• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MVMCP or CL Processional? if had to choose one

linseyjo26

Earning My Ears
Hi!
I am torn between doing MVMCP and CL Processional. If you have done both please let me know which you would choose. I can only fit one in on 11/26. More info - we have 3 kids ages 9 and 11. They enjoy watching the olympics and would be excited to see Laurie Hernandez. That day we will be switching hotels from CBR to Beach Club. I have a CLP package reserved now for a lunch at Akershus. Although we enjoyed this meal we have done it before and also have 1900 Park Fare booked for the trip. We could use that park ticket we were going to use at Epcot for another day. We will be spending the following day at Epcot( but the kids will be going to the Sandcastle club that night so we can't fit CLP in that night) . Also We will be going to MK another night during our trip and will see the castle lit up and see Happily Ever After.
Which would you do? Thanks!

Hi. We have done both. This year we will be there in early Dec and we are skipping MVMCP but attending CLP. Our reasons: 1. We are older and feel that CLP fits our ages better (no kids coming with us). 2. Cost. MVMCP is an added expense. Yes, we could buy 1 less park day, but we really enjoy the smaller crowds during the day at MK on MVMCP dates.

Having said that, we really did enjoy MVMCP 2 years ago. It's just not in the cards for us this trip.

MVMCP for the Christmas parade, Christmas fireworks, snow on Main Street, and being able to ride rides with shorter lines than during the day. My kids liked MVMCP better than CLP. For us MVMCP is more fun, but also more stressful. Crowds are large on Main Street and it has rained on us multiple times.

Hi. We have done both. This year we will be there in early Dec and we are skipping MVMCP but attending CLP. Our reasons: 1. We are older and feel that CLP fits our ages better (no kids coming with us). 2. Cost. MVMCP is an added expense. Yes, we could buy 1 less park day, but we really enjoy the smaller crowds during the day at MK on MVMCP dates.

Having said that, we really did enjoy MVMCP 2 years ago. It's just not in the cards for us this trip.
Thanks for replying! I hope you enjoy CLP and have a great trip!

They are both so different. Personally, I would do the CP but we enjoy the party too. Can you do both?

How many MK days are currently in your plan?
I only have one day at MK out of 7 park days planned for MK right now. I was thinking it was our least favorite park ( even though the kids love Haunted mansion and splash mountain ) and since we just went to Disneyland last year I wasn't sure if we would need a lot of time there. Now I'm rethinking that...

MVMCP for the Christmas parade, Christmas fireworks, snow on Main Street, and being able to ride rides with shorter lines than during the day. My kids liked MVMCP better than CLP. For us MVMCP is more fun, but also more stressful. Crowds are large on Main Street and it has rained on us multiple times.
Thanks so much for your input! That helps!

They are both so different. Personally, I would do the CP but we enjoy the party too. Can you do both?
Now I'm thinking I might have to! I could fit the Christmas party in on our last night if we skip Minnie's Holiday Dine and jingle bell jingle bam .( and hope another reservation becomes available for another day )
So many fun things to do for the holidays! Hard to fit them all in

I only have one day at MK out of 7 park days planned for MK right now. I was thinking it was our least favorite park ( even though the kids love Haunted mansion and splash mountain ) and since we just went to Disneyland last year I wasn't sure if we would need a lot of time there. Now I'm rethinking that...
Christmas Party.

IMO, not even comparable. CP is a show, MVMCP is an event. The party includes a parade, a show, fireworks, special characters and treats, rides, and lasts several hours. CP is just a show. It's a pretty and festive show, yes, but it's not something we'd go out of our way to see. And certainly not something we'd pay extra for a package for.

BUT that's just us. As two adults, what we saw of CP last year was nice, but we were ready to move on after about 5 minutes. We got bored. It was cool to see Whoopi. When it comes down to it, it's a person reading a story i've heard a million times, with singing breaks.

IMO, not even comparable. CP is a show, MVMCP is an event. The party includes a parade, a show, fireworks, special characters and treats, rides, and lasts several hours. CP is just a show. It's a pretty and festive show, yes, but it's not something we'd go out of our way to see. And certainly not something we'd pay extra for a package for.

BUT that's just us. As two adults, what we saw of CP last year was nice, but we were ready to move on after about 5 minutes. We got bored. It was cool to see Whoopi. When it comes down to it, it's a person reading a story i've heard a million times, with singing breaks.
Thanks for your input!

I would choose MVMCP for some of the reasons PP"s have mentioned. It's a whole event with meet and greets, dance parties, shows, a parade, fireworks, treats and rides. CP is just a show and my DS10 would not be into it AT ALL, LOL! Have you seen a youtube video of it? If not, I would check it out and decide from there. If you really want to see CP, could you do it on your date night?

For us, it would be MVMCP hands down. MVMCP is an all night event with a parade, stage shows, holiday character meets etc. CP is like a church service. We live in an area that has some mega churches that do a living Christmas tree with the story of Christmas- CP is very similar to that, just with a star as the narrator. It runs about 45 minutes. Minus the star, we can attend something very similar to CP at home, but there is nothing similar to MVMCP. There are tons of videos of CP on youtube if you want to get an idea of what it is like.

I have done both in the same trip and while CP was absolutely beautiful, we both (two late 20s adults) had way more fun at MVMCP. The atmosphere was super fun and really got us into the holiday spirit, and we felt the low ride lines, special events and fun characters were worth the cost. If you can do both, I definitely would! If I absolutely had to pick though, I'd pick MVMCP for sure.

We did MVMCP once and hated it - so for that reason I would say Candlelight Processional.

I'm curious what you hated about MVMCP. I'm going for my first time next month and wondering if there are things that would make the experience better or worse. Just curious!

Neither? I've done the Christmas party. Even when the price was much lower, it wasn't really worth it.

Technically, I've never paid for the CLP, but we've walked by the show many times, and we're so glad we didn't pay to see it because we got bored inside of ten minutes. I also just find the concept of mixing highly commercial WDW and religious themes a little off. The rest of the Holiday fun in the WS is okay, but that show feels out of place to me.

The other big thing to consider is the non-refundable nature of either. The last time we bought tickets to a WDW party, my group didn't really feel up to staying for most of it. UGH!

Lesson learned.

I don't know your other options that night, but since the above fiasco, I've tried to stick with our most flexible/least expensive option, and that's always worked best for us. If you can hit EMH in another park that night, I'd go to the EMH.

Last edited:
I'd go with the Candlelight Processional. MVMCP is Holly Jolly. Nothing gives you the true meaning of Christmas like the CP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter