• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MVMCP Nov schedule is messing up my week!

I actually broke down and booked the HEA dessert party solely to avoid what I assume will be the insanity of the fireworks crowds on a non-party night. This will be our first time seeing it and I wasn’t trying to fight those hub crowds for a spot. I call it a “stress tax”. We will play it by ear for afterwards, but we’re staying at the Poly so dipping out if it’s too crazy is no big deal.
I thought about this but I can't justify the cost only for viewing HEA. If we were going to spend the extra money, I'd rather spend a little more and get the party tickets and make the most of low wait times on rides. We've done the party twice now and wanted to save the $400 this time.

Even though it was a 10/10 crowd level that night according to TP numbers that come out a day or 2 after, crowds were low after HEA. We played FP roulette, and had a fantastic couple of hours hitting some of our favorites and the one we hadn't done, all with the rolling FP. We got POTC, Splash, Pooh, did standby for a couple others.

Well TP bases crowd levels on wait times so maybe the rides won't be bad that night! Is that totally naive thinking on my part?

For us it was a no brainer since it's just the two of us, plus my gf is only 5'2" and gets anxiety in crowds. But I can definitely see how folks would find the dessert party too expensive, especially if you're bringing kids.

This is good to know! Maybe Wednesday non-party night will have EMH and sort of empty out after HEA?? I guess best case scenario would be if I could get BOG Wednesday night, then view HEA and then get a lot of rides in if the park is open late. We will do a morning party day in MK too.

I just set up a test on TP reservation finder for October even though our trip is in November. I was wondering how well that worked.

This planning is stressing me out now and I usually love the planning.
I Think doing MK that wed is your best best bet.

You'll want to do one MK day on one of those party days and either hop for the evening or make it an early evening, dinner show, or DS night. Then you're going to need one evening in MK on a non-party day to see HEA. Sunday night would be my choice if you're there on Sunday. Either way be prepared for a VERY crowded HEA.

As to dinner times, they haven't released any for party hours, but people have been able to make some MK ADRs for MNSSHP days. Not sure how late they've found or how many. Remember BoG dinner will be a prix fix by then and require 2TS credits if you're on the dining plan.

Ugh - this thread is making me rethink our trip. It's our first family trip and we are arriving 11/10 and departing 11/18. I was planning on doing MK on Sunday, 11/11. Thoughts? Or, I guess we could tack on an extra park day and hit MK on our arrival day. I just really want to see HEA.

HEA question - what time does it show? Is it always one hour prior to park closing? The difference between a 7 day and 8 day park ticket is pretty small. I'm thinking maybe hitting MK the night we arrive is best? Or Sunday? Or? Or? Or? I'm stressing. My kids are 9,8 and 5. So shutting a park down at midnight and being somewhere the next morning for rope drop is gonna be tough.

HEA question - what time does it show? Is it always one hour prior to park closing? The difference between a 7 day and 8 day park ticket is pretty small. I'm thinking maybe hitting MK the night we arrive is best? Or Sunday? Or? Or? Or? I'm stressing. My kids are 9,8 and 5. So shutting a park down at midnight and being somewhere the next morning for rope drop is gonna be tough.

Kenny the Pirate is predicting a late EMH on the 10th, so I believe I'd stick with your plan to see HEA on the 11th. It should show at 9:00. The 10th will be more crowded than the 11th.

Ok. I think I am resigned to missing MK at night if it happens that way. We are going to focus on rides for this trip, so we'll hit MK in the mornings, maybe try Wednesday evening if we end of with BOG that night. My kids don't care too much about fireworks anyway.

I can't find any dates for Fantasmic or other dessert parties, when do they usually schedule those? I thought it would all be out by the time I need to plan ADRs.

Ugh - this thread is making me rethink our trip. It's our first family trip and we are arriving 11/10 and departing 11/18. I was planning on doing MK on Sunday, 11/11. Thoughts? Or, I guess we could tack on an extra park day and hit MK on our arrival day. I just really want to see HEA.

Do you know when you are arriving on Saturday? Our arrival is late Sunday night so that doesn't work for us. If we were checked in by the afternoon, I would totally do an evening until close. I think Saturdays tend to have higher crowds so I would do Sunday in your case anyway. Also I agree about getting more park day tickets. In the past we have only done 5 days but this time I think we are doing 6 or maybe 7, it's really not much more and a lot less than a party.

I thought about this but I can't justify the cost only for viewing HEA. If we were going to spend the extra money, I'd rather spend a little more and get the party tickets and make the most of low wait times on rides. We've done the party twice now and wanted to save the $400 this time.

Well TP bases crowd levels on wait times so maybe the rides won't be bad that night! Is that totally naive thinking on my part?
I wouldn't assume the waits to be low after the show. When we went they were still insanely long after HEA between Christmas party nights.

We went on a party day and made sure we were in the back of the park by the end of the normal operating hours. So that when we walked down Main Street to leave, all the holiday music and snow was available. We went to Ohana’s for dinner and enjoyed the fireworks with music from inside the restaurant.

I'm with you. I hate it when the MK parties are going on. We're not keen on the parties, so don't pick that. We did one once and it was OK, but we prefer a regular day with rope drop. Doing a regular day on a party day means lower crowds, but that meant no fireworks right in the park which DS enjoys. So that leaves a regular non party day during party time and OMG that really ups the crowds. // We just do one day at the MK and no other Disney parks. I realize those doing more days and those with hoppers have a little more flexibility and may not see the choices in as negative a light as I do. // I personally, though, feel like Disney is double dipping with the parties and if given a choice prefer to visit when there are no parties going on. Since they are so profitable, though, there will probably be more parties in more seasons in the future I'm afraid. The MK, though, seems to be more popular than ever and despite all this if we are in Orlando during party season we still like to go, despite the crowds.

You know I really do like the Christmas party and I'm glad we did it. I wouldn't be opposed to some year-round seasonal parties. I think they are a great way to guarantee a memorable night with special events and low wait times on rides. I do think that having any week with FOUR parties just stinks for those of us not springing for the tickets, especially when the trip was booked MONTHS before the party schedule came out. If there were year-round seasonal parties, they wouldn't need to pack 4 in one week because it would spread out the party goers (and extra party money!) to other seasons. They could add a spring fling party season and some summer all nighters or something. IDK

Anyway I'm over it. I'm just resigned to what it is now, planning MK mornings on party day, hopefully scoring a BOG dinner, and we will do Wednesday night at another *hopefully* less crowded park. There are plenty of fun things that we have not done yet and I know my crew will love them, like Fantasmic and HoopDeDoo Review and all the new stuff in AK and HS. It will be a great trip regardless. Thanks :-)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter