MVMCP or Park Hopper -- opinions and info

bellelayne1

in my happy place and I have my mouse ears on.
Hey all,
We'll be at WDW on my birthday and I wanted to spend the day at MK. However MVMCP is that day. We'd have to spend $194 for the two of us to go to it. I almost swallowed my tongue seeing that. Anyways as we've never been to a hard ticket event I was thinking of just getting park hopper for us for $50 cheaper. Then we can go to another park after our reservation at BOG (it's at 5:50, I think we should be safe, right?)
So I can look online and see the facts about MVMCP but I was wondering, based on your experience and opinion, is MVMCP worth it for two adults who don't care about the parade, the shows are just ok for us (except the fireworks and wishes are our favorites). We'd be most interested in the meet 'n' greets. Is there anything else I'm missing that would make the nearly $200 price tag worth it? I'd hate to find out that XYZ awesome thing was happening that I didn't know about and regret not getting the tickets. Though where we'll find the money is another thing....
I know in the end it is up to us but you are all so awesome and have lots of opinions, ideas and info that I figured I'd ask. :-)

No
I Went for the first time last year and i LOVE fireworks and shows and snow coming down.
I wouldnt go again. We were 2 adults too. Id pick parkhopper everytime. It was nice to see but if i hadnt seen it i wouldnt have felt like i was missing out. It was alot of standing around to see the shows and they were different then the regular shows but not better. Regular wishes is more magical to me but do check out the holiday wishes from the poly beach or california grill for the sorrounding fireworks they launch. And leave mk at 7 so you can catch the snow on mainstreet while you are exiting.

I'm in the same boat. I could go to MVMCP for $191, or add park hopper and another day of tickets for $196. Since my DS will be almost four and there's only a small chance he'd be awake past 9:30, we're skipping the party. Kinda sad about it, but we'll get plenty of holiday cheer in other ways.

Party - the crowds are much thinner generally speaking. You can get a lot done. I personally love the parties and feel that they are special in so many ways. I've never been big into park hopping, I generally plan my day around one park. If it were my bday I'd do the party in a heartbeat. There's something cool about seeing snow on main street and all of the lights.

IMHO, the parade and fireworks are the best thing about the party, so if you aren't interested, skip it and get the hoppers. You will see MK all decked out in Christmas decor during the regular park day. We did MVMCP two years ago and it's definitely once and done for us. It wasn't worth the cost.

I would get park hoppers instead. We went to our first MNSSHP last fall and it was SO crowded. It was really frustrating that we spent all that extra money and rode fewer things than we had the previous night at MK. The parade and fireworks were great, but not worth the extra cost, IMO. I've never been to a MVMCP before, but I would imagine that they are just as crowded at the MNSSHP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter