KWIM? :lmao:

Let's keep eachother posted and see how we do! Good luck! :goodvibes

Glad I''m not alone. I started yesterday and made it through today w/out any signs of orange, lol. So far, so good. Just the threat keeps me on the straight & narrow!

No side effects here. I started on monday, and have lost 1.4 pounds. I've been really good about not eating more then 10 grams of fat at each meal. I don't know how much my loss is the alli, or just not eating much. I've actually been a little constipated. Sorry, that's TMI... at least it's not orange stuff.

No side effects here. I started on monday, and have lost 1.4 pounds. I've been really good about not eating more then 10 grams of fat at each meal. I don't know how much my loss is the alli, or just not eating much. I've actually been a little constipated. Sorry, that's TMI... at least it's not orange stuff.

Hey, no fair! I found your 1.4 pounds! What the heck is going on??? :confused3 I have no idea what is going on, except maybe it's a little bit of water retention. Oh, and I've had no side effects either. Thank goodness! ;)

Just a little FYI - you have to drink TONS of water or you will get constipated.

Hey is everyone taking a multi-vitamin as well? I just bought some Centrum today as I understand taking alli messes up your bodys ability to absorb vitamins from food.

Hope everyone has a good week. Shall we check in next Monday with weight loss amounts?

Hey guys. I haven't had any side effects either. I am down 2.4 pounds. I am going to switch to low carb on Sunday. Hope you are all doing well.

I bought alli last night. I've joined the site and I'm going to add it to the regimine that I'm already following. It can only help. I'm actually going to take it VERY slowly. I don't want any "Liquid Sunshine" shooting from my behind.

Uh, oh! Had a little activity.... but not an "accident" per say. It I've still had low fat meals, so not sure where it came from. The only difference is I started my vitamin last night. I'm down 2 pounds since Monday, so I'm pleased. 10.6 to go!!

Uh, oh! Had a little activity.... but not an "accident" per say. It I've still had low fat meals, so not sure where it came from. The only difference is I started my vitamin last night. I'm down 2 pounds since Monday, so I'm pleased. 10.6 to go!!

Oh my gosh! Me too! I had "orange" activity today on day 3. I wonder if it takes 3 days for your body to adjust to the pills? :confused3

Sounds like everyone is off to a good start. Have a great day, all! :)

My coworker is on day three of it. No side effects for her yet which is making me really curious to try it with the July 4 holiday coming up. She has taken it when going out to restaurants and has been ok. So who knows. She takes a pill at lunch and dinner but not at breakfast and I think she said she's taking her vitamin before bed so it will absorb.

I bought alli last weekend and started taking Monday, after 4 days I didn't really have any side affects. My diet has consisted of low fat meals and increased water so I figured that's why I would have the accidents. So I decided to test the waters a bit. I went to Steak n Shake for dinner last night. I ordered a kids meal with a strawberry shake and within an hour of finishing I started having slightly uncomfortable cramping and then later the "effects" so yes it happens so watch your fat intake!

I started 2007 on a weight loss plan with dieting and exercising even working out with a personal trainer. Lost about 25 lbs and lost 2 sizes. I have maintain that loss so far but haven't been working out lately. I need a kick in the butt...LOL to get in gear again! I figure Alli can hurt. Goal is to lose another 10-15 before my WDW trip in September!

OK, I'm confused, is it treatment effects, or just working. I warning you upfront, might be tmi, so stop reading if you are not up for it.

OK, I've not had meals with more then 12 grams of fat since starting. I have not had any "accidents", where I end up with "stains or spotting", but I've had oil spots in the toilet after I go to the restroom. Should I not be having that, or is this supposed to happen? Am I eating too much fat? I've lost about 2 pounds since Monday.

So is this what is supposed to happen, or am I doing something wrong.

Yikes! I think I'll stick with my NV that I've been using. No side effects from it-I'm too worried about the orange stuff. Although I'm a teacher and summer would be a good time to try it. I only want to lose about 5-7 lbs. But I run and I'm worried I would have an accident when I run.

Yikes! I think I'll stick with my NV that I've been using. No side effects from it-I'm too worried about the orange stuff. Although I'm a teacher and summer would be a good time to try it. I only want to lose about 5-7 lbs. But I run and I'm worried I would have an accident when I run.

How is NV working for you? I am looking at Alli, but am interested in how you are doing with NV.

OK, I'm confused, is it treatment effects, or just working. I warning you upfront, might be tmi, so stop reading if you are not up for it.

OK, I've not had meals with more then 12 grams of fat since starting. I have not had any "accidents", where I end up with "stains or spotting", but I've had oil spots in the toilet after I go to the restroom. Should I not be having that, or is this supposed to happen? Am I eating too much fat? I've lost about 2 pounds since Monday.

So is this what is supposed to happen, or am I doing something wrong.

That's exactly what is supposed to happen. It's working because you do have excess fat leaving your body. :thumbsup2 Great job on the weight loss. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter