MVMCP Tickets Selling Out?

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
Just noticed the MVMCP dates have been released. We are wanting to attend the December 18 event. How fast do these tickets sell out?

We usually go on the Thursday about that time. Would probably be 20th this year, and we don't order until November. I do watch as we get closer for sellout dates, just in case.

Ok, thanks. Right now we have two trips booked--one for October and one for December. We will be cancelling one of them. Right now, we think we will be going in December, but I don't want to buy a non-refundable ticket until we are for sure. We will probably be finalizing plans the end of June, so it's good to know we should be able to safely buy then.

We took a last minute weekend trip last year during the first weekend of October. We actually bought our Halloween party tickets on the way down. That was a Friday for the Sunday party.

We took a last minute weekend trip last year during the first weekend of October. We actually bought our Halloween party tickets on the way down. That was a Friday for the Sunday party.
Yes, we have bought Halloween party tickets last minute. In fact, on one trip I forgot to buy them the day before (was waiting to check the weather forecast) and missed out on the DVC discount. MNSSHP selling out doesn't worry me unless we are going over Halloween. But it makes me nervous waiting to buy one of the last three MVMCP dates right before Christmas. We have done several Halloween parties, but this will be our first Christmas party, so I don't want to miss out.

Last year we were planning to go December 17th and it sold out the day before I logged in to buy tickets which was around December 2nd. We ended up buying tickets for the December 19th party instead, and I don't believe that one ever sold out. Based on that I personally would buy tickets in November if I were going at that time.

I think there may be an article on wdw that shows historially when parties were sold out. This year we are waiting until we have a solid weather reports a few days before hand for MNSSHP. Our dates historically have never sold out anyways.. I am willing to risk that and buy a day or two before and know most likely we will not have torrential rains as we have done that twice and it ruined our party.. nothing worse than paying for that and being rained out.

I think there may be an article on wdw that shows historially when parties were sold out. This year we are waiting until we have a solid weather reports a few days before hand for MNSSHP. Our dates historically have never sold out anyways.. I am willing to risk that and buy a day or two before and know most likely we will not have torrential rains as we have done that twice and it ruined our party.. nothing worse than paying for that and being rained out.
I know the feeling. Been there, done that. It rained 5" in an hour and then continued raining at one of our MNSSHPs. I stood in line for 3 hours at City Hall to find out if there was anything they could do. They were refunding tickets and rescheduling the party for many people, but we were leaving the next day at lunch and had not been to MK yet. We just wanted some time at MK. They were nice enough to give us a one-day ticket so that we could have a few hours in MK before the end of our trip. We were very appreciative of it.

ETA: That experience does make me a little leery of purchasing in advance, but I think if it's something I really want to do, I'll have to purchase early. Especially since that party is so close to Christmas.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter