My 3 yr. old cat is really sick.

Yup you were right nancygirl. Calvin is really mad at me right now. Won't even look at me. The first thing he wanted to do as soon as we got home was go outside. However, the Vet said that we needed to keep him in for about 2 weeks so that we can monitor his urine and stool. It is going to be a very long two weeks. And he has to have some special cat food. Nothing cheap about me little cat, he wants the good life LOL

Since it seems we've all 'adopted' Calvin this week, how is he doing this morning? lol

He wants to go outside and is not happy that I am not allowing him. He is still a little mad at me but I know that will go away. He is eating well and has actually gone to the bathroom. But he was really mad that I left and my son wouldn't let him out so he went and hid under my bed. My son was really worried about him but as soon as I came in the door he came down and wanted out. I think he knows that if he goes under the bed we get really worried about him and that maybe we will let him out. He also seems really hungry all the time. But last night near the end of the night he did come upstairs and slept on our bed so that was a good sign. He is looking a lot better now than he was so I am happier, just hope he continues.
tigercat

They said that he was really constipated and couldn't move it at all. But I'm not sure why because he has never had that problem before. I'm not sure if it started with the antibiotic and just escalated.

Antibiotics can do that. My cat had to get some once along with another medication, and a few days after bringing her home she started to get bloated. I took her back and they said she was really backed up and needed an enema and a gland expression. Then they told me that I could actually do it myself if I wanted to. :crazy2: I had them do it and felt that however much it cost it was well worth it!

Last edited:
They said that he was really constipated and couldn't move it at all. But I'm not sure why because he has never had that problem before. I'm not sure if it started with the antibiotic and just escalated.
The medication and dehydration is the likely culprit.

He has done nothing but eat all day today. I was thinking I could massage his tummy to help things but he also has medicine that is like a mild laxative. He actually likes it on top of his food although he wants it warmed up. Getting picky he is LOL
tigercat

Yay! So glad Calvin is home and now hopefully you can get a good nights sleep. Lol now Calvin is going to be a little spoiled and may get used to it. So glad it is good news!

Thanks everyone. Calvin is home and wanting out which he can't do. That is okay. He is eating and drinking and using the litter box. He is not mad at me anymore so that is good. One funny thing though is that he has always hated his belly being rubbed. Now he loves it. LOL I feel so much better with him home and seemingly okay.
tigercat

Thanks everyone. Calvin is home and wanting out which he can't do. That is okay. He is eating and drinking and using the litter box. He is not mad at me anymore so that is good. One funny thing though is that he has always hated his belly being rubbed. Now he loves it. LOL I feel so much better with him home and seemingly okay.
tigercat
I am so glad Calvin is home and he is doing much better. I know that is a relief to you.

We aren't a cat family because of some severe allergies, but I definitely feel invested in Calvin this week. Glad he is coming home!!

Thanks everyone. The only problem we are going to have is not allowing him to roam outside for 2 weeks. I'm not sure if the Vet is punishing me or Calvin LOL. Calvin is ready to go and see his friends and is not quiet about wanting out. He has also been trying to open the back door. He almost had it open today. So he can open both screen doors and is almost there at opening both the front and back door. Who said Cats aren't smart? Anyway thanks for listening to a worried "Mum" and making her feel better. I really appreciated all you have done.
tigercat

Thanks everyone. The only problem we are going to have is not allowing him to roam outside for 2 weeks. I'm not sure if the Vet is punishing me or Calvin LOL. Calvin is ready to go and see his friends and is not quiet about wanting out. He has also been trying to open the back door. He almost had it open today. So he can open both screen doors and is almost there at opening both the front and back door. Who said Cats aren't smart? Anyway thanks for listening to a worried "Mum" and making her feel better. I really appreciated all you have done.
tigercat
We found a semi feral cat two years ago. Obviously she was outdoor when we got her. We turned her into a indoor cat whether she likes it or not. I don't like cats running outdoors. They are a nuisance to others and I can't imagine them getting run
Over or dogs getting them. This would be a great to train Calvin as a permanent indoor cat. He will be much healthier in the long run.

I'm so glad to see that he is doing so well. Just tell him that he'll have to wait a little longer before he can see his friends. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter